Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2019/2020

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Couldn't think of a thread to put this in and didn't want to start a new one. On BT Sport tonight @ 11.30 pm - classic MOTD: Leicester City vs Watford 1983/84 season. 

4-1, Andy Peake with two crackers

1 minute ago, 49er said:

Do you remember the great goal that Peake scored against Liverpool in a 3-3 home draw - what a game

I was just thinking that. I was standing in the Main Stand. Lovely warm spring evening. Great atmosphere. That and the Arsenal 3-3 are the best games I saw at Filbert Street. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

I was just thinking that. I was standing in the Main Stand. Lovely warm spring evening. Great atmosphere. That and the Arsenal 3-3 are the best games I saw at Filbert Street. 

I was in PEN 3. Always remember Lynex chipping over Grobelaar, and Lineker powering past Hansen and Lawrenson to poke in the third. Best forward line imho until Vardy and Mahrez

1 minute ago, 49er said:

I was in PEN 3. Always remember Lynex chipping over Grobelaar, and Lineker powering past Hansen and Lawrenson to poke in the third. Best forward line imho until Vardy and Mahrez

Agree. Lineker, Smudger and Stevie - 156 goals in three seasons. 

12 minutes ago, 49er said:

Do you remember the great goal that Peake scored against Liverpool in a 3-3 home draw - what a game

I wasn't there but remember watching it on MOTD and it saved me from dealing with the plastics at school the next day. 

Well chuffed as they were such a good side and Champions of England in those days. 

Such, such a pity they're not now

🤓😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I wasn't there but remember watching it on MOTD and it saved me from dealing with the plastics at school the next day. 

Well chuffed as they were such a good side and Champions of England in those days. 

Such, such a pity they're not now

🤓😂😂😂😂

Showed how far we had come having started the season with six straight losses

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Watching MOTD, Jens Lehmann in the top 10 keepers ever in the PL? Absolutely no way.

David James too. Sure he has longevity on his side, but he had the nickname calamity James for a reason.

All three have agreed that Kasper should have made the top 10, but they didn't choose the final 10, the commentators did.

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Couldn't think of a thread to put this in and didn't want to start a new one. On BT Sport tonight @ 11.30 pm - classic MOTD: Leicester City vs Watford 1983/84 season. 

Also, LCFC vs Arsenal is on BT Sport at 1pm tomorrow from 1976/77 season, October to be precise. 

I won't spoil it if anyone wants to watch without knowing the result! 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Apparently did a classic MOTD last night where Shearer picked 3 of his favourite PL games and they showed them. They don't appear to have put it on iplayer - anyone know what games he picked?

Newcastle 5 Man Utd 0

Liverpool 2 Blackburn 1 (Blackburn won the title)

Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 (the one with the Collymore winner)

Edited by Facecloth
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Newcastle 5 Man Utd 0

Liverpool 2 Blackburn 1 (Blackburn won the title)

Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 (the one with the Collymore winner)

Thanks - hopefully we'll be in business when its Gary's turn to pick...

Problem with these throwback games is they nearly all involve one of the big 5/6 teams because they are the ones they've shown the most, Sky are awash with them.