Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2019/2020

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Did I hear that right Dyche thinks shoulder is handball? 

Pathetic ....fwiw, the first looks like no handball and the second does but because the ref doesn’t give it I’m not sure that’s a clear and obvious error so shouldn’t be awarded ...... the var is not supposed to re referee the incident 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wortho said:

As much as I want City to be successful it does seem the refs/var are bent. I'm not that bothered about how we progress, don't mind if we are in the national League. Not arsed any more.

I can see your point, I'm feeling the same. National League may be a bit much, but the love is slowly ebbing away

• Like 2

Majority of highlights show our chances on goal and with commentator saying Kasper has had little to do until the penalty and goal - Keown says man City smothered Leicester and are on a different level, didn't even discuss kelechi foul and sat on the fence with Du Bruyne handball, I wouldn't miss motd or the BBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Majority of highlights show our chances on goal and with commentator saying Kasper has had little to do until the penalty and goal - Keown says man City smothered Leicester and are on a different level, didn't even discuss kelechi foul and sat on the fence with Du Bruyne handball, I wouldn't miss motd or the BBC

No he didn't sit on the fence lol

He said the only thing he didn't do is catch the ball. Says 'touches his hand and should be a penalty'. What did you watch?! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No he didn't sit on the fence lol

He said the only thing he didn't do is catch the ball. Says 'touches his hand and should be a penalty'. What did you watch?! 

Wrighty sat on the fence, he said something about being able to protect your face!

Edited by Phube
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, old koppite said:

We’ve always been the Citeh to me for 56 years- “how did the Citeh gerron?” , “ ah ya guin down  Citeh” - they’re Man City- not weird. Hope that helps ! 

That’s cos you live in the ‘citeh’ ...... lots of us don’t .......in the rest of the country, ‘city’ is ‘Man City’ to distinguish them from yanited...... no need to be precious about it .....it’s for practical reasons .....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That’s cos you live in the ‘citeh’ ...... lots of us don’t .......in the rest of the country, ‘city’ is ‘Man City’ to distinguish them from yanited...... no need to be precious about it .....it’s for practical reasons .....

Neville Folger always referred to Cov as City when doing the RL commentaries used to do my head in as I couldn't tell what was happening.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Correct.  Before Sky most people supported one of their local teams so to distinguish it was City or United, United or Wednesday, City or Rovers.  I can’t actually think of any more in the English Leagues.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not being precious, just poor attempt at humour on a Sunday morning. The media only started calling them it after they became oil rich and successful, not before.  Another lowering of standards dear boy. There’ll always only be one City for me, and I shall continue to pretend to misunderstand anyone who talks to me about City when referring to Man City ( hee hee!). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, old koppite said:

Not being precious, just poor attempt at humour on a Sunday morning. The media only started calling them it after they became oil rich and successful, not before.  Another lowering of standards dear boy. There’ll always only be one City for me, and I shall continue to pretend to misunderstand anyone who talks to me about City when referring to Man City ( hee hee!). 

the ‘precious’ bit wasnt aimed at you, per say, but there are plenty on here that simply can’t understand it ......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Did I hear that right Dyche thinks shoulder is handball? 

Not sure why they even bothered asking him about it ..

He is one of the biased one eyed managers around!

A Burnley player could probably cut someone in half and he'd probably say it was nothing.

Bit like Mourinho missing that tackle by his player..

You can bet if those incidents  had been against their sides they'd be leaping around screaming blue murder !!

At least Rogers has some consistency and honesty about him.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve lived in the city of Leicester all of my life. Very rarely have I referred to us as “City”. “City” isnt exclusive to Man City - a host of other clubs have city in their team name too and I know a lot of people dislike them being referred to like they’re the only City.