Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

Guest Markyblue
18 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It won’t matter, once we get rid of Scotland from the UK, Labour will never get near a majority ever again.

This.

I'm not surprised FT is in meltdown this morning as it has been evident over the last three years that the majority of posters on the political threads particularly Brexit were die hard remainers and it has been brutal at times raising your head above the parapet if you are a blue and a Leave voter.

John Ashworth was right, Corbyn was toxic along with his ridiculous stance on Brexit and he has his just reward, and I won't be shedding any tears for him or McDonnell. As Jezzer used to like using anecdotes of members of the public with their tales of woe, there's a new message from thousands in Sedgfield and Grimsby and that is 'fcuk off'.

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think if we was to have another leave / remain vote it would lean a lot more on the leave % than last time.

I think we had that yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I'm not surprised FT is in meltdown this morning as it has been evident over the last three years that the majority of posters on the political threads particularly Brexit were die hard remainers and it has been brutal at times raising your head above the parapet if you are a blue and a Leave voter.

John Ashworth was right, Corbyn was toxic along with his ridiculous stance on Brexit and he has his just reward, and I won't be shedding any tears for him or McDonnell. As Jezzer used to like using anecdotes of members of the public with their tales of woe, there's a new message from thousands in Sedgfield and Grimsby and that is 'fcuk off'.

This is meltdown? It's just people giving their opinion on the result. I don't see many people losing their shit, I don't see many people crying about it. People are giving their opinions, which they are allowed. You're allowed to say if you don't like the result, you allowed to give an opinion on what you think will happen, you're allowed to say why you thought it happened.

Labours problems haven't just started under Corbyn they started under Blair and Brown. It was the "that Bigoted Lady" comment off the record by Brown that started to show the working class that labour had lost touch. Rather than listen to the concerns of traditional labour voters, Whether as leader of the party or not these where real concerns  or not.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't think Labour have grasped the full picture as to why they lost so heavily, they don't seem to be acknowledging a lot of their radical polices lost a lot of voters. Also the fact they persisted with a leader who to many was unelectable...

At the moment it seems the party is still stuck in an echo chamber by blaming brexit (which yes is part of it), but they keep going on about the 2017 result even this morning... 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner

24 minutes ago, simFox said:

Don't agree with that. Sturgeon can ask all she wants, the answer will be NO.

Corbyn would only have won with SNP support and to get that he would have had to promise a referendum. keeping the UK together was best achieved with a Tory vote. One we are out of the EU, there will be no way back for Scotland either - they are check mate and they know it.

Depends on if you think that a second vote on brexit would have this time yielded a remain win.

in that case, our union remains stronger, based on the majority of Scots voting remain before.

so how are they check mate? Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion? Not bating, just genuinely perplexed 

1 minute ago, twoleftfeet said:

Labours problems haven't just started under Corbyn they started under Blair and Brown. It was the "that Bigoted Lady" comment off the record by Brown that started to show the working class that labour had lost touch. Rather than listen to the concerns of traditional labour voters, Whether as leader of the party or not these where real concerns  or not.

Just watched that back, and actually the woman was quite reasonable tbh. Major gaffe from Brown, but full credit to him in that at least he actually tried to engage with the woman rather than running away from her.

13 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing this meltdown :dunno: Mostly people just expressing their disappointment, which is understandable. Seems like wishful thinking to me.

32 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think if we was to have another leave / remain vote it would lean a lot more on the leave % than last time.

Funnily enough I don’t think there’s any evidence for that in these results. The Tories have only increased their vote by 1% to 44%, add in the Brexit party and unionists and I still don’t think you’d get to 50%.

Nevertheless, for there to be another referendum having lost the original, it was always incumbent upon remainers to demonstrate that there was an overwhelming change of heart by electorate and clearly that isn’t the case.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

9 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Depends on if you think that a second vote on brexit would have this time yielded a remain win.

in that case, our union remains stronger, based on the majority of Scots voting remain before.

so how are they check mate? Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion? Not bating, just genuinely perplexed 

Because we will be out the EU by the time they even get a sniff of another referendum, so they won't be voting to stay in the EU which is part of their claimed mandate. Out the rUK out of the EU. That doesn't sound like something worth voting for.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, simFox said:

Because we will be out the EU by the time they even get a sniff of another referendum, so they won't be voting to stay in the EU which is part of their claimed mandate. Out the rUK out of the EU. That doesn't sound like something worth voting for.

No they will vote for independence by pushing for a second independence referendum. With SNP dominating Scotland they have more sway with their local electorates