Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

Rodgers makes hard work of winning a title against a club that had Michael Beale in charge for months and naturally all the claims about him being elite resurface.

33 minutes ago, Corky said:

Rodgers makes hard work of winning a title against a club that had Michael Beale in charge for months and naturally all the claims about him being elite resurface.

Rangers have giftwrapped the title this season. They've not showed up to one of the 732 games against Celtic this season.

Even against 10 men that weren't trying to score - Celtic still managed to make hard work of it. Classic Rodgers. I still hold hope that they'll fold and lose the next 2 lol

Fireworks started going off around Glasgow already.

Celtic need a point, are 5-0 up with a few minutes left.

The lowest of bars for Brendan to get over, but he did so.

I'm sorry but Celtic winning the Scottish League is not an achievement. If someone else were to win it that would be an amazing achievement but they are essentially in a one team league. Yes Rangers ran them close but are no where near the level of Celtic. They are a massive fish in an extremely small pond. What is the point exactly when there is no credible opposition and you can walk the title every year. Pathetic League.

Job done for Celtic but they made heavy weather of it. 

Their fans will want some tangible progress in Europe next season. 

Ultimately they live and die by being the best team in Glasgow every season. 

Not sure it's a pathetic league, but so be it. 

10 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Congrats to Brendan on another title. For all the things he's been accuses of on here, he hasn't half won some trophies.

Yeah, in a lower standard of football. Scottish football is only a two horse race and has been for years.

14 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Job done for Celtic but they made heavy weather of it. 

Their fans will want some tangible progress in Europe next season. 

Ultimately they live and die by being the best team in Glasgow every season. 

Not sure it's a pathetic league, but so be it. 

It's not, most leagues have a couple of teams that dominate.

The fact that Scotland with a population of what 6 million?  Can have two huge clubs and plenty of others that have the potential to be big clubs is pretty incredible.  Add to this the fanbase that I believe get more to games per capita than pretty much any other country.  And when the OF meet the atmosphere can rival anywhere in the world.

Pretty damn impressive for such a 'small' country if you ask me.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

St Johnstone save themselves and Ross will play Raith in the play off final .

I think most fans would have preferred Ross County to stay up rather than St J. 

A day out in Dingwall trumps a trip to  Mcdermid Park. 

Saying that, I'd like Raith to beat Ross C in the play off. 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2024 at 13:03, leicsmac said:

Pretty much.

8pslj3.jpg

Are you saying that Celtic fans aren't sectarian? (Though I guess Catholics would argue it's all other religions that are sects.)

Honestly, I find this whole who you support depends on your religion thing in Scotland quite bizarre. Hearts and Hibs is the Edinburgh variety. No idea if it also goes for Dundee and Dundee United.

35 minutes ago, Corky said:

What are the best and worst trips/ grounds in Scotland?

I've always wanted to go to Cally Thistle's ground. It's right next to the Kessock Bridge over the Moray Firth.

Been to Inverness a lot and I can remember their old ground, which most English non-league teams would turn their noses up at.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Are you saying that Celtic fans aren't sectarian? (Though I guess Catholics would argue it's all other religions that are sects.)

Honestly, I find this whole who you support depends on your religion thing in Scotland quite bizarre. Hearts and Hibs is the Edinburgh variety. No idea if it also goes for Dundee and Dundee United.

Not at all, they really are - the whole rivalry still has seriously heavy hints of it, both sides.

It was more a comment on the, yes, wannabe Orangemen that seem to turn out every OF derby with their #GSTK hashtags and pseudo-Loyalist bollocks rhetoric despite mostly never having been within 20 miles of Glasgow. Deeply annoying.

But yes, it's just one part of the overall picture, just the one that personally irks me the most.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 19/05/2024 at 17:52, Corky said:

What are the best and worst trips/ grounds in Scotland?

Inverness CT and Ross County are loooong, trips but I like their grounds, the people are friendly, and if you are making a trip of it and the weather's nice, it's glorious.  The Inverness young team trying to pump the atmosphere made the crowd sound like a schoolboy international 

I liked Alloa and Arbroath - small grounds, sections of the home crowd moved places within the ground at half time, my mate had a pie in a cob at Alloa which was cheap and, he says, delicious.

Always had a soft spot for Somerset Park in Dumfries (Queen Of The South) - park in nearby residential streets, walk round the ground, good pie at half time, good view, nice folk.

I liked Hearts, Dunfermline and Kilmarnock away.

On the bad side, Dundee United had awful facilities for away fans, Dundee FC's ground always leaves me asking why they designed it like that and their fans were feral little scrotes.

I've had to clap to keep the circulation going and stay alive at Aberdeen's Pittodrie when it's cold and the wind is coming in from the North East and the away fans are in an exposed bit of the ground.

Didn't much like Clyde in Cumbernauld, it was fairly empty and fairly dead, it's on the edge of a new town, with not much around it.

Worst of all would be Falkirk FC. Their old ground Brockville was a shithole, often called "Shockville". Their (2004 so now not so) new ground is a three-sided stadium. The "missing"  side faces the petrochemical dystopian nightmare that is Grangemouth. Smell that air.  The fans seemed to hate their own team and the people in charge of the PA system misjudged the depressing atmosphere, somewhat.

Edited by Vacamion
Spello