Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

I hope the owners know what they are getting with Pearson, and give him a chance to turn things around, staying up should be a bonus and not a necessity. They should be looking to build for a championship battle... Pearson is the best man for that, and will stabilise them on and off the pitch. 

• Like 1

Ok all seriousness I am shocked that Watford have gone for god. It’s not like them at all. I assume either they have someone very good advising them or their owners have just thought that they need to do something different to what they have been doing over the last few years. 

Needs Shakespeare by his side for this to work, you only have to look at his last two jobs without Shakey too see Pearson struggles on his own. Out of the candidates mentioned Pearson probably is the best man... got a 100% record in relegation scraps as we all very know. Shame really as I wanted Watford to go down. Pearson's certainly got his work cut out there. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

“Until the end of the season”. So Pearson’s on a trial after his Derby and OHL performances. I doubt he’ll get his usual group of helpers alongside him unless Watford extend his contract. Nonetheless, a good chance to get back into management. Glucknige.

Loads of our key players down the years- Schmeichel, Vardy, Morgan, Mahrez- have all said how great he is to work with. If he can get the Watford players with him they've a good chance of staying up because there is enough in the squad to stay up.

Let's hope he avoids any nonsense off the pitch and can be judged as the good manager he is.

• Like 1

I'm sure he'll be given at least until the end of the season. No way can Watford sack their 13th manager in the past ten years, and not their third in an ongoing season.

Expect the Hornets to amass enough 1-0 or 2-1 wins to stay up (by the skin of their teeth). Great Escape, Pt. II.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I can't believe the difference in opinion on him between LCFC fans and the general public. 

In Leicester he has demigod like status, but everyone else in the country thinks he's a weird boring manager who said that thing about ostriches. 

But we've studied his every move and watched his team for six years. I'm sure if you asked QPR and Cardiff fans about Neil Warnock they'd give you a different answer to us and most other sets of fans. We think Holloway was a clown but Blackpool fans no doubt adore him.

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

“Until the end of the season”. So Pearson’s on a trial after his Derby and OHL performances. I doubt he’ll get his usual group of helpers alongside him unless Watford extend his contract. Nonetheless, a good chance to get back into management. Glucknige.

Last time Nigel saved a club from relegation (at our expense *sigh*) they didn't keep him... And the rest is history.

Look where Southampton are compared to us now and what could have possibly been for them.

So if they don't keep him, the next club after will probably be revolutionised.