Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

Guest BlueBrett

Happy for him and believe he can keep then up. Think they showed against us that they're not completely hopeless. Granted they presented literally zero attacking threat but they frustrated us until the pen and looked pretty well organised defensively. 

Hopefully he bins Deeney who is probably one of their top earners and gets the backing to sign a couple younger, more dynamic forward players. 

23 minutes ago, Derby Blue said:

The Derby fans have a totally opposite view to us. As I remember, when he was appointed by Derby, he joined a group of prima donnas who thought they were above themselves and it was impossible for him to manage. Let's hope he proves them wrong.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33892-nigel-pearson-favourite-for-the-watford-job/

Derby are on there 4th manager since NP left them. After chucking a considerable amount of money on players they are still no closer to getting promotion than they were 5/6 years ago. 

• Like 1

I'm amazed that fom Belgium 2nd division action, he can be parachuted back into the Prem. That's a right result for Nigel, but slightly shocked he'd be their preferred no.1. If he pulls another great escape off his career will be back on track, however that's one almighty 'IF'!!!

I always liked Nige, so good luck to him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Watford don't even realise what they've got!

He completely transformed and modernised our club from top to bottom by building cutting edge sports science, data analyst, medical and scouting infrastructure.

Why the **** are they moaning? They've just got one of the most progressive and forward-thinking managers in the country.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Watford don't even realise what they've got!

He completely transformed and modernised our club from top to bottom by building cutting edge sports science, data analyst, medical and scouting infrastructure.

Why the **** are they moaning? They've just got one of the most progressive and forward-thinking managers in the country.

Pretty sure Watford already have this. What they need is a coach that can get them some results, and fast. NP won't have 7 months to figure it out this time.

There's an understandable focus on his ups and downs at City and thereafter, but before he joined City he had a short term contract at Southampton and he kept them up.

He has a proven track record at this level no matter what individuals may think of his personal traits and I hope he thrives at Watford, both for his and their sake.

I have a lot of respect for Pearson for what he did for us but I'm not so sure this will work out for Watford. Sometimes a club and a manger just fit. The success we had here was not just Nigel but his background staff as well and once that was broken up he didn't fare so well.

I hope, for Watford's sake, I am wrong but it is possible his time has come and gone. Even though we stayed up in the end the Pearson of that seaon was not the same as the triumphant season before. Pressure seemed to affect him and there were times when he seemed to lose the plot. Some of the football was also pretty turgid (Hull at home for eg).

• Like 1

It's never black and white with managers..(even puel).  I thought niges tactics were poor especially when we came up against savvy managers in the championship.  However his man management and development of vardy esp.. were excellent. I hope he does well.  Shajey too. I am not sure what the problems are at Watford... maybe the squad need freshening up.

It will be great when we play them