Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

On 07/09/2022 at 08:11, Fox92 said:

Not that I know of.

But living on past glories is a bit rich given we all want a manager out who previously won us something lol

Soyuncu was great for us but it was the one season. The following season he didn't as much (did he get an injury?) and in the end was making mistakes. I understand people calling for him because we're poor at the minute, especially in defence, but it's getting to the point where people are overrating him which happens when players don't play for a while.

If he has done something to Rodgers, or if he isn't performing in training, then fair play to Rodgers for sticking to that. He is the manager after all. Most managers wouldn't let a player that has caused issues play. But that's just everyone guessing. Though Rodgers did say post Man Utd that Soyuncu hasn't performed in training (or not up to the level). None of us see that.

....Rodgers was obviously not sold on him as he was searching for someone to take over from Maguire!!!

He had to go with Caglar as he couldn't bring someone in as it was the back end of the window, so Soyuncu got the gig. He surprised us all, and as it seems with the majority of the squad, the longer under the coaching regime the more the players regress.

Let us hope Faes brings back the defensive discipline back to his (Soyuncu) game.

The way I see it (which is a bit blurry) Soyuncu had a bad time with Turkey and lost a bit of confidence. He has the ability, but his head had gone. All he needed was a half decent manager to get him back in the game. That's what good managers do. They don't throw their ****ing toys out the pram because the owners won't give them bucket loads of cash to waste on sub standard replacements. Rodgers is PURE Peter Taylor with a little bit of shit thrown in.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Levi Port said:

Brendan scrambling to try and get the squad back onside 

...I noticed all that, putting forward mitigating reasons for the drop in his form!!!

Suddenly he trains well in practise and he is a model pro who goes far and beyond for the team. Why the sudden change of tone and his actions of leaving him on the bench, putting Amartey ahead of him, and using Ndidi as an option?

You would suspect that something has happened behind closed doors, he has probably been advised to get players back on the side, more likely the club has not agreed to pay him off or at least what he is looking for and have left him at the mercy of the squad and results.

He either walks or he compromises with the severance, he might be in a no-win situation which the club has backed him into.

• Like 2

Can we please ALL stop saying that Cags has “only had one good season” but in different posts bash one off over JJ?

JJ had what a good 4/5 months so not even a full season and doesn’t get the same dogs abuse that Cags does.

If Cags does come close to the starting 11, I hope he plays well for his and the clubs benefit.

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why do you think no one bid for him and Youri?

Because no one wanted to pay anything for them when they knew they were available for free next summer anyway. As they’re both serious risks given their incredibly poor form over the past 12 months.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Because no one wanted to pay anything for them when they knew they were available for free next summer anyway. As they’re both serious risks given their incredibly poor form over the past 12 months.

Exactly.

The club was banking on us receiving good offers for both Cags and Tielemans this summer. 
Then we’d have sold them.

But other clubs are waiting to see how they play this season, knowing they can get them on frees next summer IF they play well enough this season.

It’s another example I’m afraid of where the club has miscalculated 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I read this morning he’s going to sign for Atletico Madrid in the summer. Typical of us to let a player go downhill so he’s that bad he goes to one of Europe’s top sides managed by an excellent manager. 

5th choice centre half behind a CDM and a utility player. Signs for one of the best defensive teams in the world. Only Leicester lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I read this morning he’s going to sign for Atletico Madrid in the summer. Typical of us to let a player go downhill so he’s that bad he goes to one of Europe’s top sides managed by an excellent manager

Trying to think of the other examples that make it 'typical' 

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

No one wants to pay what we want which was pretty much what we pay for the both.

If we have offer them at a cut price they would have gone.