Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Would Brendan Rodgers Leave

If the likes of United or Arsenal come calling I think he’ll leave whether that’s in the next few months or in 2 years, but I’m not sure any of those type of clubs will be that interested just yet, to get those jobs he’ll surely have to achieve something here over a season first, if come the end of the season we’re top 4/6 and/or won a cup and then he leaves at least we’ll be in a better position than when he joined.

11 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

He’ll be here for at least three seasons I’m sure unless sacked. 

This season (hopefully top 6)

next season (Europe and top 7 finish)

Third season (Europe and push for top 4)

While hopefully winning the league or fa cup in this time. If in the third season we secure a top 4 finish and he gets a crack at the champions league I’d imagine he’ll stay for another.

It all depends if we go all out and spend and try to be the next Man City competing for the top 4 or are happy to just be a top 10 club with top half finishes for years to come.

I think Man City is out of the equation. Buying and developing players as well as selling within reason is going to be more our speed.

Competing in Europe is going to take a larger more talented in depth squad. That's going to take time(yrs.) and a bit of luck.

I'm really not interested in watching us do a Wolves or Burnley in the Europa/Champions league. Its very hard to make the jump to the top six/four in the PL given the intensity and volume of matches. Not to mention trying to create consistency on top of that.

I'd like to see us go all out in the league and do what we can in Europe given our limitations. Be able to sustain what we create. And then there's the Cups..............

He will leave at some point but I doubt he would go before the end of next season. This season he's building something good next season will hopefully see the rewards, Europe etc. If we struggle next season with the demands of Europe and the premier league and we lose a few key players without replacements and he sees us going backwards he will jump at an offer from a big club, I could see him going abroad though, he is an ambitious man and I bet he would love to succeed in la Liga or Serie A.

Leicester represents an unique opportunity for someone out there. That's because despite an old club we've for the most part been between a midtable and Division 2 club. It's only really since King Power came in that we've seen a massive upturn in fortunes.

Busby / Ferguson

Shankly / Paisley

Wenger

Mourinho

Nic

Clough

Revie

These are truly legendary managers that are synonymous with their clubs. Of the current batch, if Klopp wins Liverpool the league, perhaps he will join this list. Guardiola too I expect. But after that it will be hard for any manager to go to any big club and truly make a name for themselves.

With King Power behind us I feel like Leicester have the potential to win trophies. The very biggest trophies out there? Maybe not those, but FA Cups, League Cups, maybe even Europa Leagues I think on current trajectory are possible. There is an opportunity for someone out there to become a legend... the sort of person that gets a stand named after them, etc.

Is that person going to be Rodgers? It would seem very unlikely! But I wouldn't rule it out 100%. If the club continues to improve and continues to be backed the sky really is the limit. Over the last 10-20 years Chelsea and Man City are the clubs that have ascended the most in terms of standing. But after those clubs the next on the list is surely Leicester! From League One to Premier League champions to a consistent top 6 or even top 4 team? 

Leicester is and will continue to be a big draw for managers. Perhaps not top tier, but probably the next tier down. If Rodgers left, I'd expect another up and coming manager with some proven pedigree to be the next in line.

First off I don't think Lampard will be going anywhere soon. I think he will get this season and probably a big piece of the next one as well. Arsenal or Spurs are possibles for Brendan but he would have to think that he was going to be supported by ownership & both clubs are not known for that.

As long as he is getting support from ownership and getting success on the pitch I believe he will stay for a while 

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

He will leave at some point but I doubt he would go before the end of next season. This season he's building something good next season will hopefully see the rewards, Europe etc. If we struggle next season with the demands of Europe and the premier league and we lose a few key players without replacements and he sees us going backwards he will jump at an offer from a big club, I could see him going abroad though, he is an ambitious man and I bet he would love to succeed in la Liga or Serie A.

He's already fluent in Spanish and Italian apparently as he's got designs on managing abroad at some point.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leicester represents an unique opportunity for someone out there. That's because despite an old club we've for the most part been between a midtable and Division 2 club. It's only really since King Power came in that we've seen a massive upturn in fortunes.

