Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Would Brendan Rodgers Leave

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Doubt he'd leave us this season but ultimately I think he sees himself at a bigger club than Leicester. I'm not too worried either way

Agree but just for once it would be nice to think that, with our owners and the set up we are constructing both on and off the pitch that managers and players alike might hang around and we can become one of the "big" clubs. If we start challenging for Europe on a regular basis and maybe pick up the odd cup or two on the way, then why not?  It was not that long ago that spurs, man city and Chelsea were run of the mill sides until they got wads of cash pumped in. I would say that Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are the only ones that have consistently been at the top over the last couple of decades or so. Even Liverpool had a few seasons in the doldrums not that long ago.

We are slowly but surely building something special here, and as soon as people see that the sooner it will come to fruition. We have learnt from the aftermath of the title season and the mantra that is coming from the club is all about sustainability, and that means hanging onto the crown jewels as well as adding and improving.

1 hour ago, Houdini Logic said:

I'm fairly realistic and I completely get why players and managers move on, but I must say, in terms of being the manager - particularly if you believe in your own ability - I find it hard to see a better prospect in the world right now than Leicester City.

People seem to forget that Man City were a bang average mid table team 10 years ago...

They're also funded by an oil state...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think he'll do less than a couple of full seasons personally as long as we're trending in the right direction. 

Time isn't too short in his career and I think he values the project. 

But I imagine he does see us as a stepping stone, yeah. 

Yeah, I think he's here for the project. 

Wages wise for managers there's no so much discrepancy as there is for players (must be one of only a few jobs, all of which are probably in sports, where the boss gets paid considerably less than the workers).

Kudos wise, there's much more fame to be had from being hugely successful with us, than say Man Utd, plus atm, we've got the better foundation.

Think he might want to see it out, so long as it's progressing.

• Like 1

He came to us because he could see the potential of the team and the club, every player and manager is ambitious and all want to improve themselves and do better and have as good a career as they can. we all want to progress in life. if he got an opportunity which he weighed up was the right one him he like most people would leave. only supporters kiss the badge and truly mean it.

I don't see why he would leave here this season or even next season. He is here to continue a project and hopefully bring it to fruition. Finishing in a European place this season is the aim and if he does that, he'll want to carry on another season, new training ground, funding, a well run club, it all attracts.

Why would he go to somewhere like united where he is immediately under pressure to get results from an average team? He is building his reputation again after leaving Liverpool and Leicester is a place he will want a  year or two at least to establish himself in the PL again. He is going nowhere for now.

On past form he absolutely would leave us, although I imagine he'd stick around for at least this season and probably the start of the next depending on EL/CL qualification.

However, we're in such a good position as a club that if we can fully realise our potential (i.e. finish top 4, and repeat that feat next year with a decent CL campaign thrown in) then he may be convinced to continue the project beyond the usual expectation. If we manage that then there aren't really many clubs that would be interested in him that he could consider a step up. 

The big foreign clubs - alongside Liverpool and Man City - are unlikely to be in for him which leaves Spurs, United, Arsenal and Chelsea. Spurs are in a similar position to us but a few years along the path, though its unclear right now whether their issues are going to hit them hard come the end of the season. United are in disarray and that job seems like a poisoned chalice. Arsenal could potentially tempt him but they've been indifferent for a while and I genuinely think we're the more exciting project. The only club I think he'd definitely leave us for is Chelsea who have been forced into a change in approach and have plenty of scope for progression and development. That obviously relies on Lampard getting the sack though, which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think he'll stay here for at least a couple more seasons.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

United, Arsenal or Liverpool yes the are massive clubs with massive histories!

Man City would never come in and would joe go big European coach.

Spurs are an overachieving club, with expectations above where they actually sit, you cannot win there, what they are getting the last couple of season, is the best they’ll ever get, they just can’t appreciate it, they will in 5 years when they get back to mid table.

Right here and now we are the brightest option outside the top 4, and no matter what the media say it’s a top 4 not 6!

:schlupp:

I suppose they have just smashed a 137 year old club record, but still.... 

I'm surprised at the over-valuation of BR by many on here. 

We are a top half - possibly top 6 - prem league club. Our players are young and our football is trending upwards. BR should feel fortunate to be in charge at Leicester.

I don't feel he'll leave us until he is either fired or until his contract expires and he'll only leave us then if we are not a European playing side. Unlike many of you I don't think he's in any discussions for a top European job and as for Spurs or Manure. why? Spurs will keep Poch and if Poch goes so will the best of their players leaving them as a mid table Prem team. Manchester are a mess but will use money to try and buy their way out. They won't go for BR if they get rid of Olé. It'll be a big name foreign manager like Za Zu.

In short I think any club that would be seen as a step up from the present Leicester team are unlikely to be interested in BR at the moment and any club that are interested in him won't be seen as such a good position as Leicester to BR. If we make Europe I don't think we'll sack him and I don't think he'll want to go.

