Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

Do we still have a psychologist at the club?  

So we did have one! 

I asked some time back but there was no answer. I had a feeling we had one, one of the posts that NP had put in place, but that Ranieri had gotten rid of them.. but I'm uncertain

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, because he had a good season. Not hard to work out.

After that he wasn't anywhere near that level.

Wasn’t he in the Bundasliga one as wel though, prior to us signing him? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, taupe said:

So we did have one! 

I asked some time back but there was no answer. I had a feeling we had one, one of the posts that NP had put in place, but that Ranieri had gotten rid of them.. but I'm uncertain

Yes, we did have one. I’d imagine a club like Leicester should have more than one. 

Ranieri made quite a few changes to the sports science team, as he was more old school. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, taupe said:

So we did have one! 

My understanding at the time was that Ranieri got rid of the psychologist post-title, as well as some changes on the science and diet front that didn't go down well with the squad

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Wasn’t he in the Bundasliga one as wel though, prior to us signing him? 

Not that I know of.

But living on past glories is a bit rich given we all want a manager out who previously won us something lol

Soyuncu was great for us but it was the one season. The following season he didn't as much (did he get an injury?) and in the end was making mistakes. I understand people calling for him because we're poor at the minute, especially in defence, but it's getting to the point where people are overrating him which happens when players don't play for a while.

If he has done something to Rodgers, or if he isn't performing in training, then fair play to Rodgers for sticking to that. He is the manager after all. Most managers wouldn't let a player that has caused issues play. But that's just everyone guessing. Though Rodgers did say post Man Utd that Soyuncu hasn't performed in training (or not up to the level). None of us see that.

Edited by Fox92

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

How many of us think Rogers has performed in training and on matchdays this season?  On the evidence thus far, he has not performed to a standard required by LCFC. 

At the minute Rodgers is the manager and if he thinks a player isn't performing in training, or if they have "fell out", then Rodgers is the manager and the player won't play. Just like with any other manager.

I want Rodgers out but this a thread about Soyuncu.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not that I know of.

But living on past glories is a bit rich given we all want a manager out who previously won us something lol

Soyuncu was great for us but it was the one season. The following season he didn't as much (did he get an injury?) and in the end was making mistakes. I understand people calling for him because we're poor at the minute, especially in defence, but it's getting to the point where people are overrating him which happens when players don't play for a while.

If he has done something to Rodgers, or if he isn't performing in training, then fair play to Rodgers for sticking to that. He is the manager after all. Most managers wouldn't let a player that has caused issues play. But that's just everyone guessing. Though Rodgers did say post Man Utd that Soyuncu hasn't performed in training (or not up to the level). None of us see that.

He definitely played to a higher level and that was going to be hard to top. 

However it’s the bizarreness of being dropped altogether for Ndidi and Amartey. 

It’s like Vestergaard, sometimes you just need to put round pegs into round holes and play the way you have to with the tools you have. 

Not square pegs into round holes and get annoyed when you play a style of football that makes us error prone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

At the minute Rodgers is the manager and if he thinks a player isn't performing in training, or if they have "fell out", then Rodgers is the manager and the player won't play. Just like with any other manager.

I want Rodgers out but this a thread about Soyuncu.

We will have to disagree on this, Roger´s man management is for me, suspect in the case of Cags.    Castagne appears to be his latest victim.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

We will have to disagree on this, Roger´s man management is for me, suspect in the case of Cags.    Castagne appears to be his latest victim.

I will agree to disagree, I don't usually find myself disagreeing with your posts tbf.

Agree RE Castagne being dropped though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

He didn't play Benkovic at all, didn't sign him and sold him when the chance came of all the things we can rightly have a go about Benkovic isn't one of them. Cags could definitely be. 

Please don't bring positivity to my misery.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not that I know of.

Not to get into the rest of the debate but he was. So that's 2 PFA team of the seasons appearances in different top 5 leagues.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2022 at 03:12, EnglishOxide said:

This is a player that had such a sustained good run of form that gave him a price tag of £80m along with Maguire. You don't do that if you're a shit player. 

I honestly believe Rodgers has destroyed him as an asset to the club both on the pitch and financially. 

The fact we might lose him for next to nothing is criminal. This is why we need a new manager ASAP who can work with what we have. 

Yep Him and Evans seemed to work well together but Rodgers does not seem to want to try that anymore. Probably told Rodgers to Get F#$%^ as I would at this point too !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

“He is a great lad,” Rodgers said. “When I came here, Cags was fourth-choice centre-half. I came in 2019, he propelled himself, I gave him the opportunity. He was fantastic in that first season.

“Then it was a mixture of things, the national team wasn’t going so well and he had some injuries, and then he played so much because he was one of my only fit centre-halves. It was really difficult for him.

“But he has never been a problem. He is a great guy, works hard and when the opportunity comes, which I am pretty sure it will do at some point, he knows he has to be ready.”

Soyuncu may be fifth-choice centre-back as things stand. Jonny Evans, new signing Wout Faes, and Daniel Amartey are expected to be Rodgers’ first-choice trio, with the improved performances of Boubakary Soumare in midfield allowing the manager to drop Wilfred Ndidi into the defence as well. As such, Soyuncu’s only opportunity came in the Carabao Cup, where he partnered fellow out-of-favour defender Jannik Vestergaard, keeping a clean sheet against Stockport.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

“He is a great lad,” Rodgers said. “When I came here, Cags was fourth-choice centre-half. I came in 2019, he propelled himself, I gave him the opportunity. He was fantastic in that first season.

“Then it was a mixture of things, the national team wasn’t going so well and he had some injuries, and then he played so much because he was one of my only fit centre-halves. It was really difficult for him.

“But he has never been a problem. He is a great guy, works hard and when the opportunity comes, which I am pretty sure it will do at some point, he knows he has to be ready.”

Soyuncu may be fifth-choice centre-back as things stand. Jonny Evans, new signing Wout Faes, and Daniel Amartey are expected to be Rodgers’ first-choice trio, with the improved performances of Boubakary Soumare in midfield allowing the manager to drop Wilfred Ndidi into the defence as well. As such, Soyuncu’s only opportunity came in the Carabao Cup, where he partnered fellow out-of-favour defender Jannik Vestergaard, keeping a clean sheet against Stockport.

Brendan scrambling to try and get the squad back onside 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1