Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2019/2020

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But if its a penalty then the rest is irrelevant. 

It is, but it just doesn't sit well with me that a goal can be scored after the incident, to dismiss all of that, and then wait three minutes for a penalty to be awarded.

Perhaps a review system like cricket or tennis would work better? Maybe then play could be halted as soon as a manager wants to review a decision? Just a thought.

55 minutes ago, davieG said:

Match of the Day running order

Liverpool vs Southampton

Watford vs Everton

West Ham vs Brighton

Bournemouth vs Aston Villa

Leicester vs Chelsea

Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United

Newcastle vs Norwich

Update from the merc

MOTD running order: Liverpool vs Southampton, Watford vs Everton, West Ham United vs Brighton, Bournemouth vs Aston Villa, Leicester vs Chelsea, Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United, Manchester United vs Wolves, Newcastle vs Norwich City.

11 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

And the Watford game gets the screeching woman as commentator

We seem to have her a lot - got called sexist by someone on another forum for calling her loud !

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Never a second yellow based on that for delph 

Probably why they looked so pumped up to keep us out although wasn't hard.

Nigel wasn't great with his subs although not his fault Issac Success really doesn't live up to his name and it seems Chalobah was injured again.

And really all 3 Everton goals were avoidable.

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Admittedly Liverpool could've had a penalty earlier in the game, so both hard done in that aspect. 

But, once again a key decision goes for Liverpool. 

Yeah I thought that was too. Two seemingly clear penalties. One for each side, so cancels out, but that's not the point.

As far as I'm concerned, over half the time VAR is missing stuff or giving off sides by 1 or 2 mm, whilst otherwise interrupting the flow. Hate it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Never a second yellow based on that for delph 

Again with VAR, did they review that? They should, because the player doesn't get the chance to appeal it.

I'm waiting for someone to get sent off, VAR agreeing with ref and then it getting overturned on appeal weeks later.

24 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Again with VAR, did they review that? They should, because the player doesn't get the chance to appeal it.

I'm waiting for someone to get sent off, VAR agreeing with ref and then it getting overturned on appeal weeks later.

Var can’t review yellow cards 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Right, so we have twice as many shots on goal as Chelsea and all of the analysis is about hypothetical sh1t that Abraham might have done if he wasn't sh1t..

Exactly . I couldn’t believe what a crock that analysis was - making the case for Abraham being a shoo in for England by showing a series of shots of him making poor decisions and reacting too slowly 

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

They seemed to rush through it all - at the end Wrighty was cut off talking about Norwich for example.

Well, why review actual chances when we can look at Tammy Abraham falling over and not moving?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, surrifox said:

Grealish just runs in to Lerma and throws himself over 

The kicking a ball past a player then running into him and going over like you've been shot tactic is wearing a bit thin now and i'm suprised the refs arn't cottoning on to it, maybe something to do the fact championship players, which no doubt Grealish will be if Villa go down, don't get into the England squad.

34 minutes ago, Corky said:

Well, why review actual chances when we can look at Tammy Abraham falling over and not moving?

Those of us who attended yesterday were able to make our own analysis of Abraham.

He’s rubbish.

And a cheat.

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Happened already with Son on Gomez.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2020 at 23:09, MrsJohnMurphy said:

you mean the 12 year old boy?

She was Co commentating on spurs man City on 5 live. 

I had never heard her before and it sounded like they had a competition winner come and help commentate and that winner was a 12 year old boy. 

She kept using some of the worst clichés in football, "man City try to walk the ball in to the goal" etc. 

It was only when half time came and the studio people thanked the commentary team, I realised it was a woman. 

I genuinely don't think I was being sexist, I just think she is shit. 

• 2 weeks later...