Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Liverpool v Man City - what result do you want?

52 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Well it makes sense to me.  I'll cheer a draw, you cheer whatever you like.  Like I said, any of them could finish top so at this point, with over 25 games to go, I'd rather they dropped 4 between them.  Talking about it being in our hands with 25 games to go is nonsense.  It's in our hands regardless .  If Liverpool win today but we win every single game between now and the end of the season I guarantee you we will win the league. 

Bet that's what Liverpool thought last season too!

44 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I bet you were the really brainy maths kid at school.

I ain't gonna argue with you :D

To be fair, this is less maths but more "football maths", whatever you wanna call it. As it stands, we can only finish 2nd on our own merit (whether you think Liverpool will drop points against others or not). At this moment in time we cannot win the league without relying on Liverpool to drop points.

Last season, with 8 or so games to go, Liverpool were 1 point behind Man City, won every game but umfortunately (for Liverpool), Mam City dropped no points. Of course, over 26 games you would expect a team to drop points but it's nice to have everything in your own hands, like 15/16. I bet everyone thought we would drop plenty of points. Well we didn't.

Whatever happens in this game, it won't decide the title today, but it may have an impact at the end of the season. That's the beauty of football, no one knows what's going to happen next.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

To be fair, this is less maths but more "football maths", whatever you wanna call it. As it stands, we can only finish 2nd on our own merit (whether you think Liverpool will drop points against others or not). At this moment in time we cannot win the league without relying on Liverpool to drop points.

Last season, with 8 or so games to go, Liverpool were 1 point behind Man City, won every game but umfortunately (for Liverpool), Mam City dropped no points. Of course, over 26 games you would expect a team to drop points but it's nice to have everything in your own hands, like 15/16. I bet everyone thought we would drop plenty of points. Well we didn't.

Whatever happens in this game, it won't decide the title today, but it may have an impact at the end of the season. That's the beauty of football, no one knows what's going to happen next.

It's all good stuff mate and the reason I started the thread.

Lots of good discussion about the pro's and con's of the different potential outcomes of today's game :thumbup:

• Like 1

Man City win.

Liverpool fans will be intolerable if they win the league, and I'd like to keep the select group that has done it as small as possible.

I think these two teams duking it out at the top will keep the pressure up on each other and allow us to continue under the radar. For me, 9 points would be unassailable, but 3 or even 6 will lead Man City to think they can overturn it and liverpool may get the wobbles.

• Like 2

Just now, southfox66 said:

Look like we are in three way fight for 2nd place then. I hate to say it but Liverpool going to win the title this season 

Today was their best performance in weeks... they have been taking points while playing poorly .... they cant do that till may.   We can reel them in.  This is our moment... we are still getting better   ...dare  to dream

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

Look like we are in three way fight for 2nd place then. I hate to say it but Liverpool going to win the title this season 

We'll see, they have stumbled after Xmas the previous two seasons and they are already crying about the fixture list, we will see :)

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Today was their best performance in weeks... they have been taking points while playing poorly .... they cant do that till may.   We can reel them in.  This is our moment... we are still getting better   ...dare  to dream

I'd love to agree with you but 9 point gap even if we beat them still 6 points advantage that a lot to make up 

Just now, southfox66 said:

I'd love to agree with you but 9 point gap even if we beat them still 6 points advantage that a lot to make up 

It's hard but not impossible... if we dont think we can do it then we will def fail.  Come on they will start dropping points... we just need to focus on each game each week.  We dont have Europe or qatar etc.  We have a great squad and great manager

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I would never say it is impossible after 12 games, especially with that December them going to the club World Cup and all ... they are however in a great position and it will be tough to close in on them 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I would never say it is impossible after 12 games, especially with that December them going to the club World Cup and all ... they are however in a great position and it will be tough to close in on them 

They L'pool havent yet  played CPalace,or the Blades...:rolleyes: