Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Would Brendan Rodgers Leave

I don't think he'll be involved in the current round of managerial changes that look like happening (Man United and Spurs) but I absolutely do think he'll go when Lampard fails at Chelsea or Emery is eventually given the boot at Arsenal.

Man City wouldn't want him and Liverpool will keep Klopp for the next decade at least.

It's just nice having a situation where everyone is happy with the manager and that he's currently not under any pressure. It certainly feels like if he goes it will be because a club of a certain stature has come in for him as oppose to us having sacked him. Put it this way, if another club comes in for him it probably means that he's either gotten us into the top six, won us a trophy or both. Which would be a win win as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Even if we expand the stadium to 45k,

Even when we move into a new training centre that rivals some of the best in Europe. 

Even when we have one of the most exciting, young teams, not just in the Premier League but world wide

Will we EVER become a big club?  Surely there will come a day when we become a big fish....SURELY!

Nope..Never. We aren't a big city so our growth is almost topping out.

The best we can become (and I'll settle for it) is Valencia, Schalke, Sampdoria type reputation.....

• Like 1

I've seen Chelsea mentioned a lot on here. I can't see that happening for a while. Whilst they're serving a transfer ban Lampard's remit is to bring younger players through and to develop an identity.The way I see it is that Lampard will be there next season as long as they finish in the top 6/7, which they will. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the top four the way things are going. 

Edited by BenTheFox

We were a step up in his career from Celtic.

Someone else will be a step up from us.

If he does well with us, he'll get poached.

If he fails with us, he'll get sacked.

If players do well, they get poached.

If players don't do well, they don't get poached.

It's the football food chain and has ever been thus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We were a step up in his career from Celtic.

Someone else will be a step up from us.

If he does well with us, he'll get poached.

If he fails with us, he'll get sacked.

If players do well, they get poached.

If players don't do well, they don't get poached.

It's the football food chain and has ever been thus.

And if he does get poached we'll hopefully be at a stage where we would be considered an attractive proposition for many other talented managers. 

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Shit poem, it doesn't even rhyme 

lol 

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

And if he does get poached we'll hopefully be at a stage where we would be considered an attractive proposition for many other talented managers. 

Good point :appl: We might even get someone better.

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I've seen Chelsea mentioned a lot on here. I can't see that happening for a while. Whilst they're serving a transfer ban Lampard's remit is to bring younger players through and to develop an identity.The way I see it is that Lampard will be there next season as long as they finish in the top 6/7, which they will. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the top four the way things are going. 

Danger is if Lampard fails to do that properly they turn to Rodgers who is one of the best at doing exactly that.  

All this talk of jumping ship - is that really the case?

3 years at Celtic

3 years at Liverpool (4 seasons)

2 years at Swansea

5 jobs in his managerial career - 2 of which he was sacked from (1 by mutual consent)

And so that leaves moving on from his first ever job in management where he spent 6 month, leaving Swansea for Liverpool - a chance that after only 4 years in management may not come around again and moving from Celtic - where he had won everything he could 3 times over in a league where the was absolutely nowhere to go.

Hardly the mercenary people are making him out to be

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Danger is if Lampard fails to do that properly they turn to Rodgers who is one of the best at doing exactly that.  

To be fair, I think he's already having some joy in that respect. Mount, Tomori and Abraham have all made an impression and although they're far from the finished article I can see they are at least trying to play a certain way. At the moment he's not under any pressure to win anything so I think he'll be at Chelsea for at least another year. 

1 hour ago, Houdini Logic said:

All this talk of jumping ship - is that really the case?

3 years at Celtic

3 years at Liverpool (4 seasons)

2 years at Swansea

5 jobs in his managerial career - 2 of which he was sacked from (1 by mutual consent)

And so that leaves moving on from his first ever job in management where he spent 6 month, leaving Swansea for Liverpool - a chance that after only 4 years in management may not come around again and moving from Celtic - where he had won everything he could 3 times over in a league where the was absolutely nowhere to go.

