Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
everton carr

BDO Darts World Championship 2020

A Google search of "BDO Darts" and then a look at news articles over the last 2 months is very worrying. It appears it is pretty much all over. The World Darts Federation (WDF) doesn't even recognise BDO anymore as a governing body. It is sad but I'm sure most of us know that BDO has been badly run for years. If they do go under then I hope something is done to provide that bridge between the amateur level and the top of the game. BDO has been a good place for players in their early careers to gain experience before moving to the PDC.  

Edited by ThingsCouldGetMessi
  • Like 1

Watched the parletti game against the dutcman and that was really good.The problem with the BDO is the PDC have everything for people to get into darts now(just signed my lad up to the JDC),Then it's the developement tour and the Pro Tour.(hopefully)!:please:I can see why people wouldn't want to test themselve's against the best in the PDC,Scott Mitchell as an example who has a farm and i suppose it's a big gamble to go full time when you have a steady income from somewhere else..Feel a bit sorry for the BDO players,seems the organization have let them down.

Edited by PAULCFC

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Why did they move from Lakeside? Was the move part of the nail n the coffin?

delusions of grandeur. think it wasn't long ago that barry hearn said that some of the top dogs at the BDO still thought they were capable of competing with the PDC. 

beau greaves was alright last night. interesting to see what happens to her. surely she isn't actually 15 though. 

3 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Knew it wouldnt take long for the clowns to show up. 

Go on then, impress us all with your 3 Dart average fella? 

Do you have to have top skills on the oche to be allowed a view on this forum darts?

I can't belt out a tune but I found The Masked Singer to be painful and awful. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Do you have to have top skills on the oche to be allowed a view on this forum darts?

Was going to say something similar. I never see people making that arguement on here or elsewhere, regarding any other sport. A lot of people on here call other football, cricket, rugby etc teams, or even just specific players shit. And then tennis players, boxers etc get called shit, but there is never anyone going "oh yeah show me your cricket YouTube video of you bowling a double hatrick over then!". BDO is lower quality than PDC. Its plain to see. A lot of darts fans want entertainment. PDC provides that. Yes BDO does too but it's not such a high level. I myself am happy to watch both, but I always watch the PDC world champs start to finish, the BDO I watch if I see is it on and I've got nothing else to do. Tbh I watched it more when it was on BBC, moving from there ****ed them a lot.

You can think its shit when there is a higher quality alternative to watch. You dont have to be bloody Gary Anderson to say the BDO is shit. I think plenty of teams are shit at football, but that doesn't mean I'm any good at football; tbh i played CB as a kid and scored more own goals than I prevented.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Absolutely anybody is allowed to have whatever opinion they like, I was just disagreeing with it and still find it bemusing that people take the piss out of it at any opportunity and slate it yet continue to watch it hour after hour.. Bizarre for me, but like others it's just my opinion. 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Banged some of this on yesterday, it just doesn't feel right.

Feels like it's being played in some back room of a pub, so many empty seats and it looks like they can't even afford Winmau Dart boards this year.

Apparently they sold 15% of the tickets and have lost a load of sponsors as a result of them viewing the BDO as  a “toxic” organisation.