Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

In 2nd half he did his first little cruyff turn to make a striker look a fool in ages and that’s such a good sign that his confidence is returning. Amartey was excellent along side him yesterday but fair play to the two of them for back to back clean sheets even if yesterday’s was a tad fortunate!

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....did you mean £20-25M more, because that price would be daylight robbery!!!

He's go's for free next summer if we don't sell him this summer. We might get £30m for him but I could see clubs waiting it out for him unlike Tielemans who will go for £40-45m this summer.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's go's for free next summer if we don't sell him this summer. We might get £30m for him but I could see clubs waiting it out for him unlike Tielemans who will go for £40-45m this summer.

This has only just dawned on me today about his contract and the inevitable sale this summer. Gonna be a huge summer for us if we’re going to lose Soyuncu and Tielemans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

This has only just dawned on me today about his contract and the inevitable sale this summer. Gonna be a huge summer for us if we’re going to lose Soyuncu and Tielemans. 

We lost Tielemans a few months ago!..he's been poor since he decided he was leaving. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just watching the highlights over breakfast.....Man that block was incredible! Definite goal for Leeds there. 

Soyuncu is a changed man....just like old times 👍

He needs to improve if he wants to move to any half decent team ..  obviously a win win ..  better games for us and a better price. 

• Like 2

On 06/03/2022 at 13:01, Countryfox said:

He needs to improve if he wants to move to any half decent team ..  obviously a win win ..  better games for us and a better price. 

I agree but tbf I think Soyuncu, Big Dan and Wilf have all been much better over the past couple of games. 
The Everton game will be a good yardstick. They are bloody awful at the mo but this is pretty much a ‘must-win’ for them 

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I agree but tbf I think Soyuncu, Big Dan and Wilf have all been much better over the past couple of games. 
The Everton game will be a good yardstick. They are bloody awful at the mo but this is pretty much a ‘must-win’ for them 

Well it's an unknown waiting time for that yardstick, unless you mean the home game vs Everton in May?

• Like 1

He is lately starting to play like his brain has been miraculously re-attached to his body.  ****ing brilliant today!  That pre-assist to Barnes/Albrighton was a wonder pass.

He's one of the most physically talented central defenders in world football.  If his mind isn't made up to leave, we should at least explore what it takes to extend his contract.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

He is lately starting to play like his brain has been miraculously re-attached to his body.  ****ing brilliant today!  That pre-assist to Barnes/Albrighton was a wonder pass.

He's one of the most physically talented central defenders in world football.  If his mind isn't made up to leave, we should at least explore what it takes to extend his contract.

he’s been bob for months and has had ONE decent game. I’d wait to see how the season progresses for him..

Wonder if Soyuncu will run his contract down instead of leaving in the summer? Lots of players seem to be doing this nowadays.

We would probably prefer to cash in, but can we really force him out if he decides to stay? 

Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Amartey & a new CB for next season would give us great strength in depth. 

Edited by Shane

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Wonder if Soyuncu will run his contract down instead of leaving in the summer? Lots of players seem to be doing this nowadays.

In general, a potential problem with getting game time and a long term injury could leave a player recuperating on the NHS (or on their private Pacific island)

but if players and agents can divert multi million transfer fees into their own pockets....... and this becomes the norm 

a lot of clubs are going to find their assets aint what they thought they were 

46 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

In general, a potential problem with getting game time and a long term injury could leave a player recuperating on the NHS (or on their private Pacific island)

but if players and agents can divert multi million transfer fees into their own pockets....... and this becomes the norm 

a lot of clubs are going to find their assets aint what they thought they were 

In a rational market this would bring transfer fees down.