Hardly the mercenary people are making him out to be

I think a lot of the time that opinion is being based on how he left Celtic rather than his longevity thereHe'd openly said it was his boyhood club and a dream to manage there, then when he's on track for a treble-treble/10-in-a-row he decides to jump ship mid-season as soon as another club comes calling. Obviously that's not quite the whole picture, but it was easily the overriding view of the Celtic fans and even some of the more reasonable ones were saying he's a bit fickle and not likely to show long-term loyalty. That viewpoint kinda stuck and now he's - rightly or wrongly - got a reputation as a mercenary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

His history suggests that he jumps at the first opportunity and you'd be mad to think otherwise. I'm fine with that fwiw.

id actually disagree with that. He's had many offers over the the last two summers to move to the  prem ( including from us in the summer ) and turned them all down as it wasn’t the right time. relationship soured with the Celtic board and we came knocking with a ‘ now or never’ kind of offer. 

As an aside yes i do think he’ll go to an established top 4 side eventually but i’d put money on Top not entertaining any offers for a couple of years at least and i don’t think he’d want to go after half a season. He’s no Megson.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Don't think Rodgers would take the chance of moving to a club in the process of being sold.

He has a project here and he wants to see it through unless something financial or political changes things. Endless speculation.

If things go well for the club and him he should be here 2 or 3? years. Promises don't mean much in modern Business/Football. As you know.

1 minute ago, TeamRocket said:

If he leave does he have to buy his contract out?

The club where he's going negotiates with us. Forgot how much we paid Celtic for him.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I'm surprised at the over-valuation of BR by many on here. 

We are a top half - possibly top 6 - prem league club. Our players are young and our football is trending upwards. BR should feel fortunate to be in charge at Leicester.

I don't feel he'll leave us until he is either fired or until his contract expires and he'll only leave us then if we are not a European playing side. Unlike many of you I don't think he's in any discussions for a top European job and as for Spurs or Manure. why? Spurs will keep Poch and if Poch goes so will the best of their players leaving them as a mid table Prem team. Manchester are a mess but will use money to try and buy their way out. They won't go for BR if they get rid of Olé. It'll be a big name foreign manager like Za Zu.

In short I think any club that would be seen as a step up from the present Leicester team are unlikely to be interested in BR at the moment and any club that are interested in him won't be seen as such a good position as Leicester to BR. If we make Europe I don't think we'll sack him and I don't think he'll want to go.

Have a little faith in the team guys even if you have no faith in BR.

... it does not matter who the players are, unless you have someone organising and developing the team. 

Do you think putting David Moyes or Pardew in situ, we could be seen as a team looking for top 6 or top 4.

The measure of Brendans' tactical imput, and man management, has pushed this squad forward and it really comes down to the players beleif in him and buying into his ideology!! 

16 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Don't think Rodgers would take the chance of moving to a club in the process of being sold.

He has a project here and he wants to see it through unless something financial or political changes things. Endless speculation.

If things go well for the club and him he should be here 2 or 3? years. Promises don't mean much in modern Business/Football. As you know.

He'd be back at Chelsea in a shot given the history he has there, his main residence is in London, etc, etc.

Edited by henrik_62

He’ll be here for at least three seasons I’m sure unless sacked. 

This season (hopefully top 6)

next season (Europe and top 7 finish)

Third season (Europe and push for top 4)

While hopefully winning the league or fa cup in this time. If in the third season we secure a top 4 finish and he gets a crack at the champions league I’d imagine he’ll stay for another.

It all depends if we go all out and spend and try to be the next Man City competing for the top 4 or are happy to just be a top 10 club with top half finishes for years to come.

6 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

He’ll be here for at least three seasons I’m sure unless sacked. 

This season (hopefully top 6)

next season (Europe and top 7 finish)

Third season (Europe and push for top 4)

While hopefully winning the league or fa cup in this time. If in the third season we secure a top 4 finish and he gets a crack at the champions league I’d imagine he’ll stay for another.

It all depends if we go all out and spend and try to be the next Man City competing for the top 4 or are happy to just be a top 10 club with top half finishes for years to come.

If he's here for three years and does well then can't ask for a lot more than that, 3 years is a fairly lengthy spell for a manager at top clubs these days.

• Like 1