Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

City 1-1 Villa - Post Match

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And everyone is wanking off Grealish. 

I don’t get it either I know I’m bias but Come on really? 

It had been billed as the battle of the number 10s and if you were to peruse the stats from the Carabao Cup semi-final first leg between Leicester and Aston Villa then it would be easy to convince yourself James Maddison had won the contest. He had eight shots. Jack Grealish had none. He created more chances and had twice as many touches.

But it was the Aston Villa captain whose class shone through.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11904200/jack-grealish-showing-his-class-at-aston-villa-and-hes-getting-better

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, burleighfox said:

Yeah I saw that, but I still personally didn't see him battling a bit more when we needed it or making one or two questionable decisions. Just an opinion.

Fair enough. There was a couple of occasions where he ended up the edge of his own box making tackles last night in the first half, came very deep at times to get the ball. Just shows how pivotal Wilf is to our midfield and the importance of Hamza starting in his absence 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It had been billed as the battle of the number 10s and if you were to peruse the stats from the Carabao Cup semi-final first leg between Leicester and Aston Villa then it would be easy to convince yourself James Maddison had won the contest. He had eight shots. Jack Grealish had none. He created more chances and had twice as many touches.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11904200/jack-grealish-showing-his-class-at-aston-villa-and-hes-getting-better

What the **** is that lmao

Don't see how anyone could have watched that game and have come to the conclusion that Grealish had the better game.

My first game of the season due to work and not being able to get tickets and before anyone slates me been going down since I was 12 anyway game was very flat why oh why 3 at the back when they didn’t play a striker chilwell very poor don’t remember him trying to take on his man and cross loads better after subs came on what has Ian nacho got to do to game regular game time also thought vardy wasn’t match fit

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

The major difference between them is that Maddison doesn’t have to do it on his own, whereas if Grealish doesn’t contribute, then they’ve got nothing else! He was good at getting them up the pitch first half and slowing us down by getting fouled’, but the stats from last night don’t lie

Just now, simon789us said:

My first game of the season due to work and not being able to get tickets and before anyone slates me been going down since I was 12 anyway game was very flat why oh why 3 at the back when they didn’t play a striker chilwell very poor don’t remember him trying to take on his man and cross loads better after subs came on what has Ian nacho got to do to game regular game time also thought vardy wasn’t match fit

And breathe. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Fair enough. There was a couple of occasions where he ended up the edge of his own box making tackles last night in the first half, came very deep at times to get the ball. Just shows how pivotal Wilf is to our midfield and the importance of Hamza starting in his absence 

I think for me he is just a frustrating figure at times, no denying his ability but it seems to always have to be about the spectacular and the stylish when sometimes you could do with a more straightforward and gritty approach, almost like a Grealish (sorry to bring him up again!) type.  

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Found the line up very strange. Unfortunately Brendan got it quite badly wrong and not for the first time in a big game. Getting a bit frustrated with seemingly trying to nullify the opposition when the stakes are high, rather than trying to impose our game on them. 

Yep. How many times has it happened now? United away, Spurs at home (although he changed to the diamond at HT), Man City away, Liverpool at home and now Villa at home. I'm very concerned that he'll never get it right in the big games, as he doesn't seem to be learning.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The only time Grealish stood out for me was when he was the floor. I went "oh there's Grealish expletive expletive". I don't see why the press are fawning over him? Did he really do that much? 

Definitely had a decent game, not world beating as it is being portrayed. As you say, seems to be on the floor a lot; think he revels in being something of a pantomime 

2 minutes ago, burleighfox said:

I think for me he is just a frustrating figure at times, no denying his ability but it seems to always have to be about the spectacular and the stylish when sometimes you could do with a more straightforward and gritty approach, almost like a Grealish (sorry to bring him up again!) type.  

I can see what you mean. I think he’s staying on his feet more this year and stronger this season than last, and will actually put a tackle in this term! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

To the Sky Sports reporter,;

IMG_20200109_125142.jpg.696e85337f1567ac20b316113991bf16.jpg

Edited by Koke

Everytime I see Grealish play he's always on the floor complaining either having went down from the slightest of touches or diving for a free kick. 

Undoubtedly though anything good that villa create stems from him.

58 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And everyone is wanking off Grealish. 

I’m personally fine with that. The media (I’m looking at you Sky) wazzing over Grealish means they’ll leave Maddison alone for a bit.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

If you mean that I don't mind disagreeing with the the follish masses - yeah. ;)

Better midfielders than our record signing this season:

Maddison

N'Didi

Choudhury

Praet

Mendy

Gray

Barnes

probably Albrighton too.

Tielemans was great last season but anyone who thinks he hasn't been substandard this season is fooling themselves. He has been the weak link in the team. With his performances of last season we'd be challenging Liverpool and 4 up in the League cup semis.

no, i genuinely mean you make yourself look daft by suggesting players like Mendy, Albrighton and Gray  are better than tielemens .  

Would argue a few more but for you to suggest  those 3 is just laughable. 

4 minutes ago, Katy said:

I’m personally fine with that. The media (I’m looking at you Sky) wazzing over Grealish means they’ll leave Maddison alone for a bit.

Listening to Clinton Morrison last night and he said Grealish needs to move to “a top 4 club” technically that’s us 😝 and he then went onto say Maddison should leave us (a top 4 club) and move to Man Utd who aren’t a top 4 club 😂 

Im not sure of the relevance of this to anything!!

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Listening to Clinton Morrison last night and he said Grealish needs to move to “a top 4 club” technically that’s us 😝 and he then went onto say Maddison should leave us (a top 4 club) and move to Man Utd who aren’t a top 4 club 😂 

Im not sure of the relevance of this to anything!!

Other than no one should ever take any notice of what Clinton Morrison says 😂

• Like 1

Particularly enjoyed the incident about 20 mins from the end where Evans pursued Grealish for about 60 metres (and 10 seconds) across the pitch, being sure not to intrude on Grealish’s metre-radius safe space he has around him. Eventually Evans let his concentration slip, got within 99cm and down went Grealish for surely the most predictable free kick in the history of football.

The most disappointing thing from last night is not putting the tie to bed against an absolute pub team. Let's be clear, they are dog dirt awful, time wasting and paring the bus fro the first minute.

So frustrating pinning them in their own half for 60 odd minutes with only a draw to show for it. Plus the 3 minutes added time was a joke. Their keeper took 30 seconds for every goal kick and we had 11 corners.

As for Grealish he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. His first thought is 'how can i initiate contact with a player so i can go down?' rather than thinking what to do with the ball. At 24 there's a reason he's still playing for them and that's because he's not good enough. Wouldn't have him here.

They got away with it last night and we shouldn't be letting them off the hook so lightly on the 28th if we're on our game.