Busby / Ferguson

Shankly / Paisley

Wenger

Mourinho

Nic

Clough

Revie

These are truly legendary managers that are synonymous with their clubs. Of the current batch, if Klopp wins Liverpool the league, perhaps he will join this list. Guardiola too I expect. But after that it will be hard for any manager to go to any big club and truly make a name for themselves.

You left out Pearson!

nopBFeA.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Busby / Ferguson

Shankly / Paisley

Wenger

Mourinho

Nic

Clough

Revie

With King Power behind us I feel like Leicester have the potential to win trophies. The very biggest trophies out there? Maybe not those, but FA Cups, League Cups, maybe even Europa Leagues I think on current trajectory are possible. There is an opportunity for someone out there to become a legend... the sort of person that gets a stand named after them, etc.

Is that person going to be Rodgers? It would seem very unlikely! But I wouldn't rule it out 100%. If the club continues to improve and continues to be backed the sky really is the limit. Over the last 10-20 years Chelsea and Man City are the clubs that have ascended the most in terms of standing. But after those clubs the next on the list is surely Leicester! From League One to Premier League champions to a consistent top 6 or even top 4 team? 

Leicester is and will continue to be a big draw for managers. Perhaps not top tier, but probably the next tier down. If Rodgers left, I'd expect another up and coming manager with some proven pedigree to be the next in line.

Agree with 99% of what you say only thing I would say is that the City and Chelsea comparison is a bit of a misnomer as the difference and the thing that elevated these clubs into the top sides in the league was that for a spell they outspent everyone else in the league to establish that base of consistent top 4 finishes and the champions league qualifications and the ensuing financial benefits that come with it.

Leicester aren't going to be able to break into that top clutch of sides by doing the same thing, it would have to be more clever manipulation of the transfer market and a slower, less aggressive trajectory.

Edited by henrik_62

I dont think he'll leave within the next 2 years but anything can and does happen.

In fact it wouldnt surprise me if there is a clause in his contract saying he cant leave within a certain amount of time.

Would be foolhardy to invest in a manager and his philosophy only for it all to fall apart when he leaves for another club.

3 hours ago, easilee said:

Not sure I'd be overly worried if he went to ManU. 

I'd be more worried if the players didn't carry on what he implemented and just imploded.

That would show extremely weak character.

Or he takes them, with him!!

:@

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

"When?"

/thread

I mean, that's not what OP is asking. He'll leave when it's good for his career, as he's shown before. The right oppurtunity comes, it could be in winter or in 3 season's time, he's gone. No hard feelings, I imagine we'll have tidy severance pay as well.

He leaves when he wants, he leaves when he wants!

Brendan Rodgers! He leaves when he wants

Edited by Nicolo Barella

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

First off I don't think Lampard will be going anywhere soon. I think he will get this season and probably a big piece of the next one as well. Arsenal or Spurs are possibles for Brendan but he would have to think that he was going to be supported by ownership & both clubs are not known for that.

As long as he is getting support from ownership and getting success on the pitch I believe he will stay for a while 

Agree...There are only struggling/rebuild top club jobs,that might be on offer.

Chelsea...With Lampard IMO,will be getting the right & consistent results..

Before the turn of the year..

Arsenal will also find their feet..

Spurs/Manutd have problems,that only the people above the playing staff and team management can handle,but seem

Themselves incompetent to do so..!!

So no real openings in my view,for a solid "old traditional top club" where Rodgers could get his teeth into..

He can write history with Leicester,but he will need 2-3 to full seasons.By then ,he might of taken "His Leicester city" to new heights and challenges,that opens the doors wider for European highlights .

Look at Klopp,Simeon,Gardiola,well into their thoughts of 4-8 yrs dynasties or creation thereof..

