Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

Good luck to np and to Watford.  Moves strength is assembling a squad of players prepared to improve.... and toss out the big time Charlies.

I wonder though if their squad is too poor to survive.... I guess we're going to find out.

We're focusing on bigger things now... and while nigel isn't for us I look forward to seeing his white trainers pitch side

@Super_horns I think this is a very good appointment for Watford, and makes way more sense than many of the appointments the club has made in the past. Your current situation is dire, but Pearson I think gives you some kind of shot of staying up, and yet if it's already too late also makes you competitive in the Championship. I also think he will sort out the culture at the club, as I think too many players go hiding and let Gracia down who was probably the best manager you had for a while and who should have been better supported over the summer, especially defensively.

The only issue is that this will take time and it may already be too late. But I think he's a much better appointment than an unknown European coach or say someone like Hughton. Allardyce may have been better for staying up this season but I think wouldn't be right longer term. It could of course all go wrong, but I think he will do better than Flores just did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

So, are we airbrushing out all his jobs following Leicester? Just want to make sure I follow the party line

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

No - we're just hoping he does better, now, again, for Watford's sake, at least...

Im gonna have to disagree with pippa andadvise you that the answer to your question is a resounding yes.

Plus he's still Leicester on tour. Kept derby down longer, kept the belgian tram as no more than a hobby for top, and now ready to take out liverpool and watford for us.

Gwon nige

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I loved NP when he was with us, but this adoration of him is very strange indeed.

Wholeheartedly agree. What great success did he enjoy in the Premier League? He also has some odd personality traits. The teams around Watford must be delighted at Pearson’s appointment. He is ought of his depth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2