Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

5 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He has had so many different CB playing with him this season.

If we can just get a constant back four again we will see him at his best again I feel.

I think this is true.  I think he needs to try minfulness to improve his focus in games.  Imo he positioning isnt alway right and so he is prone to lung in or be racing to catch up. He should watch his van dijk just strolls around.  

He should use videos..  freezes irlt... discus what he should do and conteast it with what he actually did.  This will help him realise mistakes and biases.   It is time consuming to do.

Imo every player should have a coach to prepare such exercises. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think this is true.  I think he needs to try minfulness to improve his focus in games.  Imo he positioning isnt alway right and so he is prone to lung in or be racing to catch up. He should watch his van dijk just strolls around.  

He should use videos..  freezes irlt... discus what he should do and conteast it with what he actually did.  This will help him realise mistakes and biases.   It is time consuming to do.

Surely every Premier league player has coaches doing this with him already??

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Nope... I dint think so... crazy

Wow!!! I’d have thought, with teams of analysts, video rooms etc, that sitting for an hour or two analysing decision making would be a routine part of every players’ week!! 

Shall we apply for the job when BR is sacked??

• Like 1

He's almost 26 years old. The fact that he needs his hand held by Evans or Thiago Silva or Rudiger says it all to me. At this age you should be at the very least hold your own if you're a Premier League defender. And in the case of crisis you should be the leader in that defence helping along  Amartey, Ndidi, Fofana, Vestergaard. You're the most experienced player with the most international caps 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Wow!!! I’d have thought, with teams of analysts, video rooms etc, that sitting for an hour or two analysing decision making would be a routine part of every players’ week!! 

Shall we apply for the job when BR is sacked??

IMO too much trains is about team skills tight passing in boxes etc - then focus on formation and tactics to combat the next opponents - where is the time ofr individual agendas and deliberate practice.?

17 hours ago, Claridge said:

Not sure how the pace of play makes Calgary defend like an over excited 10 yr old. He has been rubbish for 6 months and dreadful for his nation as well. You can whittle and moan about Rodgers all you like,it’s Cags faullt

Maybe so, we certainly need 2 new CB's this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly. 2 different types of CB too. 

An Evans mould player to rotate with Jonny, let's be honest he's on his final years as a player. And then a Soy/Fofana type of player

I think we've seen the last of Evans. I reckon we would do well to assume he'll never kick another ball for us again. Or at least not on a regular basis, I can see him being used about as much as big Wes was in his last season

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

....Man. City does that, even with their Juniors!!!

8 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

IMO too much trains is about team skills tight passing in boxes etc - then focus on formation and tactics to combat the next opponents - where is the time ofr individual agendas and deliberate practice.?

...it is common practice in Colleges and NFL teams!!!

A one to one with the coach to review. If Man. City is incorporating this in their schedule then we can as well. Players will continually do the wrong thing if they do not understand what they are doing wrong. 

I suggest some time ago that Demarai Gray would benefit from being coached in that way. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

A one to one with the coach to review. If Man. City is incorporating this in their schedule then we can as well. Players will continually do the wrong thing if they do not understand what they are doing wrong. 

I suggest some time ago that Demarai Gray would benefit from being coached in that way. 

We see players with poor decision making all the time...  I expect a coach will tell them... but they need their own coach who will prep and go over and over it.

The evidence is that we see player failing to change (ref grey, even chillwell stopped pushing forward , barnes being willing to run to the byeline  or pull the trigger... and dont get me started on kasper)

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I remember Mourinho saying that rashford stsybehind to practice his free kicks for 20mins.... but all prem player should be involved in deliberate practice of skills and reviews of their decision making. 

There a great book by Anders erikssen called Peak.  It changes what you think.mst be possible in life

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I remember Mourinho saying that rashford stsybehind to practice his free kicks for 20mins.... but all prem player should be involved in deliberate practice of skills and reviews of their decision making. 

There a great book by Anders erikssen called Peak.  It changes what you think.mst be possible in life

...I have said the very same before, the player needs to take the initiative and find a way to improve their own game!!!

The coaching just do not pick up on where they need to concentrate on, we witness the same things over and over and the players will just continue to do what they have always done.  Someone needs to make them aware that aspects of their games needs to be worked on, if no one pulls them up on it, it will never be sorted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not been in form for a very, very long time but today was quality. 

Managed a giant in Weghorst very well and barely put a foot wrong (apart from one slip). Other than that, solid all round and read the game well. Pleasing to see him play like he did today against a physical side. 

Definitely, for me, the biggest reason why Kasper was barely tested and why we kept a clean sheet. 

• Like 2

I've been very critical of Cags this season so it's only fair to praise him tonight. Brilliant performance. The Soyuncu we know and love.

Absolutely owned Weghorst who we thought might dominate.

Big Dan was terrific too.

Keep it up Cags!

• Like 1