Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm simply bored of the pathetic finishing now. There is no way that I can be as unlucky as this. Once again, 5 clear cut chances, 0 for them, and the game is drawn. How can it possibly be? We haven't got bad strikers for **** sake. There is simply no way on earth we draw the game with reversed stats.

I can kind of deal with being beaten from distance, we play quite defensively and we're bound to concede more from distance than average, but we routinely miss one on ones, I thought they'd fixed this bullshit?

I feel this.  In way too many games we'll dominate chance creation and get a lot of highlights of us attacking yet end up scraping a 1-0 from a corner in the 78th minute or worse, a low-scoring draw or even worse, losing to their 2 shots on target out of 5 the entire game. 

Well what a load of bollocks. Just got sacked at leicester for finishing 4th. Club disappointed I didnt come in the top 3. Just won league cup and i get sacked day before uefa league final. Absolute load of shit. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Why is it that every time I have a goal reviewed by VAR are they are always disallowed. I haven’t had a single one that is reviewed and has been given.

VAR's a complete waste of time on the game. It's a set outcome. Every single potential offside is offside. Every single potential penalty is a penalty. The only dubious one is inside or outside the box.

• Like 1

Nothing to report in the Southport Saga. 

Yeah right. 

I realised that I didn't tell the tale of the end of the previous season, Exeter were next and it was that long ago I can't even remember anything about it. Anyway it was obviously a 13 goal thriller that we won 7-6 and we won the remaining 8 games after that to set a new points record and obliterate the record of all records and scored loads of goals and stuff. Ok we didn't, but the lads got promoted to League 1 and the chairman popped the champers yet again!! The finances for once in my tenure were healthy (for my standards at least) and everything was great. I'd even managed to bag an affiliate club in Newcastle, paying me £40k a year and I can cherry pick their best youngsters on loan at no cost. What's not to love about that? 

The first season in League 1 looked very promising, that was if you ignored the fact that my players were now playing teams way ahead of their ability. Boy did it show. 2 points in 3 games, 9 points after 15 games. It was like the first season in the National League all over again. We couldn't score, never got battered, but kept on losing. My 4-2-3-1 that saw us rise through the leagues wasn't working, also the Harrogate hammerer, the 4-4-1-1 had seen better days. Something had to change, so after 10 games without a win, I went 5-3-2.

Forest Green up next, 3-0 Southport and the lads were off, 5 games unbeaten. We continued to rise like a proverbial Phoenix from the ashes, particularly after I nabbed some more Newcastle lads in January. We needed some new strikers. Particularly as I plucked out another wonderful marksman that couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, but first I extend my apologies to Josh Eppiah, my last striker to take ages to get off the mark, all is forgiven. 

That's because a new phenomenon is in town, step forward Juanito Lopez, 21 bastard games he took to score. It's all gravy though as we get on like a house on fire, I know that because as if to stick two fingers up at his manager, he scored a hat trick in his 21st game, from the bench. Then finished the season with 4 goals. Tosser.

We ended the season comfortably safe in 16th following a remarkable run winning 7 from 10 and pummeling Burton on the final day to send the fans home full of optimism for the new season. Despite that we desperately need new team, it's time for big personnel changes!

Southport's very own wheeler dealer will be winding down his window in a training ground car park near you very soon. Watch this space. 

• Like 4

"Poor dressing room atmosphere". In my 4th season, same club, and now this has started. Surely one of my new players has upset something? How the hell do I work out what is causing this poor atmosphere?

Anybody had, and fixed, this before? Or have I simply "lost the dressing room"!?

I haven't broken any promises. Is it team talks?

Edited by Fox92

We are so close to Europe. Four of us gunning for 4th but I think we'll miss out, although Alaves amazingly are one of the four and they're a similar kind of side to us. Would be annoyed if they pipped us.

I'm pretty sure we'll be in Europe next season. Depth needed though. Very little beyond our first XI. In fairness that's kind of part of the parcel of operating on a crap budget. It's no surprise January and February were the shit months for us. Take those two months out we've been genuine top four.

20 hours ago, Fox92 said:

"Poor dressing room atmosphere". In my 4th season, same club, and now this has started. Surely one of my new players has upset something? How the hell do I work out what is causing this poor atmosphere?

Anybody had, and fixed, this before? Or have I simply "lost the dressing room"!?

I haven't broken any promises. Is it team talks?

