Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

11 minutes ago, simFox said:

Because we will be out the EU by the time they even get a sniff of another referendum, so they won't be voting to stay in the EU which is part of their claimed mandate. Out the rUK out of the EU. That doesn't sound like something worth voting for.

But they'll be able to re-join the EU when they leave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Crikey, this forum isn’t representative of the electorate today is it!

This is it though, pretty much nobody is that I speak to either. There must have been a serious vote for the Torys from the over 50s or a lot of “quiet Britons” as the Aussie PM would say. Does anybody know if there’s any data available yet with how different age ranges voted? 

Edited by Manini

Just now, Manini said:

This is it though, pretty much nobody is that I speak to. There must have been a serious vote for the Torys from the over 50s or a lot of “quiet Britons” as the Aussie PM would say. Does anybody know if there’s any data available yet with how different age ranges voted? 

Those that voted for the non-victors shout the loudest. No way!! (I also did not vote Tory, this time anyway)

2 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Yeah, there's no way the EU aren't letting them in, to "get one over" on Brexit. They will fudge some numbers or find a workaround.

lol

Probably but that just proves what a corrupt bullshit organisation it really is.

Couldnt alter any of its principles to keep us but will alter them to scorn us lol

16 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Agree. Point made better then my explanation 

Not in a million years. They won't even have a currency. The EU won't want another mouth to feed when they've just lost one of their only net contributors. Got more chance of Sturgeon actually being a man.

Edited by simFox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol

Probably but that just proves what a corrupt bullshit organisation it really is.

Couldnt alter any of its principles to keep us but will alter them to scorn us lol

Yeah, I don't think the EU is perfect or even necessarily free of corruption, but that's politics. In comparison to the UK government though, it's a paragon of virtue. There's also an argument to say that Scotland was already in the EU but were taken out against their will, which I imagine would hold some weight.

In terms of us the EU had already altered some of it's principles - we got the tax rebate, etc. but you can't keep giving freebies every time people ask for them. Not much of a union really if one country keeps demanding special treatment to everyone else.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, simFox said:

Not in a million years. They won't even have a currency. The EU won't want another mouth to feed when they've just lost one of their only net contributors. Got more chance of Sturgeon actually being a man.

They'd have the euro :D

Yeah, I think you're being a bit naive if you think the EU wouldn't want Scotland. They certainly would. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

Labours problems haven't just started under Corbyn they started under Blair and Brown. It was the "that Bigoted Lady" comment off the record by Brown that started to show the working class that labour had lost touch. Rather than listen to the concerns of traditional labour voters, Whether as leader of the party or not these where real concerns  or not.

I'm on a WhatsApp group of a suburban Leicester sports team. White working class males with a trade;, brickies, plumbers, civil engineer.....all on a decent wedge and ALL absolutely stonewall hard right Tories. 

The 'working class' vote for labour has gone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Yeah, I don't think the EU is perfect or even necessarily free of corruption, but that's politics. In comparison to the UK government though, it's a paragon of virtue. There's also an argument to say that Scotland was already in the EU but were taken out against their will, which I imagine would hold some weight.

In terms of us the EU had already altered some of it's principles - we got the tax rebate, etc. but you can't keep giving freebies every time people ask for them. Not much of a union really if one country keeps demanding special treatment to everyone else.

It’s still quite risky even if you think the red carpet will be rolled out.

Spain will get a veto and with their internal problems regarding rogue states trying for independence, they might not be in the mood to prove it a successful model.

Edited by Strokes

9 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

They'd have the euro :D

Yeah, I think you're being a bit naive if you think the EU wouldn't want Scotland. They certainly would. 

I think you're being a bit naive if you think the EU would just leg Scotland in.

Spain will always veto them to stop Catalonia getting any ideas.

Edited by Sampson

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think you're being a bit naive if you think the EU would just leg Scotland in.

No they won't - that myth needs to die.

Spain would veto Scotland if they broke away unconstitutionally (because it would set a precedent for Catalonia). Spain have no problem letting in Scotland if they follow all the proper procedures for leaving the UK.

We've had all these years of people saying "The EU wants to keep hold of us". Yet if Scotland were to be rejoining, on worse terms then they had previously (or better for the EU), people honestly think the EU will turn them away? 

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

And this link below would further backup your highlighted claim (Despite initially stating they would not oppose it)

https://www.politico.eu/article/spain-fires-diplomat-in-scotland-over-eu-membership-letter/

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm on a WhatsApp group of a suburban Leicester sports team. White working class males with a trade;, brickies, plumbers, civil engineer.....all on a decent wedge and ALL absolutely stonewall hard right Tories. 

The 'working class' vote for labour has gone. 

Leicester remains a Labour city though. I can't be the only white working-class old git who still votes for them - though sometimes it feels like it...there again I've always taken pleasure in cofounding orthodox opinion. 

1 minute ago, Stoopid said:

Leicester remains a Labour city though. I can't be the only white working-class old git who still votes for them - though sometimes it feels like it...there again I've always taken pleasure in cofounding orthodox opinion

You watch your hip with that, thats a fairly painful freudian slip :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Just now, Stoopid said:

Leicester remains a Labour city though. I can't be the only white working-class old git who still votes for them - though sometimes it feels like it...there again I've always taken pleasure in cofounding orthodox opinion. 

The city is red but the county is blue. 
I think we should all have a fight. Country bumpkins vs Towny tramps. Let’s have it.