Have a little faith in the team guys even if you have no faith in BR.

i think he left celtic because he took them as far as they could go. i think he'll leave us once he's done the same, unless a quite ridiculous offer (liverpool, barca or something) comes in beforehand. 

unless you think he left celtic because we were a better option and you think he will fu ck off, no matter what, every time he's given a slightly better offer. which he might, who knows. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

He hasn't achieved anything yet. Just won a few games. I don't believe he is top of a Spurs or Man U shopping list. He needs to qualify us in the top 4 or win something first in my opinion. 

In a sense you're right, but in some ways he's achieved a huge amount already, psychologically. 

Yes, i also think its a stepping stone for him with his track record but ultimately, he loves to coach young and hungry potentials and right now, LCFC is the best club in the world for that. I can see him full-filling his contract unless something bad happens.

Of course he will move on at some point but we all know how the ownership can play hardball and will only let someone go on their terms - see Mahrez and Maguire. I would expect them to take the same stance with the manager, certainly throughout the season. I’d like to think they would have an idea of candidates who could succeed Brendan if/when he does move on. 

No way would he go to Spurs:

1. Below us in the league

2. Rotten behind the scenes (especially with the affairs)

3. Less player budget than us

4. By this time next year, worse training facilities

5. Fans are knobs.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don't see him going to Spurs at all, just couldn't see the logic in it for all the reasons discussed on here of late.

If Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea come in for him he's off though imo, whenever that happens.  He's been the same throughout his career at every club as soon as he gets a better offer and I don't see that changing, it's very much the way of it with playeers and managers nowadays.  He's been quite open about it talking about Maddison and Man Utd recently so his thoughts are pretty clear on it.

Despite Man Utd being in a bad place they are one of the biggest clubs in the world and going there while they are at their lowest ebb would suggest it would be fairly easy for him to improve them.  Most of these big clubs are going down the head coach and technical director route as opposed to a traditional manager which makes Rodgers a very attractive prospect as, as far as coaching goes he's one of the best in the business.

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I don't see him going to Spurs at all, just couldn't see the logic in it for all the reasons discussed on here of late.

If Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea come in for him he's off though imo, whenever that happens.  He's been the same throughout his career at every club as soon as he gets a better offer and I don't see that changing, it's very much the way of it with playeers and managers nowadays.  He's been quite open about it talking about Maddison and Man Utd recently so his thoughts are pretty clear on it.

Despite Man Utd being in a bad place they are one of the biggest clubs in the world and going there while they are at their lowest ebb would suggest it would be fairly easy for him to improve them.  Most of these big clubs are going down the head coach and technical director route as opposed to a traditional manager which makes Rodgers a very attractive prospect as, as far as coaching goes he's one of the best in the business.

Man U and Chelsea would be hard to turn down for sure.

Arsenal are not that really attractive right now though (its another Wenger manager in it for the long term that they need) and given that Liverpool was a bit underwhelming for a finish it's unlikely they would take him back. Could be a right meltdown from Liverpool fans if they did. :D

3 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Man U and Chelsea would be hard to turn down for sure.

Arsenal are not that really attractive right now though (its another Wenger manager in it for the long term that they need) and given that Liverpool was a bit underwhelming for a finish it's unlikely they would take him back. Could be a right meltdown from Liverpool fans if they did. :D

I couldn't see him going back to Liverpool, don't think his stock is high enough with the fans like you say and think there would be a bit of an uproar if he went back there.

The Arsenal one is a funny one and I would always have thought similar but I knew someone who worked for him when he was at Celtic who would say he went out his way more than once to say how he'd love to manage Arsenal.  

• Thanks 2

Even if we expand the stadium to 45k,

Even when we move into a new training centre that rivals some of the best in Europe. 

Even when we have one of the most exciting, young teams, not just in the Premier League but world wide

Will we EVER become a big club?  Surely there will come a day when we become a big fish....SURELY!

I personally think its too early for any manager with a brain to go to United, personally. This isn't just Rodgers now, it's anyone. 

They're in far too much of a mess. I know that on paper, playing computer games like FIFA and FM, building your squad is half the fun. 

But this is real life, I'd want United to have sorted out the Pogba mess, have Sanchez permanently off the books, moved on the over paid rubbish like Martial, hired a tidy DOF / HOR and started to make a few signings that show footballing intelligence before going anywhere near them. 

They hire head coaches, the days of the manager having transfer control there are gone. That suits Rodgers on paper but going there now would be suicide for any sensible coach. I'm pretty confident they've only got Ole because nobody good wants it. 

Yes, they're massive. Yes, you'd want the job under better circumstances but right now it's just taking a huge dump on your career and reputation. 

Spurs or Chelsea, however, he'd do great at. 

• Like 1