Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

The best bit about his performance, and this is ridiculous to say, but he just did the basics well. When he's at his best of course he does some great last ditch defending, brings the ball out, fires off some great long passes but it's also the fact that he keeps it simple when he has too and puts the simple/low risk defending ahead of the more fancy stuff. Hope that gives him some confidence back because he's way too good a player to piss it away like he has been and just become some average top flight player.

Couple of monstrous blocks from Cags today, a second good game in a week. Hopefully he's turned a corner - he did the basics well and put his body on the line for us. James and Rodrigo presented a very different challenge to Weghorst midweek and Soyuncu (and Amartey) have both put in two convincing defensive displays against them all. Encouraging signs and the clean sheets will do us the world of good - mad how the wins start to follow when you stop leaking 2 goals per game!

4 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Him and Amartey seem to have found a bit of form together. They look like they understand each others games and know what works and what doesn’t. Long may it continue!

The more they played together, they get to know what each other is doing and wants. 

Soyuncu needed less marshalling from Amartey then the Burnley game ...he instinctly new what Amartey wanted from him

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The last 2 games has made me realise just how colossal he can be, it's inevitable he's off IMO but hopefully some more games like today still sees us get £20-25m and helps us win this Conference muck.

I don’t think we will let both soyuncu and fofana leave. We need to build for the future and need players like these. If fofana comes back where he left in I think the spotlight will be on him not Cags. 

3 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I don’t think we will let both soyuncu and fofana leave. We need to build for the future and need players like these. If fofana comes back where he left in I think the spotlight will be on him not Cags. 

Difference is his contract will be running out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

Fofana is very close to signing a new deal, he'll give us another 2 seasons I reckon. Cags I think wants a move, the fact he's never signed a new deal and is only on about £45k a week when he could have doubled that as an important 1st team player here tells me he would rather plot his next move.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The last 2 games has made me realise just how colossal he can be, it's inevitable he's off IMO but hopefully some more games like today still sees us get £20-25m and helps us win this Conference muck.

.....did you mean £20-25M more, because that price would be daylight robbery!!!

41 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Too many hit and miss games to be an elite champions league player ! He will go abroad and that’s the last we will hear of him 

Amarty was our rock yesterday ! 

The biggest difference I noticed between the two yesterday, was just how good Big Dan's positioning was, compared to Soy...

• Like 1