Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

22 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

When they won the European Cup Winners Cup in 1972, in Barcelona, they went on a spree of destruction, starting inside the ground, that got so bad John Greig was presented with the trophy in the dressing room. After that they went and tracked down chapels and started smashing them up. The end result being they got banned from Europe for two years and couldn't defend their own trophy.

When they next visited Barcelona some years laters they disgraced themselves on a smaller scale again, so much so that the mayor of Barcelona said that the other citizens of Glasgow should get a medal just for having to share the same city as them.

Manchester, they're next European final after Barcelona, they absolutely wreck the place and embaress the whole of Scotland. All because a big screen stopped working apparently.

Now after winning "55" they desecrate their own city, damaging it, disrespecting themselves and embaressing everyone again.

Stands shut in recent years in Europe due to racism, going to Israel and being caught doing Nazi salutes.

As Ian Archer once said, a permanent embaressment and an occassional disgrace.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/all-sports/would-scotland-miss-rangers_sto4706809/story.shtml

Come on mate, it's understandable you're not going to have a good word to say about Rangers but every side has 'supporters' that have let their club down over the years. Celtic are certainly no different.

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Come on mate, it's understandable you're not going to have a good word to say about Rangers but every side has 'supporters' that have let their club down over the years. Celtic are certainly no different.

Of course they do, there is a small minority with most clubs. Rangers supporters consistently let their side down and disgrace themselves though, on another level to most clubs. Your not telling me what I listed there is the norm for most clubs?

Returning to Manchester and not being allowed to enter the city and being herded in the JJB stadium before and after their fixture is not the norm for any club. That's just one example of many.

I actually have a few close friends that are Rangers fans and I feel sorry for them when you see those types of fan let down by what seems their moronic majority.

22 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I love this:

lol

Reminds me of when their fans managed to convince SSN that they had signed a player called Yerda Sellsavon (yer Da sells Avon) to the point it was on the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen. 

• Haha 3

Che Adams set to be called up to the Scotland squad today. 

Beyond excited. The striker position is by far our weakest beside the RB position so this could make a huge differance. 

If only we could convince Karlan Grant, Ryan Frederick's and Angus Gunn too  we would be massively improved. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Che Adams set to be called up to the Scotland squad today. 

Beyond excited. The striker position is by far our weakest beside the RB position so this could make a huge differance. 

If only we could convince Karlan Grant, Ryan Frederick's and Angus Gunn too  we would be massively improved. 

Great to see a local lad doing well. It's best he plays for Scotland, he isn't gonna get called up for England, even if he was in a good patch of form as he doesn't really play for a big club. I can't believe he's 24 years old btw, I'm getting old.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Great to see a local lad doing well. It's best he plays for Scotland, he isn't gonna get called up for England, even if he was in a good patch of form as he doesn't really for a big club. I can't believe he's 24 years old btw, I'm getting old.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that he was 24 too. I seem to remember he was a highly rated youngster. 

Its a wise decision for him. He's now went from a player nowhere near consideration for England to Scotlands main man up top. 

We convinced Lyndon Dykes to play for us recently and it went well but he isn't near the quality of Adams and we have now massively improved our squad. 

• Like 1

On 08/03/2021 at 22:53, Muzzy_Larsson said:

When they won the European Cup Winners Cup in 1972, in Barcelona, they went on a spree of destruction, starting inside the ground, that got so bad John Greig was presented with the trophy in the dressing room. After that they went and tracked down chapels and started smashing them up. The end result being they got banned from Europe for two years and couldn't defend their own trophy.

When they next visited Barcelona some years laters they disgraced themselves on a smaller scale again, so much so that the mayor of Barcelona said that the other citizens of Glasgow should get a medal just for having to share the same city as them.

Manchester, they're next European final after Barcelona, they absolutely wreck the place and embaress the whole of Scotland. All because a big screen stopped working apparently.

Now after winning "55" they desecrate their own city, damaging it, disrespecting themselves and embaressing everyone again.

Stands shut in recent years in Europe due to racism, going to Israel and being caught doing Nazi salutes.

As Ian Archer once said, a permanent embaressment and an occassional disgrace.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/all-sports/would-scotland-miss-rangers_sto4706809/story.shtml

There us just something your forgetting..The English are/have   that on a National scale Now for years....

Uand it has to be said...Not just Football fans...Some Holidaying-groups haven t covered their Visits with Roses...

On 16/03/2021 at 20:38, Fox92 said:

He doesn't say Celtic...Terrible Headline taking his words out of context....

obvious it "also" would mean it would be relevant to Celtic....

Rodgers discusses humility. and where or in what situation it should be shown, even to a point it being a Natural automatic expected process....

We have become so cynical & snidey, we make up, create or look for shit in even  our Normal discussions actions & Everyday situations....

and Then & bend it,to fit the agenda....

The World we Live in, is Making everybody into Wannabe Hardliner headline Chasing pundits, or Social commentators...Its immature its sick..!!

No BS right of opinion or go hiding behind its "only a joke" ,..gives this sort of view prevalance....

Ffs lets get back to the Good old fisherwives days & Les Dawson over the neighbours fence antics...They were more honest & humerous..!!

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

He doesn't say Celtic...Terrible Headline taking his words out of context....

obvious it "also" would mean it would be relevant to Celtic....

Rodgers discusses humility. and where or in what situation it should be shown, even to a point it being a Natural automatic expected process....

We have become so cynical & snidey, we make up, create or look for shit in even  our Normal discussions actions & Everyday situations....

and Then & bend it,to fit the agenda....

The World we Live in, is Making everybody into Wannabe Hardliner headline Chasing pundits, or Social commentators...Its immature its sick..!!

No BS right of opinion or go hiding behind its "only a joke" ,..gives this sort of view prevalance....

Ffs lets get back to the Good old fisherwives days & Les Dawson over the neighbours fence antics...They were more honest & humerous..!!

It's one of the biggest derbies in the World so it's obvious what he meant and what the media were doing.

Only a light hearted post by me.

22 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Is it just me who thinks guard of honours are lame?  I don't blame any team not giving them, I can't imagine the players want to have them either.

It does Show neanderthal Media & fans, Some People still have respect for others achievements..!!

If will help the immature players,who have no life's perspective....That respect to ones peers is something to value..

oh I Dont believe Athletes or Players are so narrow minded ,and take a different view...I know I ,with others did...