Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free Scarves For LCFC Supporters Travelling To Aston Villa

Leicester City supporters travelling to Villa Park for the second leg of our Carabao Cup Semi-Final can claim a free LCFC scarf for the trip across the Midlands.
- Leicester City to issue complimentary scarves to all fans making the trip to Aston Villa
- The Foxes take on the Villans in a Carabao Cup Semi-Final second leg tie at the end of January
- A scarf collection point will be set up at the West Ham game

The Foxes take on Aston Villa on Tuesday 28 January (7:45pm kick-off), with a free scarf on offer for every fan with a valid away match ticket. 

The Club is unable to leave the scarves on allocated seats at Villa Park, so they will need to be collected ahead of the fixture. 

A collection point will be set up on the day of the West Ham United game (Wednesday 22 January, 7:30pm kick-off) in the bag drop area, located in the east corner of King Power Stadium.

It will be open from 3pm until kick-off and will reopen for 45 minutes after the final whistle.

For those not attending the West Ham fixture, the free scarves can also be collected from the bag drop area on Thursday 23 January from 12pm-6pm.

A valid away match ticket and ID will need to be presented on collection. 

*All times GMT.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1564982/free-scarves-for-lcfc-supporters-travelling-to-aston-villa?fbclid=IwAR2-9cd3dnhZCj-aK8gDl55Z_y1OZfo25sECeC7fDI9EKAX_zkbQKDAIEsc

7 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I’m hearing that they are going to try catch re-sellers , apparently villa haven’t said NO ! 

Was actually my 1st thought and I raised the possibility in our whsts app group.

Great way to cross ref tickets.

1 hour ago, Munshi said:

If Villa haven’t said no then that’s just unnecessarily long from the club to make you pick it up at West ham. 

Bring ID for a scarf ffs

The Villa game has sold out to STHs, who by definition should be at the West Ham game. What's the problem?

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

I’m hearing that they are going to try catch re-sellers , apparently villa haven’t said NO ! 

Off on a tangent a bit ...

Some years ago ... well 30 or so years ago ...., the police in one of America's big cities wanted to round up loads of people who had been a bit naughty.  Nothing too serious, just non-payment of fines or somethng like that.

So they sent them all letters saying they's won a prize.   Collect it from the local sports ground at some pre-arranged time.   There were probably 2000 people there, when 100's of police just surrounded the place ... and nicked the whole lot of them.

It was quite funny.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Munshi said:

How would they even know who you are? You bring your Villa match ticket but there isn’t a name on there? Bit odd

Ever brought away tickets. Mine arrive with a letter which has all tickets listed next to the names and refs that brought them.

Would be very easy for them to check you ID find you on the list and check row and seat number against the list in a matter of seconds. Granted it may take minutes with our staff but still.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

this is trending on twitter btw, wtf is going on ahahah 

From what I can see, Villa fans on Twitter  have got #scarfgate trending because they think Leicester fans are up in arms about the scarves no being allowed to be put on the seats 🤔

6 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Ever brought away tickets. Mine arrive with a letter which has all tickets listed next to the names and refs that brought them.

Would be very easy for them to check you ID find you on the list and check row and seat number against the list in a matter of seconds. Granted it may take minutes with our staff but still.

Like I said, seems a bit unnecessary for a scarf but yeah who cares really 

Isn't the ID thing just an attempt to ensure people don't do like the beers and go back for five, six, seven or pass the ticket around like confetti so all their mates get one?

Absolutely will not be surprised if all the scarves are gone before all the away ticket holders have had chance to claim, unless the ID system is properly enforced, because of the above.

9 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Villa fans having a right giggle on twitter about not letting our owners pop scarves out in the away end for our fans. #scarfgate getting a lot of attention. Read through it trying to find the funny side of it and it’s all a bit cringey. Who gives a ****

They seem to be finding it hilarious... bunch of weirdos

8 minutes ago, Keith.walls said:

Bit silly thinking it’s to catch anyone. Anyone who had a resell ticket wouldn’t go to get a scarf. Not worth the risk is it 

Flip that the other way then. Those who don't go collect scarfs look a little suspicious. A way for the club to flag up potential resellers as they do from checking fb and on here, twitter etc.

I'd love tho know the real reason they have decided you have to collect at home. Even if villa had said no to putting on seats they have given away outside the away end previously such as west brom.

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Flip that the other way then. Those who don't go collect scarfs look a little suspicious. A way for the club to flag up potential resellers as they do from checking fb and on here, twitter etc.

I'd love tho know the real reason they have decided you have to collect at home. Even if villa had said no to putting on seats they have given away outside the away end previously such as west brom.

Don’t think anyone cares this much whether they have a scarf or not.