Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Would Brendan Rodgers Leave

Obviously he’d leave if the right job came up. Man Utd though? I’m not sure. That’s a 2-3 year rebuild right there. They are massive and generate phenomenal income, but right now it’s probably a step back for an eventual step forward. Would the fans and the board be patient enough?  Could end up tarnishing his reputation rather than gilding it. 

• Like 1

Man U want dome dude called Nagglesman or something. 

They can’t decide on keeping or sacking OGS. 

Only seen a couple of shouts for Brendan. It's not even a blatant anti-Liverpool thing going on. Those in favour of the sack generally want that Nagglesman

I’m not so sure we can give Rodgers the reputation of a disloyal manager off the back of switching jobs mid season once. Yes he upset the Celtic fans with the timing of his move in particular but I do believe he would’ve stayed until the end of the season there but he saw what a good opportunity it was at LCFC and he realised having the last few months of last season would be crucial in assessing the squad and Leicester likely won’t have waited on him at the time. Hence he must have thought “it’s now or never” for this job and took the decision to leave.

The only other time he walked out on a club was Swansea but that was after getting them promoted to the Premier League and finishing 11th in their first full season up there. He took a Liverpool job which must have been too tempting to turn down and he would have thought he’d taken Swansea as far as he could. 

With the upward trajectory this club is taking (young players full of potential, new training ground etc.) it would take some achievement(s) over the next 1-2 years for him to believe he’s taken us as far as he can and that the grass is greener elsewhere.

That said I’d still be surprised if he does more than 2 full seasons here 

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I should check in on the Celtic fans, see how angry they are about us looking good for the UCL this year 🤣

They are also looking to take Benkovic back in January leaving us with just Wes for cover.  Sensible move on our part.....

• Haha 1

I get we are in third after 7 games, which is brilliant, but it's not as if Brendan Rodgers had lead us to 3 titles. 

Putting aside his Celtic accomplishments, which would be like managing a Championship team in the Sunday league, he hasn't really achieved much of note. 

I think if we finish in a champions league position come the end of the season, we could see him be poached. 

For now I just see it as paper talk, just like when one of our players has 3 good games and is then linked with the top 4.

I see the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham, if the player rumours are true, as being toxic jobs. 

Edited by adejo92

9 hours ago, RutlanderFox said:

I’m not so sure we can give Rodgers the reputation of a disloyal manager off the back of switching jobs mid season once. Yes he upset the Celtic fans with the timing of his move in particular but I do believe he would’ve stayed until the end of the season there but he saw what a good opportunity it was at LCFC and he realised having the last few months of last season would be crucial in assessing the squad and Leicester likely won’t have waited on him at the time. Hence he must have thought “it’s now or never” for this job and took the decision to leave.

The only other time he walked out on a club was Swansea but that was after getting them promoted to the Premier League and finishing 11th in their first full season up there. He took a Liverpool job which must have been too tempting to turn down and he would have thought he’d taken Swansea as far as he could. 

With the upward trajectory this club is taking (young players full of potential, new training ground etc.) it would take some achievement(s) over the next 1-2 years for him to believe he’s taken us as far as he can and that the grass is greener elsewhere.

That said I’d still be surprised if he does more than 2 full seasons here 

Walked out on Watford to go to Reading, talks about his regret at doing it in his book.  Bar the two jobs he was sacked he's jumped ship every time a better offer has come along.  There is nothing wrong with that, it's very much the way of it with managers and players these days but thems are the facts.

If you guys make top 4/6 and get two full seasons out of him then that's probably good going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Walked out on Watford to go to Reading, talks about his regret at doing it in his book.  Bar the two jobs he was sacked he's jumped ship every time a better offer has come along.  There is nothing wrong with that, it's very much the way of it with managers and players these days but thems are the facts.

If you guys make top 4/6 and get two full seasons out of him then that's probably good going.

you know that for certain ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If Man Utd came knocking for Brendan, he’d be off like a flash. 

I was referring to Brendans Liverpool connection as to why Man U won't be an option for him

Edited by gurru991

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Obviously not privy to every single offer he's had but the evidence we do know about speaks for itself.

Nor is there anything shameful about leaving for a better offer/club, it's how football works nowadays.

Edited by henrik_62

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He's right. It was written into his contract the conditions for leaving Watford. Same as Celtic and probably any other job he had.

Definitely better that clubs are paying to get him than paying to get rid.:)

24 minutes ago, Blue Collar said:

Not a rosy picture painted of him by The Independent. The owners of LFC accused him of lying and pulling the blanket when talking to the press. Sorry if it had already been mentioned.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-manager-leicester-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html

Thanks. As they say if you can write something then it must be true. :whistle:       Tony Evans:appl:

Thought Rodgers said it well in that interview with Carragher that FSG and him were both in unfamiliar territory back then.

FSG should have no complaints considering where they are now as a result of Rodgers, Klopp and the clubs hard work.

56 minutes ago, Blue Collar said:

Not a rosy picture painted of him by The Independent. The owners of LFC accused him of lying and pulling the blanket when talking to the press. Sorry if it had already been mentioned.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-manager-leicester-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html

Not saying this is the truth, it's just one interpretation but there's striking parallels with how his relationship soured with the Celtic board in that last 12 months.