Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

31 minutes ago, shen said:

Kanté had a release clause of £30m, but only for clubs who had qualified for European competition. Chelsea bid £35m as they hadn't qualified and perhaps because CL clubs were sniffing about, the club accepted and we probably got £5m more than a likely deal to a CL club.

It's not the same with Perez, unless he had the same kind of clause (i.e. only to EL/CL clubs)

He turned down Valencia who were in the champions league that year. As ever, 'the project' (money) swung it for us.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

On 22/03/2021 at 10:35, snoopy87 said:

Didn't think he had a bad game yesterday to be honest. Some nice play at times, got at them in the high press, just lacked a goal

Unfortunatly Leicester fans seem to polarise players, some are seemingly above critisim, while others can't do anything wrong, I know this happens to some extent with other clubs but at Leicester its toxic at times. The amounts of abuse from our own fans that Perez and Iheanacho have had is appalling. I've heard boo's when Iheanacho was comming on as sub, can you imagine what that must do to a young player in his own stadium. The only downside to Iheanacho's recent form is that he didn't have thousands of Leicester fans cheering him on, he's deserved that at least. Imagine what a confidence player with his talent could do with a full stadium roaring him on instead of on his back waiting for the first mistake.

I know we're all entitled to voice our opinions but lets leave the negative reactions to the pub autopsy, not in the ground where players can hear it.

The lockdowns have made me realise even more how lucky I am to watch Leicester City and when we're back I'm going to make the most of it.

• Like 3

Great defensive work by Perez today. Really impressed how many times he had tracked back to help out the defence. Look decent going forward also, I personally am a fan of his dribbling skills.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2021 at 12:50, messerschmitt said:

Unfortunatly Leicester fans seem to polarise players, some are seemingly above critisim, while others can't do anything wrong, I know this happens to some extent with other clubs but at Leicester its toxic at times. The amounts of abuse from our own fans that Perez and Iheanacho have had is appalling. I've heard boo's when Iheanacho was comming on as sub, can you imagine what that must do to a young player in his own stadium. The only downside to Iheanacho's recent form is that he didn't have thousands of Leicester fans cheering him on, he's deserved that at least. Imagine what a confidence player with his talent could do with a full stadium roaring him on instead of on his back waiting for the first mistake.

I know we're all entitled to voice our opinions but lets leave the negative reactions to the pub autopsy, not in the ground where players can hear it.

The lockdowns have made me realise even more how lucky I am to watch Leicester City and when we're back I'm going to make the most of it.

What you’ve just explained is true of FT, in a nutshell.

It’s full of hypocrisy. The likes of Nacho and Ayoze have received dogs abuse on here. Now that Nacho has had a good run of games, suddenly he’s brilliant. Finally the usual suspects are starting to see Perez importance to the team, but that’s after many months of rabid criticism. 
And you’re right that other players can’t do any wrong. Amartey is possibly the worst player we’ve had at the club in a long time, but the FT faithful seem to adore him

I’ve never gotten it, never will. I just take it for what it is these days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

And you’re right that other players can’t do any wrong. Amartey is possibly the worst player we’ve had at the club in a long time, but the FT faithful seem to adore him

That's not really true, is it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

So Daniel Amartey, who most on here believe should be a back-up, gets no criticism whatsoever?

Who said he didn’t get any criticism? But compared to the likes of Perez and Iheanacho for instance, very little. They are/were both back up players too

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who said he didn’t get any criticism? But compared to the likes of Perez and Iheanacho for instance, very little. They are/were both back up players too

You said that some players can't do any wrong then named Amartey. That would suggest he's one of the key players in the squad and there's a huge clamour for him to play.

I've just not seen it. He's had plenty of criticism over the years. Perez, Iheanacho do too. Even Jamie Vardy has had a lot in the past few weeks despite years of brilliance.

The only player I think is truly adored on here and criticism is very rare is Tielemans.

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Ridiculous. Ryan Bennett was far worse and he was playing for City less than a year ago. 

Ammartey doesn't get stick because most city fans with half a brain understand that he's an OK utility player who can cover cm rb and especially cb. If Amartey is playing it usually means there is an injury (or in this case covid) crisis. So most fans cut him stick accordingly. 

Perez on the other hand is a 30 million pound marquee signing who at the moment is starting ahead of Praet and maddison. And has regularly kept under, gray and albrighton out of the side so there is a lot more pressure and expectation for him to perform to decent level. 

