Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hack

The arrogance of the Media on the subject of the Top 6!!

5-Live headline on the Sports bulletin said they'd be speaking to Jurgen Klopp about being 11pts clear at the top of the Premier League :rolleyes:

Tony Livesley less than 5 minutes later had to say that to save most of Leicester texting the show that Liverpool are actually only 8pts clear.

We don't exist, do we.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

5-Live headline on the Sports bulletin said they'd be speaking to Jurgen Klopp about being 11pts clear at the top of the Premier League :rolleyes:

Tony Livesley less than 5 minutes later had to say that to save most of Leicester texting the show that Liverpool are actually only 8pts clear.

We don't exist, do we.

Interesting philosophical question...

I think we exist, but there again I might be in a coma and just dreaming the whole thing.

Actually, that would explain a lot...

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, demon_dog said:

Did you notice that when the fa cup draw was about to take place,  there was a list put up of the draw numbers to look out for. 

First six shown were the supposedly top six premier clubs. 

Man City, Man U, Chelsea,Arsenal ,Liverpool and Spurs!

Just shows that’s all the media  think about. 

Still not complaining, the longer we’re off the radar the better. Means we can go about our business relatively unnoticed. 

Yes, I did notice and this has gone beyond accusations of hyper-sensitivity. As much as I like being under the radar, it really is about time we got some recognition. 

So was just listening to 5live on the way home from work. And they mentioned everyone but us. Even when naming the rest of the midweek games, every game but ours. I know it shouldn't bother me so much but it getting really bloody annoying now, That we seem to be constantly ignored. Unless that is if they want our manager or players to sign for someone else. :angry:

Guest Markyblue

The more they ignore us the happier I am, don't these media cretins remember 2016. Enjoy the ride and f..k the media we are on our way.

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

It’s not just the media...

jesus last night post Burnley game, spoke about only being 8 points behind Liverpool and trying to catch them in the title race.

we didn’t exist 😀

I really don't understand why people get wound up by this.

We do exist and we are above Man City at the moment - of course they're going to talk about their chances of catching Liverpool during coverage of their game. 

17 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

We do exist and we are above Man City at the moment - of course they're going to talk about their chances of catching Liverpool during coverage of their game. 

Below them on GD at the moment. Should put that right tonight 

4 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Below them on GD at the moment. Should put that right tonight 

Exactly.. people are too sensitive, we're getting no end of plaudits. It's a title race, if we're in it, they're in it. 

Of course they're going to talk about other teams chances. 

It's like saying Everton/Villa/Newcastle/Brighton aren't in danger of going down just because they're not in the bottom three at the moment.

The media is 'big club' focused because to become a pundit its a prerequisite you played for a big club at one time with one or two exceptions like Savage. Its easy to become a big club all it takes is lots of money. Chelsea were a small club 20 years ago. Manchester Citeh were a small club 10 years ago. Its all relative to recent living memory, after all Preston North End and Blackpool were massive 120 years ago. 

Today there is an opportunity probably like never before to become a big club with a few seasons success. Fading big clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal are making way for new upstarts. Spurs have peaked and won nothing. Chelski have ownership that isn't interested. So, with all the money in the Premier League there is no barrier to any team becoming a so called big team over then next decade. Which is probably why the so called big teams are seeking ways to secure their monopoly on players and managers by trying to split the TV money more in their favour and talking up a by invitation only super league.

LC proved in 2016 there is no fixed big teams cartel, its just the pundits and glory hunters that maintain its aura out of fear of the alternative.

• Like 1

Maybe they're all trying to help us out!?

Remember the last time 'little old Leicester' were flying high. It was all about the big clubs then... because we wouldn't/couldn't stay the distance. Injuries would eventually hurt us. We'd get found out. We hadn't played anyone good yet. We couldn't win the league. It was impossible!

They underestimated us then and look what happened. Maybe they're conciously trying to play down our chances, in the hope we'll do it again?! Haha, yeah right!

