Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Liverpool v Man City - what result do you want?

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Don't want to be accused of "doing a treer" and starting a new thread for the sake of it, but think this game deserves separate discussion (if not mods, please merge with PL thread)

So our two title rivals :whistle: meet tomorrow. What do you think is the best result for us and what should we be hoping for?

It's a great question and I think I'm going to sit back and relax and draw the positive out of any result.

Draw - possibly the best result for us as we obviously gain 2 points on both teams over the weekend and it would make our title shout a little more realistic.

Liverpool win - Think Liverpool will win the league if they win today and think Pep will put even more eggs in his Champions League basket opening up 2nd place as a real possibility for us which would still be obsene. 

Man City win - Would mean that we'd be closer to first place but also think Pep would start thinking realistically about the double and taking the league more seriously. 

I think a 3-3 draw would be good as it'll make both teams question their defenses and get used to conceded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

0-0 and a 22 man brawl after VAR over turns the best goal ever scored in the history of football by Salah and sends KDB off for blowing a kiss at Henderson. 

Big points deduction for both teams, Klopp and Pep banned for a year from match day duties.

Mane dives sooo much and so bad that 

1. He's banned from football for 3 years

2. Officials decided to look again at previous examples of his diving, found that he really dived against us and overturn that goal - it's 1:1 which means one more point for us, minus two for scousers.

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Why do people want a draw, ridiculous. If you really want Leicester to have the best chance of winning the league then Man City has to win this one and keep the gap to 1st at 5 points. A draw would increase the gap.

Simple maths. Either of Liverpool or City could win the league so at this stage, you want them to drop the maximum amount of points between them.

A draw means 4 dropped points in total, a win for either side is 3 dropped but one team pulls away by 3 more.  

Having said that, if either side has to win it, then you'd side with Man City as they would still only be a couple in front of us.  But yeah, a draw all day long is the best result.

• Like 3

Liverpool need a loss and an embarrassing one at that. I’m pretty sure regardless of the result, Man City aren’t the team they were last season and will drop points throughout the season. If we’re looking at top spot (which any team in the top four playing like we are should be) then we need Liverpool to start accumulating losses and a brutal nailing by ManC today is the best starting place.

Liverpool 0-4 Man City 

• Like 1

If the priority is to catch both teams then a draw will make it possible, if the priority is to win the league then we want to focus only at the gap between us and the team who top the ranking, at the moment Man City are far from the top and so their situation doesn't concern us so long at their win won't make them surpass Liverpool and extend that gap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Simple maths. Either of Liverpool or City could win the league so at this stage, you want them to drop the maximum amount of points between them.

A draw means 4 dropped points in total, a win for either side is 3 dropped but one team pulls away by 3 more.  

Having said that, if either side has to win it, then you'd side with Man City as they would still only be a couple in front of us.  But yeah, a draw all day long is the best result.

That makes no sense.

Liverpool have barely dropped points, Man City have already dropped points. If Man City win, it is still in our own hands to catch them. We play them twice. Liverpool we can only take 3 points off so need them to slip up at least twice, today and once more. A draw is a stupid suggestion and you seem to have your simple maths wrong.

I'd rather have 5 teams 1 point in front of us, than 1 team 10 points clear. Especially with so many points up for grabs still.

If we are talking about Top 4, then absolutely, we want only 3 teams in front of us and I wouldn't care if they are 20 points ahead as long as they keep taking points off the teams in 5th and below.

19 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That makes no sense.

Liverpool have barely dropped points, Man City have already dropped points. If Man City win, it is still in our own hands to catch them. We play them twice. Liverpool we can only take 3 points off so need them to slip up at least twice, today and once more. A draw is a stupid suggestion and you seem to have your simple maths wrong.

I'd rather have 5 teams 1 point in front of us, than 1 team 10 points clear. Especially with so many points up for grabs still.

If we are talking about Top 4, then absolutely, we want only 3 teams in front of us and I wouldn't care if they are 20 points ahead as long as they keep taking points off the teams in 5th and below.

Well it makes sense to me.  I'll cheer a draw, you cheer whatever you like.  Like I said, any of them could finish top so at this point, with over 25 games to go, I'd rather they dropped 4 between them.  Talking about it being in our hands with 25 games to go is nonsense.  It's in our hands regardless .  If Liverpool win today but we win every single game between now and the end of the season I guarantee you we will win the league. 

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Why do people want a draw, ridiculous. If you really want Leicester to have the best chance of winning the league then Man City has to win this one and keep the gap to 1st at 5 points. A draw would increase the gap.

31 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That makes no sense.

I bet you were the really brainy maths kid at school.

I ain't gonna argue with you :D

• Like 1