Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

City 1-1 Villa - Post Match

9 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

The major difference between them is that Maddison doesn’t have to do it on his own, whereas if Grealish doesn’t contribute, then they’ve got nothing else! He was good at getting them up the pitch first half and slowing us down by getting fouled’, but the stats from last night don’t lie

Yeah ... I have to say at this moment in time, after having watched Villa and Grealish quite a lot of games for a while, Grealish is a more accomplished player than Maddison. Grealish does need to do it all on his own. He has a better shot and his final ball is better quality. Despite his teammates being poor, Grealish has shone. It is just what it is if I am not biased.

Also, Grealish has a maturity about him. He had his youthful troubles offfield a few years ago. Then Villa went down and he stuck with them in the Championship despite clearly being a class above the rest and above average EPL quality. He helped Villa to get back up. I think it says a lot about his loyalty and it was great character development. I wont give him much stick.

Edited by Tom12345

5 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

I’d have taken a draw before kick off. We have the second best away record in the league, we won easily at Villa Park in December. Our style is better suited to soaking up more pressure as you do away from home. BR is still learning about his players and the mix of the team.

I think that was one of the problems. They knew they couldn’t go toe to toe and learnt from that. They played anti football and got the result.

33 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah ... I have to say at this moment in time, after having watched Villa and Grealish quite a lot of games for a while, Grealish is a more accomplished player than Maddison. Grealish does need to do it all on his own. He has a better shot and his final ball is better quality. Despite his teammates being poor, Grealish has shone. It is just what it is if I am not biased.

Also, Grealish has a maturity about him. He had his youthful troubles offfield a few years ago. Then Villa went down and he stuck with them in the Championship despite clearly being a class above the rest and above average EPL quality. He helped Villa to get back up. I think it says a lot about his loyalty and it was great character development. I wont give him much stick.

I’d give Maddison the edge currently, purely because he has done it for 18months at the top level, and has kicked in again this year. He’s a year younger, and had an outstanding season with Norwich to get his move here. I can’t say I’ve watched Grealish up close regularly, but he is undoubtedly a talent. Put them both in the same team and you’d be laughing. Southgate won’t do it though. On current form, Mount should be the one to miss out on the squad for the Euros, but it won’t happen 

13 hours ago, MPH said:

you are simply deluded and an attention seeker.  no other words for it.

You are the only one who is focussing on me. A quick check of your posts recently compared to mine seems to show that you post a lot more and so much of it argumentative even bringing your "cute" 2 year old daughter into an argument to counter someone's unpopular opinion about flying in planes! 

31 minutes ago, FIF said:

You are the only one who is focussing on me. A quick check of your posts recently compared to mine seems to show that you post a lot more and so much of it argumentative even bringing your "cute" 2 year old daughter into an argument to counter someone's unpopular opinion about flying in planes! 

u always seem to get people’s back up ...

just cos you live in France you don’t have to behave like a local  😂

27 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They both had different roles to play for their teams. Comparing any statistics between Grealish and Maddison is about as useful as comparing Vardy and Mings stats and drawing conclusions.

Villa had move to Grealish out of the centre of midfield because it was waning his influence on games. They’ve put him on the left wing in same way we were using Maddison in August. 

I don't like Grealish the person but I've been really impressed with his play this season. He was good last year but he's stepped up massively in the prem and he's captaining and leading the side even though he's really just a kid. I don't think he's as good as Maddison but he is a big step up from Youri and would look great in our lineup with Madderz Wilf/Hamza and Vardy there to take the opposition's focus away from him. He is carrying Villa. there is no way we get him but I expect Manure or another of the big 6 to sign him in the summer. He'd transform Manure in a way that Pogba can't.

55 minutes ago, FIF said:

that’s because most people have u on ignore lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

that’s because most people have u on ignore lol

:yawn:

Stick to the subject and leave the personal remarks out.

Edited by Guest

I guess now Sky can’t flog Maddison in this window, they’ve decided to pit him against his mate. They’re both number 10’s but I wouldn’t say they were that similar at all really. Maybe if Grealish stayed on his feet for more than 5 minutes I might be more impressed because I wasn’t on Wednesday night.