If managers like them can hang around,somewhat longer,living off their present teams ambitions,further glory potential,why not Rodgers,with "His"

Best jobs are either occupied,or somewhat of a present state- 4+yr poisened chalice,which is not changeable,from the team-management chair..

Unless a dream European job becomes available..!!

He is already with a club that "could" make His & PL history,it's just a coincidence that,thanks to the owners foresight and no intern over-hyping,it happens to be us..

There are no candidates,that have anything to offer him..Outside..

L'pool or Chelsea,unless there are real implosions,the next 3 seasons are occupied,No enhancement & would be a catastrophical move,with him sinking alongside those other previous named teams..

Edited by fuchsntf

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think he'll do less than a couple of full seasons personally as long as we're trending in the right direction. 

Time isn't too short in his career and I think he values the project. 

But I imagine he does see us as a stepping stone, yeah. 

Absolutely, this is probably what the “why would you leave greatness for mediocrity” brigade up norf of border didn’t get. There’s only so much you can prove winning league and cups every year with Celtic. We have everything setup for a good manager to come in and do better as Leicester manager than most would expect. This is why he left, he wants to be at the top of the game again. I think he will stick it for awhile to fully demonstrate show he can sustain the performance we’ve shown so far and will move on when the time is right, and that won’t be to Man U or Arsenal in the state they’re  currently in, not mid season anyway. Frank will get at least a full season at Chelsea so no worries there.

He’ll go eventually, so could Maddison, so could any of them,  just enjoy it while they are here is my attitude and who knows, maybe if we are lucky they’ll be here longer than we think like Vardy.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Nope..Never. We aren't a big city so our growth is almost topping out.

The best we can become (and I'll settle for it) is Valencia, Schalke, Sampdoria type reputation.....

Not sure about that.  Liverpool has around 875k of people and there are two clubs to support.  There are around 550k in Leicester who have a one club City?

All managers get sacked, leave or retire. The really great ones get to do one of the last two on their terms and with their reputations unsullied, Ferguson, Shankly, Nicholson etc.

Rodgers did a very good job with Liverpool, following the brilliant job he did with Swansea, but was sacked despite that which was a tad unlucky but to be expected.

He left Celtic on his terms after making what was a very shrewd move indeed to rehabilitate himself in a job which, for all its pressures of expectation, is a lot easier than the PL. And he was quick enough to see we offered him a way back into the latter with a very promising squad and exciting set up but without overburdening expectations. 

He will go when he thinks it is right for him, it is unlikely he will be sacked here. But I think he realises that he can enhance his reputation here more by achieving something of note before jumping ship. So expect this and probably at least one more season (when we do the treble😎😉

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Let’s be realistic here, the only options in the Premier League that could be considered a “step up” are:

Man City - Pep is going nowhere yet, and even then, Brendan wouldn’t be on their shortlist, they would need a fan appeasing appointment after Pep.

Liverpool - Klopp isn’t likely to go yet, and it’s unlikely they would re-appoint Brendan. They feel they have moved on.

Spurs - Possibly one of the more likely jobs to become available, however would he be happy to work with Levy in rebuilding a squad that will need re-invigorating from upcoming big player losses?? It’s looking like a large exodus is just around the corner. I personally find it doubtful that Brendan would end up there.

Arsenal - This could be an interesting one.

They have money, and if they continue to loosen the purse strings a little bit, Brendan could actually do wonders there. They like young players, have a big fan base, and the project could actually interest him. Arsenal would actually be my biggest worry if they get rid of Emery.

Chelsea - Obviously a massive draw for Brendan if the opportunity arose, but Lampard is starting to get them firing, and I think he’ll actually be there for quite a while now. If the job comes up, I’ll worry, but I don’t think it will.

Man Utd - Put very simply, the club is toxic right now, and more likely to implode than improve. Add to that Brendans Liverpool history, it won’t ever happen.

So, unless something drastically goes wrong for Lampard, I actually think Arsenal would be the best fit, but I’d put money on Brendan being with us for a little while yet! 🤞🙏