Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

Bless, labour basically turned its back on the working class and this is what happens. Well Boris you’d better follow through on your promises of more nurses and police as well as listening to the concerns of working people. And don’t worry labour supporters, you can always demand another election :whistle:

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It is a question though...given the way the votes appear to be playing out right now, how much of this comes down to Brexit, how much of it to personal dislike of Corbyn, and how much to dislike of policy?

I think Inno above has it right when they say it's a perfect storm.

Well I was going to say doesn't it matter why but I suppose it does a little, because the fact is, whether its Brexit, Corbyn, the policies or a mixture, this has a been a battering. Labour haven't laid a glove on the tories after nearly a decade of tory power where they've destroyed public services, saw crime rise, poverty rise, Scotland try to walk away, northern ireland cease to function and failed the deliver the Brexit they promised. Labour have actually got further away from power. Even with best governments, after a decade I'd expect the opposition to close the gap, but after the shit show of the last 9 years I'd really expected them to be closer, yet they couldn't be further away. So I don't think the reason is massively important, because I just think it shows Corbyn is unelectable whatever the reason and he needs to go.

• Like 3

For those old enough to remember, this really doesn't feel like a "things can only get better" moment. 

I'm reasonably certain that Scotland will be off, soon. 

And there are quite a few English Tories who would pay the bus fare, too. 

This is down to Labour's frankly baffling unwillingness to back the will of the people (Those that bothered to vote in the ridiculous, unfathomable referendum) and declare himself as willing to (urrgh) "Get Brexit Done"

Even more baffling is the clear fact he is a euro-sceptic, so to not declare himself as such alienates him from the (referendum) majority. (And makes him look a fewkin liar)

Labour need to shed Momentum or they will never be electable. In reality, don't care, not a Labour supporter, normally a Tory, but not this time as I voted remain

:nono::o:unsure::dunno::(:thumbup:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Can’t see Borris allowing a second once in a lifetime referendum any time soon.

The SNP is on the rise in Scotland, mainly due to their own mandate of wanting to stay part of the EU, with independence for Scotland part of the process. 

it will happen, just when......

16 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Bless, labour basically turned its back on the working class and this is what happens. Well Boris you’d better follow through on your promises of more nurses and police as well as listening to the concerns of working people. And don’t worry labour supporters, you can always demand another election :whistle:

If you think boris has any ounce of empathy for the “working people” you’ll (in my opinion) find out the hard way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

So.. Scotland to have a 2nd referendum?... 

Image result for popcorn gif

I think so....

break up of the union.

To all those ex forces and current serving armed forces personal that voted Tory...

You have stood and served by our Scot, welsh and n. Irish brothers, served with them, and possibly seen some die on the battlefields, all whilst wearing the Union Jack.

The British army will soon be consigned to history, when we loose our brothers north of the border.

14 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

If you think boris has any ounce of empathy for the “working people” you’ll (in my opinion) find out the hard way.

Well we shall see won’t we, certainly wouldn’t have got it off the Labour Party that’s for sure, 

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Well we shall see won’t we, certainly wouldn’t have got it off the Labour Party that’s for sure, 

No, I agree....and time will tell.

I dislike Corbyn too, but looked at the lesser of two evils.

for me, the most important aspect is keeping the UK together. 

I feel we had a better chance of achieving that with labour/lib dems.

2 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

👍 

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

Calling it here: When things inevitably go wrong, in 5 years time there will still be Tory politicians saying "Well it's because when Labour were in power they crashed the economy" etc.

It won’t matter, once we get rid of Scotland from the UK, Labour will never get near a majority ever again.

8 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Calling it here: When things inevitably go wrong, in 5 years time there will still be Tory politicians saying "Well it's because when Labour were in power they crashed the economy" etc.

and they would be right, but lets hope it does not get that far

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

I don't think this is that bad? 

She's the leader of the SNP and just taken a seat from another party leader, not just necessarily another party. Of course she's going to celebrate. 

Far more brutal stuff in politics these days than a big party leader celebrating a win. 

19 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Don't agree with that. Sturgeon can ask all she wants, the answer will be NO.

Corbyn would only have won with SNP support and to get that he would have had to promise a referendum. keeping the UK together was best achieved with a Tory vote. One we are out of the EU, there will be no way back for Scotland either - they are check mate and they know it.

• Like 3

Well the tories have dodged scrutiny all campaign. Johnson dodging interviews, hiding in fridges. I know of numerous candidates not going to the hustings, deleting questions from social media and blocking people. Rees-Mogg ignoring peoples emailed questions and calling the police about harassment despite not asking them to stop.

Well the scrutiny starts now. Theres no hiding for the tories now, they have a majority, the can't blame anyone else, the can't dodge questions anymore. When it all goes wrong, when the uk falls apart, when everything goes to shit, there'll be no blaming anyone else this time. I bet they'll try, but in a few years it won't wash anymore, especially once the opposition have a proper leader.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think this is that bad? 

She's the leader of the SNP and just taken a seat from another party leader, not just necessarily another party. Of course she's going to celebrate. 

Far more brutal stuff in politics these days than a big party leader celebrating a win. 

I agree, I’d expect her to react like that for any gain.

Guest Markyblue
47 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

The SNP is on the rise in Scotland, mainly due to their own mandate of wanting to stay part of the EU, with independence for Scotland part of the process. 

it will happen, just when......

Good and goodbye.

Of the piss poor choices on offer, I suppose at least the electorate made a clear choice about what it wants, however depressing that may be to a lot of us.

My main feeling this morning is of annoyance at the Labour party. I voted for Corbyn in the first leadership contest, but have never been convinced, primarily because he doesn't really seem to have much in the way of leadership qualities. I increasingly feel the 2017 GE showing was a blip that owed as much to Theresa May turning out to be a lot weirder and ineffective than people expected her to be, rather than JC capturing the imagination of the public outside of the already converted.

The plodding on in the face of his obvious unpopularity with the electorate smacks of narcissism as much as principle - even his response this morning, to pledge to not contest another election as leader, but to hang around for no obvious reason looks unapologetic to me, at least