Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hack

The arrogance of the Media on the subject of the Top 6!!

7 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I don’t think that’s too bad to be fair. Rodgers would be a good fit for Man City, and the journalist says that we’re currently in a better state than Arsenal.

I definitely heard the Sports Reporter on Five Live say today on the 11.00 am bulletin that 3rd placed Leicester City would be featuring in the afternoon's commentary match. It was ridiculous. We were clearly in 2nd place and 3 points better off than Man City at the time and this is the BBC too.

• Like 1

Maybe now we have a 6 point gap to 3rd and 9 to 4th they can't just ignore us as the only true title challenger. But it is clear the media do not want to talk about any team other than the traditional big 6. Or the people working for the media haven't really go a clue about football and the PL.

Latest is Chillwell to Chelsea, and even during the January window, not only is that disrespectful to us but also just stupid.

Why would the player leave a side 2nd in the table under probably the 3rd best manager in the league mid season.

As stupid as asking Brendon about clauses and what not when he has been with us not even a year and we second in the table.

I feel the league needs rules something like this, but the big clubs, media (and fans) would laugh at them.

1 - No bids for players not transfer listed.

2 - Any media stories linking players to moves to clubs who are not transfer listed is a automatic 3 point penalty to the target club unless they can prove they have nothing to do with leak and agree to rule themselves out of interest to the player for at least 12 months.

3 - 5 Stories in one season is an automatic 12 month transfer ban,

4 - Papers printing transfer speculation stories will be expected to reveal their source, if they dont they banned from all EPL press conferences.

5 - Agents found to be leaking stories are banned from doing deals with EPL clubs.

6 - Only clubs can transfer list a player, not the player themselves.(already the case)

7 - No transfers between EPL clubs in Jan window.

8 - Managers cannot take new employment within 12 months of leaving their last job.

9 - Clubs can only make one offer for a player on EPL to EPL transfers, if offer is refused they cannot make new offers until next transfer window.

Ironically these rules would also likely encourage bigger use of academy players.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t think that’s too bad to be fair. Rodgers would be a good fit for Man City, and the journalist says that we’re currently in a better state than Arsenal.

It's a pretty fair article. It talks up Rodgers and us.

And he probably would be a good fit for mcfc post Pep.

Guest Markyblue

If man utd or spurs had won 8 on the trot and kane or rashford had scored in all 8 the media would be wetting themselves saying what a great title race it is. The disrespect is obvious and disgusting but the siege mentality will help when we stun the world AGAIN in may.coyb

Guest bennytwohats

I don’t understand everyone getting up in arms here. If you read any half decent sports writers, eg the Athletic, or Football365, people are giving us plenty of credit. This constant berating the lack of credit we get from the consistently abysmal national papers etc looks decidedly small time.

Who cares what is being written? We just keep on doing the business and making mugs of them, and that’s more than enough enjoyment for me.

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Yeah I agree - the title gives this impression that he’s going to be talking Rodgers up as a replacement for PG, but in actual fact, there’s no mention of it until the penultimate paragraph. More of a summary of how well BR is doing and how bad Arsenal are as a club.