Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free Scarves For LCFC Supporters Travelling To Aston Villa

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Flip that the other way then. Those who don't go collect scarfs look a little suspicious. A way for the club to flag up potential resellers as they do from checking fb and on here, twitter etc.

I'd love tho know the real reason they have decided you have to collect at home. Even if villa had said no to putting on seats they have given away outside the away end previously such as west brom.

😂😂😂  

People who don’t go to collect a free scarf won’t look suspicious.

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-fans-travelling-aston-3733110

'Scarfgate' - Leicester City fans travelling to Aston Villa for second leg of Caraboa Cup semi-final will get free scarves
The Foxes were blocked from putting scarves on away seats at Villa Park which led to #scarfgate

ByAdrian Troughton
12:13, 13 JAN 2020UPDATED12:15, 13 JAN 2020

Leicester City fans travelling to Aston Villa for the second leg of the Caraboa Cup semi-final are being given free scarves.

The club wanted to leave the scarves on the seats in the away end at Villa Park for the game on January 28 but were blocked from doing so by the Birmingham club.

This snub produced a flurry of mickey-taking tweets which turned into #scarfgate.

This hashtag went viral and hit number three in the list of UK’s trending topics and broke into the worldwide top 50 over the weekend.

Leicester fans on Twitter claimed that Aston Villa were 'desperate' and 'scared' ahead of the second leg.

Southampton allowed City to put free scarves on away seats at St Mary's Stadium on October 25. The Foxes thanked them by beating them 9-0.

Villa fans hit back at the City fans tweets and the viral banter was born.

Foxes fans will now be able to pick up their free scarf at the King Power Stadium on the day of the home match against West Ham United on January 22.

A Leicester City spokesman said: “The Foxes take on Aston Villa on Tuesday January 28 with a free scarf on offer for every fan with a valid away match ticket. 

“The club is unable to leave the scarves on allocated seats at Villa Park, so they will need to be collected ahead of the fixture.

“A collection point will be set up on the day of the West Ham United game (Wednesday January, 22, 7:30pm kick-off) in the bag drop area, located in the east corner of King Power Stadium.

“It will be open from 3pm until kick-off and will reopen for 45 minutes after the final whistle.

“For those not attending the West Ham fixture, the free scarves can also be collected from the bag drop area on Thursday 23 January from 12pm-6pm.

“A valid away match ticket and ID will need to be presented on collection.”

The game at Vila Park is being played on Tuesday January 28 with a 7.45pm kick off.

The tie is evenly balanced after Brendan Rodgers' men had to be content with a 1-1 draw in the first leg at the King Power Stadium on January 8.

19 hours ago, peterborofox said:

I'm not going to the West Ham game and have a ticket for the Villa game. So I can't get the scarves on offer....

Do I look suspicious for not getting a free scarf????

lol

ffs

There’s a period of time the day after the game you can collect. 

On 12/01/2020 at 01:30, TJB-fox said:

Villa fans having a right giggle on twitter about not letting our owners pop scarves out in the away end for our fans. #scarfgate getting a lot of attention. Read through it trying to find the funny side of it and it’s all a bit cringey. Who gives a ****

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Villa fans really getting worked up by this on Twitter, bizarre bunch. Guess that's what happens when you haven't won a trophy in 25 years. 

Proper weird.

I looked the other day, think it was Saturday night, and it was one of the biggest trends "scarfgate".

Literally none of our fans have moaned.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Proper weird.

I looked the other day, think it was Saturday night, and it was one of the biggest trends "scarfgate".

Literally none of our fans have moaned.

Yeah that’s how I came across it, #scarfgate was trending. Hadn’t seen it on any lcfc based media and still haven’t.

5 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Yeah thanks I did see that... but it's no good to non Leicester residents is it.

Or if you're on holiday like I am 🤔

Correct lots live miles away.

Also some would rather not wear colours away.

We beat Villa in the last minute and then you get on public transport with a few idiots.

56 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Correct lots live miles away.

Also some would rather not wear colours away.

We beat Villa in the last minute and then you get on public transport with a few idiots.

Exactly my point. 

Few years ago they sent them out by post to people. That would be a much better option.

Snoodgate now trending on Twitter, full of wierdo Brummies. Tempting to wear every single bit of free shit (sorry stuff) we've had over the years to Villa Park and see how wound up they get, but i imagine the majority of Villa fans haven't got a clue what the Twitter lunatic fringe are on about.