If you haven't received any messages specifying grievances that your players have (for instance right now I have a highly unhappy Vardy because he's considered a key player but he stopped getting game time after the game took his legs away and he started going on long barren streaks) then it could be many things.  If the game's trying to say you've acquired too many different personality types over the years then that can be hard to fix quickly, but if you pay attention to the bit on scouting reports telling you if they'll fit into the squad then it should resolve itself eventually.

If it's players getting upset at interview responses/team talks then it's a lot simpler to fix presuming you're in a position to hire/already have a highly motivational staff member who you can delegate those responsibilities to.

Most of the time though my players are just sulking because we've had a few bad results and then they're fine again once we go on a good run of form.

• Thanks 1

Update: we have only gone and bloody done it, promotion is ours, didn’t look like it would happen especially when in November we lost 5 on the bounce got hammered by Tours fc in the cup 7-2 who was in the league above us and we was in 13th in the league 10 points behind 3rd

drastic changes was required formation was changed from 4-4-2 with an attacking flair to a more solid defensive minded 4-1-3-2 
fortunes suddenly changed around we was winning games we was beating the teams around us and getting draws against the top teams 

we broke the record for longest undefeated streak It all come down to the final game of the season which we managed to nick The win despite being the poorer team on the day 

we finished 3rd to go into the playoffs against a team from the league above, we was going to be playing Tours Fc, nerves was jangling come game day but the players wanted to go out and get revenge and that they did with an incredible 1-0 win away from home, home tie next, which we managed to win 2-1, promotion was secured. 

I think the chairman was a little tipsy following the playoff second leg as he instantly announced we was going from semi pro to professional, gave me £1 million in transfer budget and told me I could scout anywhere for players instead of being restricted to just France and signed a deal with AS Monaco to be able to get my pick of loans 

players although very happy think it will be a miracle if we avoid relegation in the upcoming season 

in other news 

leicester sack Chris houghton after starting the season with 9 defeats in the league, the board hired Thomas Christiansen to replace him, they recovered to finish 12th and also made it to the Carabao cup final but lost to Man City on penalties after drawing 2-2 

Jamie Vardy is still playing for Montreal Impact 44 apps 24 goals 4 assists 

Bradford made up for their poor run in on the previous season which made them miss out on the playoffs by finishing the season in 2nd place on goal difference behind Burton accumulating 92 points in the process so league 1 football awaits them again next season 

• Like 1

I know it's not that big an achievement, and everyone hates them. But pretty delighted to win the Bundesliga and Champions League with Leipzig first season! The quality of the squad is unreal but still pleased to get such a young group successful so quickly. 

Won the German and Euro super cup at the start of season two. Hoping it wasn't all a complete fluke and looking to carry on strong. Managed to keep hold of everyone too but imagine that will change at the end of this second season when they all approach the 24/25 mark (prime).

• Like 1

It is pathetic They can see that it won’t work and now they are trying to change it by saying they have the hump with the fact that sega and SI are not paying for their trademarked badge but advertise and encourage 3rd parties to create mods to get around the license payments 

Absolutely pathetic. At a time when thousands of people are dying, thousands more losing their jobs and facing all kinds of upheaval, the cvntiest club of them all decides the most important thing is to sue a computer game because it uses their name! 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

lol desperate times for them lot. Hope FM rename them something really embarrassing and stupid, like 'Zebre' but a lot worse.

FC Not In Manchester should do the trick lol 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I was just about to post that. My head fell reading that load of bollocks.

Why now? **** off Man U

Wouldn't surprise me if United are trying to do some sort of exclusive deal with EA or Konami.

Occasionally licences do change, Brazilian and Portuguese teams have changed to be just abbreviations recently. 

Juve and Barca recently made deals with Konami that got Juve renamed in FIFA and the Nou Camp removed. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't surprise me if United are trying to do some sort of exclusive deal with EA or Konami.

Occasionally licences do change, Brazilian and Portuguese teams have changed to be just abbreviations recently. 

Juve and Barca recently made deals with Konami that got Juve renamed in FIFA and the Nou Camp removed. 

Yeah good point. Juventus are called Zebre on FM2020 too

Edited by RonnieTodger

After completely losing my previous save i was enjoying, i finally bit the bullet and started a fresh one. went through the mod workshop looking for new leagues to do since i didnt fancy english lower leagues again, ended up in the spanish 4th tier, confusingly called the 3a at club Naxara. at least the weather will be nice.

20200523141957_1.thumb.jpg.301cc7c05dee253f7ed6d9e9e12291ac.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fair play if you get them to La Liga @Beliall found it a huge ballache getting out of the Spanish third tier with a side relatively well backed for that level and have heard the fourth tier is not a lot better lol 

It'll either be that or the sack.