I'm glad we go under the radar and they're writing us off again. One things for sure, IF we did manage to win it again, they wouldn't be able to say it was because other teams were poor that year. It would be because we are a top side.

Last night on TalkShite they were discussing if we had a chance or not. Generally they thought not. I hope that attitude continues because of course we bloody do. Anything can happen in football, even a 5000-1 shot winning the PL.

I'd love it to happen. Just to see the egg on all their faces!

Come on Lestah!

Yeah, if we did win it again (big if but we can dream) that would mean we were officially one of the big four. ie the only teams to have won it more than once in the last 15 years. The last time arsenal did it was 2004. Spurs and Liverpool have never won it in the premier league era (ie 30 years almost)

5-Live Sports bulletin talking about a big night of football. Man Utd take on Tottenham (mid table clash) and Liverpool take on rivals Everton... and there are 4 other matches. What about the angle that Liverpool's lead could be down to 5 points tonight?

This morning they were going on about Liverpool extending their lead to 11 points tonight. No one seems to have noticed that we have a game tonight and a big say at the top of the table. Ffs. 

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

5-Live Sports bulletin talking about a big night of football. Man Utd take on Tottenham (mid table clash) and Liverpool take on rivals Everton... and there are 4 other matches. What about the angle that Liverpool's lead could be down to 5 points tonight?

This morning they were going on about Liverpool extending their lead to 11 points tonight. No one seems to have noticed that we have a game tonight and a big say at the top of the table. Ffs. 

Fine with me, keep us off the radar for as long as possible. We'll just keep picking points up.

On 03/12/2019 at 13:28, Footballwipe said:

The fact you think that's a dig says more about your paranoia and seeming desire to slag the Guardian off. Get a grip man

Easy, tiger. That's the first thing I've ever said about Lebedev's smug, sanctimonious rag... 

My point, pursuant to the subject of the thread, was that The Guardian shoehorned a reference to little Leicester having a 'brief' crack at the top 4, supporting this tired notion of a Top 6 that we have no right to usurp. 

14 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Im not wound up by it, I find it mildly amusing.

it was spoken like Liverpool were the only threat, not us. 

of course we will all interpret things differently, each to their own I guess.

• Like 1

This really is all very relative. As a fan of a League One club, we tend to feel the way about the entire PL that you do about the 'Big Six'. Our left back scored one of the most unusual hat-tricks you will ever see earlier this season - two goals direct from corners, and a free kick - and it did not warrant even a footnote on the main sports sites. If it was a PL left back, they would still be playing it on repeat.

To me, Leicester is an absolutely massive club. To a non-league team, my club might seem like a big deal. And to Leicester, the big six are still "big" (speaking in terms of fan base, stadium etc, not quality).

• Like 3

No team has a Devine right to be in the Premier League, never mind the top 6. With the amount of money floating around, it’s harder for the likes of Manchester United to go and purchase a player from ourselves, Wolves, Crystal Palace, Villa etc. 

Even Players from the Championship would command a huge fee. If we wanted to sign someone like Butland, Cairney, Dack, Watkins, Bowen, Periera etc ..... we’d be shelling out a minimum of £15,000,000 and they potentially wouldn’t improve the team. 

Clubs hold the “big 6” to ransom as well. They end up overpaying pay over £50,000,000 for Pepe, Maguire, NDombele, Wan Bisakka, Cancelo!! 

9 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Im not wound up by it, I find it mildly amusing.

it was spoken like Liverpool were the only threat, not us. 

of course we will all interpret things differently, each to their own I guess.

Not saying you were wound up as such, but I've seen it from others when it comes to this.

We're absolutely flying and deserve the respect :)

• Like 1

Although it is occassionally a release to rage about the coverage, really not bothered what the media write. We are best judged by our own fans and by our exploits on the pitch.

The only thing that consistently makes me chuckle is; how poor every other team was when we won the league, but now few teams are poor, they are just in transition so it cannot be that, that is contributing to Liverpool's (or last two seasons of City's) success, can it?

Rhetoric for their success is noteably different.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1