Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

The difference a manager makes is huge. Rodgers is very good, Lennon isn't. One attracted Liverpool's attention, then has given a provincial team a footing in the top six in two years.

The other was picked up by Championship strugglers.

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Lennon is weird man, I follow Hibs and he did a semi-reasonable job there but there was always the feeling things could blow up at any given moment under him. I don't think he keeps a lid on stuff all that well.

I really don't like saying it because I loved Lennon as a player for us, he was a massive loss when he went but just don't rate him as a manager, although he's had some shocking experiences in Scotland during his time which must've affected him enormously.

36 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hibs have Hibsed two cup semis both in manners only they could, **** me man. 

I have a lot of time for Hibs, I know a few Hibees and they are sound, and of course Hibs have the best fans song of all.

Having said all that, it tickles me that the phrase "to Hibs it" is pretty widely understood. lol

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I have a lot of time for Hibs, I know a few Hibees and they are sound, and of course Hibs have the best fans song of all.

Having said all that, it tickles me that the phrase "to Hibs it" is pretty widely understood. lol

Aha man, I'm only a fan through football manager games when I was 11/12 or so but they're comfortably my "second team" (hate that phrase). Doesn't seem like the natives are happy with Ross whatsoever. 

Like slapping on the 2016 rendition of Sunshine on Leith every now and then and by Christ I wish we had something like that, I know When You're Smiling is great but it doesn't quite have those peaks

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I know When You're Smiling is great but it doesn't quite have those peaks

You only say that because we have to else a swarm of keyboard warriors call us out. It's shit. It's always been shit and always will be shit. It's not an anthem, it's not anthemic, people who insist it is or can be are football fans first and musicians a distant second and that's fine, different strokes for different folks.

But there's a huge lack of appreciation for the power of a good hook. 

And christ the hook in Sunshine on Leith is legendary. I'm so jealous. The absolute power you get to belt out in WHYYYYYYYYUUUUULLL UM WUUURRRRTH, MA ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM ON THUS UUUUURRRRRRRRRTH. Chills. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Such a shame fans won't be allowed in for a St Johnstone v Livingston/ St Mirren cup final.

I actually wouldn't mind going further back in the queue for a jab in order to allow them to vaccinate a few fans to get in and watch it.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

You only say that because we have to else a swarm of keyboard warriors call us out. It's shit. It's always been shit and always will be shit. It's not an anthem, it's not anthemic, people who insist it is or can be are football fans first and musicians a distant second and that's fine, different strikes for different folks.

But there's a huge lack of appreciation for the power of a good hook. 

And christ the hook in Sunshine on Leith is legendary. I'm so jealous. The absolute power you get to belt out in WHYYYYYYYYUUUUULLL UM WUUURRRRTH, MA ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM ON THUS UUUUURRRRRRRRRTH. Chills. 

Isn't it weird that the better fan songs and the ones that stick are sung quite slowly and not always upbeat?

SOL, YNWA, Greasy Chip Butty.

Leicester City should dump WYS and adopt a slow song and make it our own.

Every Day Is Like Sunday

or

Creep

Or this: