Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

20 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

As well as he played yesterday it was against opposition of his level. Championship level he looks decent. He is better thru the middle I agree but let’s not get ahead of ourselves with him. His second goal of the season against the worst side in the division. 

Yes I See now..!! Wintersisntcoming, its Bloody arrived....

Have you ever thought when Making such Blunt comments....that over These last 2 seasons, Top teams have struggle to get One up on this Blades team..

Has over 100s of seasons, there are teams, Top teams cant crack..Like .Ourselves in The 60-70s,Burnley, etc...Its football, where your Comments

Lean to negative point-Scoring in the snidey, backstabbing variety....

Because you "always" do it..and you are the First to Search out the negative-narrative......instead of a balanced one...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

Consistency (as always) is all we want to see, at a good level of assists and goals. In the case of Perez, in particular, he needs to be a little stronger on the ball and in the tackle. With Maddison, Barnes, Praet and Ünder all injured, if he doesn’t deliver now, his chances will dwindle somewhat. On the flip side, if he performs consistently over the next 10 games, what a great time to stake a claim for an international call up!

50 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes I See now..!! Wintersisntcoming, ist Bloody arrived....

Have you ever thought when Making such Blunt comments....that over These last 2 seasons, Top teams have struggle to get One up on this Blades team..

Has over 100s of seasons, there are teams, Top teams cant crack..Like .Ourselves in The 60-70s,Burnley, etc...Its football, where your Comments

Lena to negative point-Scoring in the snidey, backstabbing variety....Bit

Because you "always" do it..and you are the First to Search out the negative-narrative......instead of a balanced one...

The problem with Perez is he plays well in maybe 2/3 games a season. As was the case last season. Same this season. You really should be expecting more from a player that cost 30m. He’s not quick, is lightweight and at times his distribution is poor. As I stated he played well against Sheffield Utd but I’m afraid that’s his level. In the next 10 games if he performs like Sunday then I stand corrected. Unfortunately I can’t see it happening. 

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

The problem with Perez is he plays well in maybe 2/3 games a season. As was the case last season. Same this season. You really should be expecting more from a player that cost 30m. He’s not quick, is lightweight and at times his distribution is poor. As I stated he played well against Sheffield Utd but I’m afraid that’s his level. In the next 10 games if he performs like Sunday then I stand corrected. Unfortunately I can’t see it happening. 

His 30m Tag ,Lays, heavily &  singularly at the feet of this club, and poor investment foresight.....

When I heard we were interested..I thought OK, decent call around £16-20Mil in this enviroment (back then)

For me hes fitted in excellently more so when Maddison has been out...So he s done more than some Posters give him Credit for...

Hes been lightweight, But he s been a covering - Johnny, helping picking up valuable points, in Early season & during...!!!

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I'm not quite having these comments. He was praised when he played well, criticised when he didn't, I've done it before and I'll do it again, him playing well (which I pointed out) on Sunday doesn't invalidate what's been said previously.

You can't make comments about people being harsh and judging too quickly based on the back of one game. You've got to see the irony in that.

Honestly, long may it continue, I thought the set up of the front three got the best out of all three of them. I'd be prepared to see it again. I just don't totally buy those saying previous critics were wrong because of it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

You can't make comments about people being harsh and judging too quickly based on the back of one game. You've got to see the irony in that.

On the flip side, there are some who have praised his all-round team contributions fairly regularly (without getting assists or goals) so are not just flagging up "one good display against a crap team".

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm sorry, I'm not quite having these comments. He was praised when he played well, criticised when he didn't, I've done it before and I'll do it again, him playing well (which I pointed out) on Sunday doesn't invalidate what's been said previously.

Honestly, long may it continue, I thought the set up of the front three got the best out of all three of them. I'd be prepared to see it again. I just don't totally buy those saying previous critics were wrong because of it.

Thing is Dan, if it's not applicable to you, then it's not about you is it? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

The thing is though, it’s not just a ‘one swallow doesn’t make a summer’ type situation. 

Perez’s link up play and overall contribution has always been that good but our fans have just been blinkered by the fact that he hasn’t added enough goals or assists this season.

But he’s never been a poor or bad player. In fact, I’d argue he’s consistently decent but just not been effective in terms of turning that into goal contributions. A bit like those two blokes we all love - Okazaki and Albrighton. 

His link up play is good but we can't just ignore his poor G+A stats. He gets judged on that because he's an attacking player in a team that plays attacking football. I like Perez though. I just don't think he should be a starter next season. We need someone better.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Thats fair dues, but no Need for some to use his Price tag (Any player) as a Stick to Beat them with...Any guy who is off his Performance is Open to criticism,

But they Shouldnt become a seasons target. Plus One has to look at what players bring to Balance what from the managers perspective brings...

Swings n roundabouts, in an injury hit squad, are some consequences Coaches & managers usually accept....

Like a players performance..Then fans must also accept when criticising there will be other fans who will bring a Contra argument & perspective...

I believe many just Risikos or Jump on the negatives when we consistently are experiencing fans...going for the Scapegoat rhetoric...

then go After individuals players....and dish out the least balanced arguments.....!!!  Highlighting every mistake then Conveniently ignoring/forgetting those by

other players...

I'm not too sure what the general opinion of Whoscored but I go there quite often.

Here is their quick synopsis of Ayoze Perez. Pretty decent numbers. Pretty strong at AMC !

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 11.34.36 AM.png

Edited by gurru991
Addition
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Consistency (as always) is all we want to see, at a good level of assists and goals. In the case of Perez, in particular, he needs to be a little stronger on the ball and in the tackle. With Maddison, Barnes, Praet and Ünder all injured, if he doesn’t deliver now, his chances will dwindle somewhat. On the flip side, if he performs consistently over the next 10 games, what a great time to stake a claim for an international call up!

Does he qualify for Faroe Islands, is their usual striker injured? 🤣

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The thing is though, it’s not just a ‘one swallow doesn’t make a summer’ type situation. 

Perez’s link up play and overall contribution has always been that good but our fans have just been blinkered by the fact that he hasn’t added enough goals or assists this season.

But he’s never been a poor or bad player. In fact, I’d argue he’s consistently decent but just not been effective in terms of turning that into goal contributions. A bit like those two blokes we all love - Okazaki and Albrighton. 

....I would say that he is probably very happy to be in a position which allows him to link with other players!!!

Not easy to do that out wide and he was always viewed as someone brought in to get us goals or have a part in their creation. We can all see now from the wing he is ineffective in producing those things and being eased off the ball so easily did not help his cause.

He has linked up well with Ricardo when he is brought inside, and his one touch lay offs to a flying Ricardo last season only went to prove he was better centrally. The fact that we continued to play him wide is an argument and a question for Rodgers and his physicality is not so much of a problem in that position.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Appears he was playing with an injury until eventually it caught up with him 

What, ever since he signed?!

He’s been powderpuff on too many occasions for me to feel that he’ll ever be more than a decent squad player for us. A good performance against the worst side we’ve played since we came back up isn’t going to change that.

The fact his last three premier league goals are against Sheffield United speaks volumes. That’s how infrequently he’s having an impact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1