What’s the price got to do with it? Perez didn’t set his price, the club paid it. And he’s been a squad player, in and out the side, for months. The abuse he has gotten on here has been appalling. Look back through the threads 

• Like 4

Just now, Corky said:

You said that some players can't do any wrong then named Amartey. That would suggest he's one of the key players in the squad and there's a huge clamour for him to play.

I've just not seen it. He's had plenty of criticism over the years. Perez, Iheanacho do too. Even Jamie Vardy has had a lot in the past few weeks despite years of brilliance.

The only player I think is truly adored on here and criticism is very rare is Tielemans.

Another was Cambiasso. Ever present in a team fixed to the bottom of the division, then had a few good games at the end of the season, became a club legend. A prime example.

Amartey also has a little cult status too I reckon. 
Biazarre stuff 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What you’ve just explained is true of FT, in a nutshell.

It’s full of hypocrisy. The likes of Nacho and Ayoze have received dogs abuse on here. Now that Nacho has had a good run of games, suddenly he’s brilliant. Finally the usual suspects are starting to see Perez importance to the team, but that’s after many months of rabid criticism. 

....like Matty James, coming back from a long term injury, his rehabilitation lends itself to the underdog story!!!

He has actually contributed quite well to the team and once again has taken sometime for the manager to put him in the position of which he could give a good account of himself. He has played in the Centre Back position for his country for some time and we now utilise him in that capacity as opposed to the Defensive Midfielder or Right Back positions he had previously being asked to do.

Hard to judge him in any other capacity other than in the Centre Back role, just like Nacho, who was always set up to fail in the lone strikers role.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Another was Cambiasso. Ever present in a team fixed to the bottom of the division, then had a few good games at the end of the season, became a club legend. A prime example.

Amartey also has a little cult status too I reckon. 
Biazarre stuff 

If there's a cult status this place would be hammering Rodgers for not picking him every week.

Perez isn't as good as Maddison or Praet and shouldn't play if they are fully fit. He works hard and shows some neat touches but isn't consistently good enough. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Iheanacho got absolutely obliterated before this season lol lol

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Iheanacho got absolutely obliterated before this season lol lol

Exactly my point. Iheanacho did get obliterated. And now he’s the best thing since sliced bread to the hypocrites. I’m not surprised by this, I’m just pointing it out.

Iheanacho was expected to be a reliable back up and possible successor to Jamie Vardy, Amartey is seen as what he is, back up in 3 positions, you must be trying to come across this blind to what people are saying

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Iheanacho was expected to be a reliable back up and possible successor to Jamie Vardy, Amartey is seen as what he is, back up in 3 positions, you must be trying to come across this blind to what people are saying

Was Amartey signed as a back up? I thought he played pretty much from the off and definitely played many many games in midfield when we were getting absolutely mullered. Can’t remember the manager. He’s certainly become a back up cos he ain’t very good but I thought we signed him to some real excitement from the FT faithful?

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Was Amartey signed as a back up? I thought he played pretty much from the off and definitely played many many games in midfield when we were getting absolutely mullered. Can’t remember the manager. He’s certainly become a back up cos he ain’t very good but I thought we signed him to some real excitement from the FT faithful?

Nah he only started about 1 game in his first season. The run in the team your referring to is when drinkwater and Mendy were both injured and we were stuck with Amartey and King... Grim. 

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Nah he only started about 1 game in his first season. The run in the team your referring to is when drinkwater and Mendy were both injured and we were stuck with Amartey and King... Grim. 

yeah and he was slaughtered, people forget because we signed Ndidi that January and Amartey was dropped

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

yeah and he was slaughtered, people forget because we signed Ndidi that January and Amartey was dropped

He was slaughtered back then because he was absolutely fookin dreadful. That’s the fascinating thing. Now he’s not and people will seemingly go out of their way to defend him.

‘Again, it’s incredibly hypocritical and kind of weird.

Anyway, food for thought.

or its because peoples expectations have changed as other have come in and replaced him in the pecking order, you have always disliked him and are simply unwilling to admit he is a perfectly fine back up, which is what others are saying.

You CAN admit you are wrong you know its not a sign of weakness

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly my point. Iheanacho did get obliterated. And now he’s the best thing since sliced bread to the hypocrites. I’m not surprised by this, I’m just pointing it out.

That's not hypocrisy.  Nacho got criticised because he was poor.  He is now getting praised because he is playing well and it's brilliant.  Similarly, Perez gets criticised for being consistently ineffective but if he turns it around he will get praised too.  That's not hypocritical, it's fair.

• Like 2