Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

7 minutes ago, 49er said:

Wholeheartedly agree. What great success did he enjoy in the Premier League? He also has some odd personality traits. The teams around Watford must be delighted at Pearson’s appointment. He is ought of his depth.

All well and good saying that in retrospective but at the time Pearson left the club with us still in the Premier League and achieved something only O’Neill before that had done. Other pretenders had failed 

When the news broke, I was just happy the man gets another well-deserved go.

8 pages in, I’m starting to dread the 14th of March.

Is this place going to be overrun by the activation of a fifth column of zombie trainer-sniffers? 

• Haha 1

Chaps, you don't need to point out what he achieved to me, I was there. He's a great guy no doubt. I'm sure I'd enjoy talking to him, and I'd certainly thank him for what he brought to LCFC. I had no intention of touching raw nerves, but I guess it was inevitable, much like when I once suggested that Steve Walsh (pre Little) had been a liability.

Guest Eamonn
23 minutes ago, 49er said:

Wholeheartedly agree. What great success did he enjoy in the Premier League? He also has some odd personality traits. The teams around Watford must be delighted at Pearson’s appointment. He is ought of his depth.

He kept us up, after we were miles behind. Doesn't that make him ideal for Watford? This is an inspired appointment by Watford.

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Chaps, you don't need to point out what he achieved to me, I was there. He's a great guy no doubt. I'm sure I'd enjoy talking to him, and I'd certainly thank him for what he brought to LCFC. I had no intention of touching raw nerves, but I guess it was inevitable, much like when I once suggested that Steve Walsh (pre Little) had been a liability.

If you were there then how can you find it strange that we're all thankful to this man and his team for what he did to and for the club? 

Something that took 10 years. 

That bigger clubs like Leeds and Forest haven't achieved in almost 20.

Strange that someone can't appreciate the actual magnitude of the task accomplished and realise how fortunate we were to have him rebuild us and guide us. 

• Like 1

Just now, LC/FC said:

If you were there then how can you find it strange that we're all thankful to this man and his team for what he did to and for the club? 

Something that took 10 years. 

That bigger clubs like Leeds and Forest haven't achieved in almost 20.

Strange that someone can't appreciate the actual magnitude of the task accomplished and realise how fortunate we were to have him rebuild us and guide us. 

Strange that you can't read. I'm very thankful, and appreciative. Just not fawning like some here are. It's been done to death, I admire him hugely, ok?

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's popular with me, too. But the fawning is something else.

I think the issue is the acrimonious circumstances of his departure. 

Fired because of his son and not because of any failure.

Claudio came and helped us dream so we didn't dwell on it. 

But it did leave a slight bad taste in the mouth of fans and we're all probably just happy for him to just have a chance at the Top, where we feel he actually belongs, even if it is a major rescue operation. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 49er said:

You've no idea of football, have you!

NP is a top manager, but needs the right players to succeed  or those who can adapt to systems etc. I don't idolise the man, but respect him because he has both played and managed the game as a winner. 

I am sure you are perfect at your job; just cut the guy some slack, he is a good manager and stop being a total AH! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Strange that you can't read. I'm very thankful, and appreciative. Just not fawning like some here are. It's been done to death, I admire him hugely, ok?

Nope, not good enough, repent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, LC/FC said:

I think the issue is the acrimonious circumstances of his departure. 

Fired because of his son and not because of any failure.

Claudio came and helped us dream so we didn't dwell on it. 

But it did leave a slight bad taste in the mouth of fans and we're all probably just happy for him to just have a chance at the Top, where we feel he actually belongs, even if it is a major rescue operation. 

I'm happy too :) It's just the reactions are too extreme, in much the same way they are about Puel. Nothing is ever so black & white.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Hey I've got it. You're thankful but not fawning.

...So what are you doing in the thread when it clearly has no appeal to you and you're not part of the fawning party when people in here clearly are? 

Or did some part of you need to let others know you don't understand the fawning of the achievements whilst simultaneously being thankful and appreciative of said achievements? 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LC/FC said:

Hey I've got it. You're thankful but not fawning.

...So what are you doing in the thread when it clearly has no appeal to you and you're not part of the fawning party when people in here clearly are? 

Or did some part of you need to let others know you don't understand the fawning of the achievements whilst simultaneously being thankful and appreciative of said achievements? 

Part of the idea of a forum is that we get to comment on what other people say. That might sometimes mean saying something critical. I am sure you can cope with criticism, just as I can.

12 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

You've no idea of football, have you!

NP is a top manager, but needs the right players to succeed  or those who can adapt to systems etc. I don't idolise the man, but respect him because he has both played and managed the game as a winner. 

I am sure you are perfect at your job; just cut the guy some slack, he is a good manager and stop being a total AH! 

What things has he won as a player and manager?

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Part of the idea of a forum is that we get to comment on what other people say. That might sometimes mean saying something critical. I am sure you can cope with criticism, just as I can.

Adding something constructive or deconstructive is usually more useful when making comments. Adds added insight and context to subjects. And I'm not bothered about criticism here. There's none that's here as such about your point of view. I merely clarified all the achievements and merits that Nigel Pearson accomplished while he was manager of our club. 

If what was listed to you doesn't impress you the same way as it has many others here then fair enough.

It's ok that some people just won't understand the behind the scenes work that it takes to achieve what he has. It's fine. Some people think big clubs will always remain big clubs no matter what circumstances happen.