Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

51 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

His team talks are exactly how I’d expect them

to be!

Cant help but love the man. Really want him to do well. Still plenty of time before season ends and lots of points to play for. Watford have a decent squad so I can certainly see them getting out of trouble. Its just getting that first win under Pearson. If it comes quickly then the mood in the club will disappear.

Good Luck Nige

Imagine if they go and get a result at Anfield on Saturday, which kick starts a bad run of form for Liverpool.

After all these years he could still inadvertently influence our title chances.

You've been given that job for a reason, Nige.

Bring it home again, daddy.

• Like 3

It will be interesting who Pearson falls out with, there is bound to be someone who he decides to get rid off. My guess would be someone like Holebas. I think he will get the best out of Doucoure and maybe Capoue too. 

it’s going to be difficult to keep them up. His only chance is getting goals out of Deeney or Gray. Keeper, defence and midfield spine is not bad.    

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

It will be interesting who Pearson falls out with, there is bound to be someone who he decides to get rid off. My guess would be someone like Holebas. I think he will get the best out of Doucoure and maybe Capoue too. 

it’s going to be difficult to keep them up. His only chance is getting goals out of Deeney or Gray. Keeper, defence and midfield spine is not bad.    

excited to see if he turns deulofeu into mahrez or he never plays for watford again. can’t imagine it being anything in between. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think he's still well liked by the board here, even after 'the incident' (given that they then trusted him to start off the project at Leuven). Wouldn't be surprised to see us send them someone on loan for PL minutes and development under Nige/Shakey. A half-season for Benkovic, perhaps?

5 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Like Ronnie says, asking a Leicester supporter about Pearson tells you if they know anything about football. He's a middling tactician, a great man manager and an absolutely top tier boss. 

And by that, I mean when he comes in, he has to be the boss. The Derby tenure was so disappointing because I bet he wasn't given the control he needed. He needs absolute control of everything related to the playing side otherwise you might as well not bother hiring him.

Look at us, in his first tenure he built us back to a decent competitive Championship team since we were relegated from the Prem, with average resources at hand. When he came back under Vichai, he gave him the resources, control and most importantly the faith to totally revolutionise the club top to bottom, he completely changed Vichai's and Top's mindset, we've gone from spending the money on expensive duffers to intelligent scouting, splashing out wisely, spearheaded by Pearson & Walsh, and investing the lion's share in our state-of-the-art training facilities, which was spearheaded by Pearson and his Sports Science team.

The fantastic ethos and vision we see in this team now is soaked in his influence, our biggest personalities, Kasper & Vardy, are both Pearson signings and both helped them come to terms with their potential. After a little housekeeping from Puel, it's that vision, that dedication to having elite infrastructure and a reasonating squad spirit that sold Rodgers and has sent us on the trajectory we see now. Rodgers is the man to lead us to fulfill our potential, but Pearson realised it and laid the foundations. 

Pearson himself took a club that had just about survived administration and then suffered two relegations, at the lowest point of our history, and lead us to be League One Champions, to two play-offs, to 100+ points Championship Champions, to survive our first season back in the Premier League in incredible and unseen fashion.

His influence led us to win the Premier League at odds of 5000/1 (with massive plaudits to Mr Ranieri of course) his former assistant under his philosophy took us to a Champions League Quarter Final (we were cheated out of, again!), and that jump in credibility and recognition led us to our current era.

Make no mistake, where we are now is down to Pearson. Rodgers could soon overtake him, depending what we see over the next couple seasons, but make no mistake he's our best manager ever, and anyone who disputes that is an ostrich.

Amen.

Ranieri got the crowning achievement, and did wonderfully, nobody can ever take that away from him or us. In the end though we were only going one way long term under him - backwards, all the way back to the grim days of the 2000s.

Pearson's legacy is the reason we are a top PL club today so I am more grateful to NP in hindsight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Like Ronnie says, asking a Leicester supporter about Pearson tells you if they know anything about football. He's a middling tactician, a great man manager and an absolutely top tier boss. 

And by that, I mean when he comes in, he has to be the boss. The Derby tenure was so disappointing because I bet he wasn't given the control he needed. He needs absolute control of everything related to the playing side otherwise you might as well not bother hiring him.

Look at us, in his first tenure he built us back to a decent competitive Championship team since we were relegated from the Prem, with average resources at hand. When he came back under Vichai, he gave him the resources, control and most importantly the faith to totally revolutionise the club top to bottom, he completely changed Vichai's and Top's mindset, we've gone from spending the money on expensive duffers to intelligent scouting, splashing out wisely, spearheaded by Pearson & Walsh, and investing the lion's share in our state-of-the-art training facilities, which was spearheaded by Pearson and his Sports Science team.

The fantastic ethos and vision we see in this team now is soaked in his influence, our biggest personalities, Kasper & Vardy, are both Pearson signings and both helped them come to terms with their potential. After a little housekeeping from Puel, it's that vision, that dedication to having elite infrastructure and a reasonating squad spirit that sold Rodgers and has sent us on the trajectory we see now. Rodgers is the man to lead us to fulfill our potential, but Pearson realised it and laid the foundations. 

Pearson himself took a club that had just about survived administration and then suffered two relegations, at the lowest point of our history, and lead us to be League One Champions, to two play-offs, to 100+ points Championship Champions, to survive our first season back in the Premier League in incredible and unseen fashion.

His influence led us to win the Premier League at odds of 5000/1 (with massive plaudits to Mr Ranieri of course) his former assistant under his philosophy took us to a Champions League Quarter Final (we were cheated out of, again!), and that jump in credibility and recognition led us to our current era.

Make no mistake, where we are now is down to Pearson. Rodgers could soon overtake him, depending what we see over the next couple seasons, but make no mistake he's our best manager ever, and anyone who disputes that is an ostrich.

I Agree with everything you've said apart from Kasper was singed by Sven not Pearson.

• Like 2

Pearson and Rodgers are similar in how players respect them, they're very astute man managers and how they trust the big characters in the dressing room.

Rodgers is tactically much better than Pearson.

Ranieri and Puel were very different to Pearson and Rodgers in how they view a dressing room but that might be a foreign thing (not a criticism, just an observation, before anyone leaps in)

Ranieri tried to meddle a bit in his first season but he listened and acted. He then meddled in his second season and didn't listen.

Puel, sadly, didn't listen at all.

Watford's performance today was typical of a NP today; the work rate exceeded nearly all games this season. The win could be massive for Warford, giving them confidence - only the third time they have scored two goals this season. I can see them getting at least a point v Sheff Utd in their next game, which would be a good result. NP has given Watford belief they can stay up; although whether they cam make up the points on teams like Southampton - Bournemouth is the other team not in bottom 3 who could be who could be scrapping to avoid relegation

• Like 3