Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

washing machines

12 hours ago, Otis said:

Genuinely, can you explain further?

Whilst you may pay a little more on the purchase their guarantee's are unrivalled. The slightest thing goes wrong any time in two years of purchase they will fix or replace no questions asked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Whilst you may pay a little more on the purchase their guarantee's are unrivalled. The slightest thing goes wrong any time in two years of purchase they will fix or replace no questions asked.

The is true John Lewis no quibble guarantee and customer service is great. Where possible I always try and buy from John Lewis or Richer Sounds. I've had a few claims over the years from av receivers to sofas never had any issue with either company.

My Bosch washer hasn't been happy for a while and the racket it makes when spinning makes me think it might blow up soon. Mind you, we've had 8 years out of it and that period has covered two babies so it's been absolutely caned.

The dishwasher also gave up the ghost earlier this year so I reckon I'll be going down Mark's Electrical and laying out about £900 soon. Mercifully, they do interest free credit

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My Bosch washer hasn't been happy for a while and the racket it makes when spinning makes me think it might blow up soon. Mind you, we've had 8 years out of it and that period has covered two babies so it's been absolutely caned.

The dishwasher also gave up the ghost earlier this year so I reckon I'll be going down Mark's Electrical and laying out about £900 soon. Mercifully, they do interest free credit

My Bosch got quite noisy at times too, then something inside must have shattered or sheared and it sounded like a cement mixer.

Had to put  Drain on and then turn it off, open it up and hand wash because the drum was  loose and that's it.

It was only my second washer in 21 years actually, my first being an Indesit  for about 7 years.

The new Bosch machines are supposedly pretty quiet so just have to wait for it to be delivered and see.

On 25/08/2019 at 14:14, Izzy said:

All our appliances are Bosch and I wouldn’t buy anything else. Can’t beat German engineering.

John Lewis for quick delivery 

Bosch + John Lewis + removal of old machine + installation for a small fee if, like us, you have a built in appliance.

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Our old Bosch was making horrendous grinding, grating, banging noises. Turned out that one of the 2 concrete ballast blocks that stabilise the drum had broken in two.

23 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Our old Bosch was making horrendous grinding, grating, banging noises. Turned out that one of the 2 concrete ballast blocks that stabilise the drum had broken in two.

If you spin the drum by hand on mine it doesn't move as smoothly as it did, and someone reckons it sounds like the bearings have gone, whatever that means.

Also, it stinks, emitting an odour that no amount of 90 degree cycles and white vinegar will shift. Its days are well and truly numbered

23 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Remember...

Washing machines live longer with Calgon...

...or possibly not. I've never used the stuff.

Complete waste of money. The £ you spend on Calgon added up over the years you could by a new machine.

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

You wash babies in your washing machine?!?! :o

• 3 months later...

Most machines will be fine to start with, buy a decent make but take a look at trust pilot to see what the after care is like all the big manufacturers occasionally have problems with products they make its life but the important thing is how they treat you if you have a problem. And remember although extended warranties are great even if a product only has a one year warranty that doesn't replace your consumer rights an appliance should last for a reasonable amount of time and 1 year isn't reasonable so it doesn't matter just means you don't have argue with the reseller to get your rights.

Edited by twoleftfeet

Stay away from LG and Samsung. I've heard bad things abotu them as they usually replace parts in their factories which mean when you need a replacement it isn't just one part and half the time you have to get a whole bunch of stuff changed etc.

Just seen that there is another safety recall for some Hotpoint and Indesit washing machines, although the website is currently unavailable for checking. They are going to either repair or replace the affected machines, but not until January at the earliest. In the meantime you are advised not to use them... 

Worth checking if you have either make

https://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/safety-notice

Edited by FoxesDeb

31 minutes ago, Izzy said:

What a Fvck up.

Tell half a million people to check a website to see if their washer might blow up but website crashes as it can’t handle half a million enquires.

Embarrassing. 

They should have signed Keith Vaz, now he's been released from his contract. He'd have sorted it all out.

• Haha 1