Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

10 Games In - Your Verdict

10 Games In - Your Verdict  

196 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate our season so far out of 10?

2. 2. Who Has Been Our Best Player So Far this Season?

• Kasper Schmeichel
    • Ben Chilwell
    • Çağlar Söyüncü
    • Wes Morgan
    • Jonny Evans
    • Demarai Gray
    • Youri Tielemans
    • Jamie Vardy
    • James Maddison
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Harvey Barnes
    • Ayoze Pérez
    • Hamza Choudhury
    • Ricardo Pereira
    • Wilfred Ndidi
    • Dennis Praet
    • Christian Fuchs

Ndidi definitely has to be in the conversation for best player. Watching the Southampton game again he was pinging cross field balls with aplomb as if he was the Nigerian Pirlo! Scored a few times already as well. 

I actually think if you compare this season to 15/16 we have more players playing at a better level. The key difference though is that this season there are two top teams performing at ridiculous levels whereas that was not the case in the title win. 

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

This should be the season where Vardy wins the player of the season. Madness how he's never won the award for us.

I feel in that respect he's the victim of his own godlike reputation from us. It's as if it's too easy to give it to him. He deserved it for the great escape and the title win imo

• Like 4

How would you rate our season so far out of 10?

A solid 8. Way beyond my expectations. Didn't mind the draw at home against Wolves but still can't get over the defeat at OT.

- Who has been our best player?

Vardy I'd say, although Ndidi, Evans, Pereira and Soy are worth a shout.

- Who has been our worst player?

Can't really say. I'd go for Gray but it would be harsh, really.

- Which player has improved the most?

Soyüncü by a country mile.

- Where do you think we will finish this season?

Top 6 unless we dramatically nosedive, top 4 not so unattainable as i first thought.

- How would you rate our manager so far out of 10?

8/10. As a said his only bad game was against MUTD.

- What's been the biggest surprise in the league so far?

Watford are unbelievably bad but Lampard's Chelsea are doing much better than I expected. They were my wild card at the beginning of the season and must be seriously monitored.

5 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

How would you rate our season so far out of 10?

A solid 8. Way beyond my expectations. Didn't mind the draw at home against Wolves but still can't get over the defeat at OT.

Vardy I'd say, although Ndidi, Evans, Pereira and Soy are worth a shout.

Can't really say. I'd go for Gray but it would be harsh, really.

Soyüncü by a country mile.

Top 6 unless we dramatically nosedive, top 4 not so unattainable as i first thought.

8/10. As a said his only bad game was against MUTD.

Watford are unbelievably bad but Lampard's Chelsea are doing much better than I expected. They were my wild card at the beginning of the season and must be seriously monitored.

Have you just made those questions up so you can answer them? lol

• Haha 1

- How would you rate our season so far out of 10?

9. We’ve got results by grinding down, by hanging in, and by battering as required. Wolves and Man U disappointing, but that’s for the Brendan question, and we got results in spite of poor selections.

Almost impossible to say. Ndidi is immense, so is Cags, obviously so are Vards and Maddison. But I’ve gone for Evans-he is the fulcrum of the defence, and if he’s inspiring Jamie to make it 9 when we’re 6-0 up, that’s the leader I want.

That Maguire lad looks shit this season.

Soyunucu, obviously. Shouts also to Wilf after a dodgy spell last year, and Barnes, who now looks a rock solid Premier League winger.

5th. Because we will wobble, and when we do we need to remember how 5th would have sounded at the start of the season.

7.5. Really really slow to learn that we didn’t need two defensive centre mids, which cost us wins at United and Wolves. But as long as he’s sorted that now, he’s set for a a good final score...

Everton being shit, United being shit. But the most surprising thing is how much I like Sheff Utd-hope they keep going...

9 out of 10 but it's probably 8.5 so rounded up. We've gotten the result time and time again and have absolutely mullered a couple of sides in a way I've never seen Leicester do it. We are legitmate Champions League contenders.

I've gone Ndidi. He's been fantastic - passing seems to improved and he's the glue that holds us together at the minute, none of the others would be able to do what they can as frequently as they do it without him there.

Got to be Chilwell sadly, although I think Friday was the best game he's had for us.

Ndidi again.

4th.

8.5/10 again. I think he's been slightly too negative in a couple of games but I think the penny's dropped now and we're well on our way again. I'd fancy us to go and win at Old Trafford now.

