Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-0 Watford - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-0 Watford

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.9

Total Average Rating

190 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Ricardo Pereira 7.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Ayoze Pérez 5.5
  4. Manager Confidence 98% 0%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 04/12/19
Voting Ends: 08/12/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Christian Fuchs
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Ayoze Pérez
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Dennis Praet (sub)
  13. James Justin (sub)
  14. Hamza Choudhury (sub)

7 hours ago, Bazly said:

Justin James looks like a possible drop in for Chilwell next season.

Based on that small Cameo, I’m going to go all crazy and state that we’ve got the best set of full backs (in terms of depth), in the league. 

Rick MOTM for me as well.

My only complaint is Perez who wasnt bad but wasted two of his chances early in the first half. Barnes was quite impressive at times with his runs but could learn some awareness from the more experienced players. 

I was expecting to see Nacho after his match winning performance vs Everton so was a bit disappointed but BR had other adventurous ideas. Do I sound like I'm moaning? lol

Both CBs almost flawless. Justin exciting. Fuchsy still has it. Vards was Vards. VAR was VAR.

...We're all going for a European tour, European tour, European tour :scarf:

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Based on that small Cameo, I’m going to go all crazy and state that we’ve got the best set of full backs (in terms of depth), in the league. 

He played well and am chuffed.like I am for all our players doing well,but he was doggo against Burton so will give it a bit more time.Hopefully that was a one off.

One swallow does not a summer make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Looking at the voting, I suspect not everyone agrees, but I thought Hamza was fabulous in his brief time on the pitch.

You're right, I don't agree.  Pretty loose on the ball and positionally erratic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you earn a 9 you’ve probably scored two or assisted a few to get that... Ricardo never goes below a 7 for me because he’s so consistent, solid defensively and great going forward... nobody gets 9’s every week, not even if we had Messi or Ronaldo.

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Think the averages are actually a little high for a pretty tired performance if anything.

Surprised so many players are above a 7.

Watford and Everton both set up to frustrate us - they're both in dire straits and couldn't afford to concede anything. That we were able to break them down and score two against both without needing to really step up the gears in a major compliment to the team. You have to be able to grind out results against teams setting up to defend for 90 minutes and I think they performed that job creditably - even if it wasn't the prettiest sight in the world.

Thought Perez and Hamza were poor (given both 5), Perez critically so - if he'd scored from the second minute sitter instead of blazing wildly over we might have won at a canter. Hamza was his usual energetic self but lacked sharpness and accuracy.

Ricardo, Evans and Maddison were the pick from an unusually laboured team performance. Barnes did loads of great stuff but when he gets near the box I'm as optimistic as I used to be watching Akinbadbuy. I drove home thinking how spoiled we've become. If we don't put teams to the sword with a bit of swagger we feel we have the right to be disappointed! Most of the last 50 years we'd have been celebrating a home win and crikey, equalling a club record from 1963 (one that I never thought we'd see equalled - or perhaps beaten - in my time as a fox)!  

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

If you earn a 9 you’ve probably scored two or assisted a few to get that... Ricardo never goes below a 7 for me because he’s so consistent, solid defensively and great going forward... nobody gets 9’s every week, not even if we had Messi or Ronaldo.

I totally agree that 9 means outstanding, but the tackle in the box when they broke was about as good as things get for a defender, worth a goal (ergo a point and a half?) alone. Then he managed to mask the fact that Tielemans was in power saver mode, Perez was struggling and Maddison wasn’t finding any penetration by driving us forward all game long. Thought he was the outstanding defender and the outstanding midfielder across both teams. But respect the demand for excellence from both of you...

• Like 2

I agree that was a pretty flat overall performance, though grinding out wins is what top teams do.  Still, it was unsettlingly close to being a scoreless draw - if it weren’t for a borderline penalty we might never have broken them down.  

Whether we have the ability to consistently handle teams who clog the midfield and cede possession is still an open question after Everton and Watford, I think.  Two wins at home is good, but they’re bottom feeders and both matches were nearly draws.