Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Would Brendan Rodgers Leave

Certainly not this season. But if we have a really good season..top 6 and some silverware...hes going to be hard to keep.

Maybe we need clappers which say "BRENDAN PLEASE STAY"  at the end of the season. 😁

Yes but I can’t see him going Spurs . They may be a bigger club in some people’s eyes but he will have to deal with Levy and his tight grip on the purse strings  . It’s obvious all is not well behind the scenes and money forthcoming 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2

Brendan's first words were "I'll give my life to make the supporters proud"

He said the same thing for Celtic, and the reality is he'll probably be saying it for someone else within a season or two

But i'm fine with that, especially if it comes off the back of us getting into Europe or winning something.

11 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Yes but I can’t see him going Spurs . They may be a bigger club in some people’s eyes but he will have to deal with Levy and his tight grip on the purse strings  . It’s obvious all is not well behind the scenes and money forthcoming 

I agree. Poch has said in public that he feels undermined by Levy in the transfer market. Any manager going there will be under the same pressure. And some of Levy's transfer offers of recent times defy belief. With the huge stadium debt to pay off, it's going to be difficult for any manager going there.

Also, I read out here that Levy has put a 65 million price tag on anyone poaching Poch. It will also cost Levy 35 million to fire him.

As for Man Utd, they are in such a huge mess it'll take several seasons to get them back to anywhere near what they were. They certainly wont be challenging for the title anytime soon. 

Another point is the so called big clubs love a foreign coach, so I'm not sure they'd go for BR anyway.

Just on the basis we have a really decent squad and set up, I'd be disappointed if he went before his contract ends, unless he's sacked of course!

• Like 1

Yes ofc he will, but i think he will want to place his mark on LCFC, before moving on to fresher fields. 

He has shown that loyalty is not his strong point, however on the plus side he does like a project and that is currently working in our favour with the team we currently have and progress we have made so far this season. 

I highly doubt he will leave this season as tbh that would not look very good on his CV and to any prospective clubs wanting something for the long term. 

Fingers crossed he stays for 2019/20 and if we continue to do well and achieve and perhaps finish top 6/4 and/or a cup final, he might be swayed to stay on another year. 

Its all subjective though really, as another team has to come in for him 1st. 

United, Arsenal or Liverpool yes the are massive clubs with massive histories!

Man City would never come in and would joe go big European coach.

Spurs are an overachieving club, with expectations above where they actually sit, you cannot win there, what they are getting the last couple of season, is the best they’ll ever get, they just can’t appreciate it, they will in 5 years when they get back to mid table.

Right here and now we are the brightest option outside the top 4, and no matter what the media say it’s a top 4 not 6!

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

United, Arsenal or Liverpool yes the are massive clubs with massive histories!

Man City would never come in and would joe go big European coach.

Spurs are an overachieving club, with expectations above where they actually sit, you cannot win there, what they are getting the last couple of season, is the best they’ll ever get, they just can’t appreciate it, they will in 5 years when they get back to mid table.

Right here and now we are the brightest option outside the top 4, and no matter what the media say it’s a top 4 not 6!

Genuinely interested in which of ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea you think isn’t in the top group.

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

If the manure or spuds job become available soon, would he leave for one of them or does he think he can go higher with us?

The only remaining trace of him would be the outline in his shape in the wall of his office.

Jumping from Swansea to Liverpool was a huge gulf in class.

Jumping from Celtic to us was a huge gulf in class.

If we continue trending in our current direction, you've got to ask how much of a jump that will actually be to go Man United or Spurs, it may well be a backwards step at that time.

No doubt eventually a club with deeper pockets will come asking him to start a project there, but like Finners said I think he's here for a season or two at least and by the, who knows where we'll be and if its really worth leaving?

• Like 3