Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

Well the Express yesterday were linking him to Man U..... Sounds to me like an agent is getting busy. Doubt Rodgers would derail the Celtic train and his rep with them further by signing him in January.

I also watch his highlights and an soooo unsure how good he really is - so hard to tell comparatively how good someone will be in the EPL whilst viewing their SPL show reel...

From the Daily Star too; 

Brendan Rodgers is reportedly preparing a £30m offer to lure Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard to Leicester City .

Rodgers left Celtic Park to join the Foxes towards the end of last season and has since transformed them in a short space of time.

Leicester sit second in the Premier League table at the turn of the year, above the likes of Manchester City , Tottenham , and Chelsea .

Edouard has evolved into one of the most deadly strikers in Scotland since he was signed by Rodgers in 2018 after an initial loan move.

He has bagged a nice 51 goals in 112 games for the Hoops in all competitions and his form has attracted the interest of some top clubs.

And according to the Daily Record , Rodgers wants to reunite with the Frenchman by bringing him to the King Power Stadium.

But he will wait until the end of the season to try to land the 21-year-old as Celtic eye a ninth successive Scottish Premiership title.

Rodgers has been advised his old club have no intention of allowing their talismanic striker to leave at any price this month.

The Leicester boss has taken this on board and is willing to wait until the end of the season.

The report adds that any club interested in Edouard would have to start negotiations at no less than £30m for boss Neil Lennon to even consider talks.

Rodgers raved about Edouard's ability after his permanent signing in a £10m deal in 2018.

At the time, he said: "Odsonne’s a game-changer. No question. He’s a wonderful player.

Leicester's Rodgers sends Celtic message
"He’s already shown that — speed, intelligence, power at all the levels and the finishing.

“He can occupy defences, and he’s got a lot of tools in his locker with a lot more development to come.

“You can’t deny Edouard’s ability. He’s been questioned since he came here, but I’ve always said what a huge talent he is.

“For us to get him for the money we did was a snip, really. I don’t set the price, I don’t get involved in that.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-star-odsonne-edouard-a-21236216

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn`t el bufalo a more suitable (yet considerably more worrying) shout?

Morelos is a good player there is no getting away from that and I know there’ll be an inherent bias within me but bei big as objective as possible I have doubts over his ability to score goals in the EPL. First off he’s a headcase, he has serious disciplinary issues and will invariably get himself sent off when wound up. Think he was sent off 5 times last season and he’s been off twice this season and probably should have had another red he got away with.

Casting the disciplinary stuff to the side, he’s a very good instinctive finisher but when he’s given too much time he sclaffs and snatches at a lot. He seems to need a lot of chances to score and I’d have concerns in the EPL that with chances at much more of a premium he’d struggle to score regularly. I’ve not looked at the conversion stats but I’d be amazed if Edouard doesn’t knock him out the park in terms of chance conversion, which conversely I’d say is one of Edouard’s biggest strengths, he’s cool as ice in front of goal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

@henrik_62 Not leaving mid season is he? Also feel free to pass your thoughts about The Daily Record....:ph34r:

I don’t think there is anyway he’d be sold mid season, this season of all seasons when we are on the cusp o 9IAR and have a credible title challenge on our hands for the first time in years. Nor do I think Rodgers would rock the boat on this one, think he’d be happy to wait until the summer.

The daily record is a gutter rag so typically I’d take anything they write with a pinch of salt. However Rodgers is a huge admirer of Eddy so I can see there being truth in this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Morelos is a good player there is no getting away from that and I know there’ll be an inherent bias within me but bei big as objective as possible I have doubts over his ability to score goals in the EPL. First off he’s a headcase, he has serious disciplinary issues and will invariably get himself sent off when wound up. Think he was sent off 5 times last season and he’s been off twice this season and probably should have had another red he got away with.

Casting the disciplinary stuff to the side, he’s a very good instinctive finisher but when he’s given too much time he sclaffs and snatches at a lot. He seems to need a lot of chances to score and I’d have concerns in the EPL that with chances at much more of a premium he’d struggle to score regularly. I’ve not looked at the conversion stats but I’d be amazed if Edouard doesn’t knock him out the park in terms of chance conversion, which conversely I’d say is one of Edouard’s biggest strengths, he’s cool as ice in front of goal.

Even spending a couple of minutes looking, you see his disciplinary record is not bad, its shocking :o

Snog, Marry, Avoid

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Rugani and Edouard feels like Lee Congerton not what has got us this far.

Why? (Just curious, do they seem too "big" ?)

Do Jarrod Bowen and Ben White seem more "Leicester" ?

Edited by Dahnsouff

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why? (Just curious, do they seem too "big" ?)

Do Jarrod Bowen and Ben White seem more "Leicester" ?

Ben White maybe, I'm not keen on Bowen at all. Rodgers has said previously he's not looking for a target man though which I'm assuming Edouard is

Does not seem like a target man, physique may suggest it is the case, but seems a finisher, one that should be ungainly maybe, but seems decent.

Then again if I was a scout I would have been sacked yonks ago. Anything from Celtic will be labelled as a "That twat Congerton" signing though

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Ben White maybe, I'm not keen on Bowen at all. Rodgers has said previously he's not looking for a target man though which I'm assuming Edouard is

Nah he’s not a target man at all, obviously not comparing him here but in style he’s like Thierry Henry, a striker who comes in off the left.