Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

1 minute ago, LC/FC said:

And there are plenty of managers that have achieved nothing ever in a playing career. 

Brendan and Jose are 2.

Correct, so the comments made about Nige’s ‘glittering’ playing career has no bearing on his capabilities as a Manager

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 49er said:

Plenty of Managers out there with much more impressive playing careers.

When you consider the other names mentioned were Hughes and Hughton - who have both been serial failures in attempting to turn clubs around, his selection is perfectly understandable. Pearson has three times in his career faced relegation scenarios and not been relegated 

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

Correct, so the comments made about Nige’s ‘glittering’ playing career has no bearing on his capabilities as a Manager

But the question you asked was what has he won as a manager AND a player. 

It had no relation into his capabilites. 

You're conflating 2 different things here as you've never asked him what the correlation was between the 2. Just simply what he won as a manager and a player... And he answered your question. 

• Like 1

Not sure Watford is a good fit for NP. I think he would have been better taking on a job in the Championship, and building a foundation for success like he did with us. We know from Watford's recent history that it'll be a very brief stay if he doesn't start getting results immediately.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

17 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

But the question you asked was what has he won as a manager AND a player. 

It had no relation into his capabilites. 

You're conflating 2 different things here as you've never asked him what the correlation was between the 2. Just simply what he won as a manager and a player... And he answered your question. 

How did he do in belgium? 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s a generation of fans like myself who started watched Leicester when we were totally useless. He firstly regained the pride in supporting the club and then sent us a ride we all enjoyed. 

Nail on head. I'm part of that generation and hero worship Pearson. What a man. Makes sense that older generations don't get it, and I don't care a jot.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

How did he do in belgium? 

1 minute ago, Bonanza said:

I really hope thing work out for him.

Good luck, Nigel!

Speaking of our Belgian friends...

Even they wish him well despite being a failure in an unfamiliar league.

:dunno:

• Like 1

I think the personnel, or at least a base he can work off and sure up in January, is there at Watford. If his management style works for the players and he makes informed signings I think he can turn them round and keep them in the league, their defence is a bit dodge but there’s a lot of attacking options to work with.

We shall see, he needs a good run as he’s running out of lives after derby and OHL

Big challenge and a great opportunity for Nige, good to see it mentioned in places he's got Shakey with him too.

It's not a bad club and you could see talent in their squad the other night, I do think he'll need a centreback to sure them up at least though but with Foster, Doucoure, Periera, Deeney they have somewhat of a backbone, albiet an unfit one right now. There was interest from us in Craig Dawson when Nige was here so maybe he'll ascend into a bigger role and step up.

But an opportunity for Nige to make a name for himself again. Maybe he will cement another successful ethos, maybe he'll just keep them up and join the Premier League manager firefighting service seeing Allardyce, Pulis et al. have fizzled out. Maybe they go down and gets sacked a month into the season. Either way good luck to Watford & NFP.

Hope the local caves of Hertfordshire are soon to be found rich in the rare mineral of staunch Pearsonite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49er said:

Wholeheartedly agree. What great success did he enjoy in the Premier League? He also has some odd personality traits. The teams around Watford must be delighted at Pearson’s appointment. He is ought of his depth.

I really don’t get how any Leicester City supporter can even ask this question? The goal of Watford, like Leicester all those seasons ago is to stay in the division this season.

I am willing to bet 20 quid to either The Foxes Foundation or the UFS TiFo fund that he keeps them up this season. Which looking at the current table would be Premier League success.

• Like 1

Delighted to see him back in the game and at the highest level. I thought he was finished after the Leuven disaster.

Looking forward to seeing his appearances on MOTD and him turning Watford around. It'll be a tough task but he's completed a great escape before!

37 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I think Watford is preparing for life in the Championship, followed by a quick return.

Not before Christmas surely! I know Villa and especially Sheffield Utd have so far surpassed expectation following their respective promotions but there's a long way to go yet. Then again if they're bottom at Christmas then that usually only means one thing. We bucked the trend under Pearson a year before becoming Prem. Champions though of course!!! 

Edited by Guy