Southampton and Watford have both been dire and a lot worse than I thought they would be. Man Utd have genuinely been about what I expected they would be even if it is a bit ridiculous given who they are. I suppose Chelsea too really - they've been far better than I thought they would be and they've clicked a lot sooner than I expected. At the minute I'd have them 3rd and us 4th but we both look good, and importantly, both look a lot better than Arsenal and Tottenham.

EDIT: Actually god knows how I forgot Spurs as the surprise. They've got to be it. I thought they were top 4 certainties but they've been absolutely dire. Probably Soyuncu most improved player actually although there's a case to say he'd just never actually gotten a chance. 

OH and Sheffield United too as a surprise. They look like they'll avoid a relegation battle completely which is quite frankly amazing from them.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

-8- The loss to a bang average Man Utd stands out as our lowest moment.

Vardy. Not only for his goals, but his leadership, passion and drive. Just ahead of Ndidi and Ricardo.

Chilwell has been disappointing at times, as has Perez.

Soyuncu has impressed and actually improved our defense because of his extra pace.

Third or forth.

-8- Maddison out wide, the apologetic Man Utd set up, and some slow performances like Wolves. Good to see BR has learnt from these mistakes.

Obviously the 9-0 and 5-0 wins. I'm not used to us winning with big scorelines!

7.5 - maybe a bit harsh, but I don't think we reached top gear until Friday night. I think we've probably been fortunate with a few results; Sheff Utd away, Burnley last week. Man United away was a poor showing. On the other hand Bournemouth, Newcastle, Spurs we looked pretty good and Friday was amazing. 

Big Cags. He could very well be an upgrade on Maguire, which is ridiculous really considering we've banked £80m in the process!

Harsh considering Friday, but I was expecting more from Perez at £30m. Still early days though.

Ndidi has stepped up from last season, Kasper too. 

Tricky...If I had to stick money on it I'd say 5th. 4th would be fantastic. 

7.5 again. A good start, no complaints really. 

Watford winless after ten is a big surprise. Thought Southampton/Everton would both kick on, but they look worse than last season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I feel in that respect he's the victim of his own godlike reputation from us. It's as if it's too easy to give it to him. He deserved it for the great escape and the title win imo

It was 2 years ago when Maguire won it that Vardy was really robbed.

You can understand Cambiasso or Mahrez winning it in those 2 seasons you mentioned - but we were the biggest one-man-team in the division that season. The fact Vardy got 20 league goals with Puel's ultra-negative tactics was a miracle.

Totally agree though - it's as if people are so used to him being so good, it's almost like people get blase about his performances, so he never wins it, because people "notice" other players more who are either new signings or who have improved since the previous season.

Maguire won it over him, because he was new and comfortable on the ball for a centre-back in a way we probably hadn't seen for many years so there was a lot more buzz and novelty around Maguire - but he was nowhere near as good as Vardy was that season in terms of actual performances and importance to the team.

I think Soyunchu and Ndidi have both been superb so far - but Vardy has been our best player so far yet again. Of that I have no doubt.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

This is a tough one - Ndidi by a whisker

I don't think anyone has been bad, but Grey for least good

Soyuncu

I'm going with the Fivethirtyeight prediction of a comfortable 4th

How well Chelsea have done - predicted 3rd place

I rated the season on how well we’ve played rather than points and position. I think barring Friday we’ve been playing the season without perhaps 4 players performing anywhere near the levels I think they are capable (Chilwell, Barnes, Perez, Tielemans). So based on performances I went for a 6, but on position and points it’s like a 9!

I gave 8, this team can play better. Ndidi my top player, very important to our whole style of play. He shields that defence, wins in the air and constantly robs opposing players. He converts their possession to our possession.

This team is technically better than than the PL winning team. Every player is better than the classic line up, except Perez on the wing for Mahrez. Arguably Fuchs for Chilwell too. It is striking how apart from Kasper, Evans and Vardy they are all youngsters who will get better still.

Liverpool and Man City are much better than 2016 though, and Chelsea are getting better. All will be bogged down in European matches, and I think that will tell on Chelsea and Liverpool in particular with limited squads.

Top 4 seems quite realistic to me, but while we have cover most positions, we do need another striker. How to attract a quality striker willing to warm the bench for a season or so is quite a conundrum.