Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Free Scarves For LCFC Supporters Travelling To Aston Villa

44 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Gunna get stick for this but whatever, no one is immune from criticism. 

These are horrid. Why on earth have we printed what is, in honesty, a half and half scarf? Also I get the idea of linking them with the kit that we're likely to wear on the day but making a sea of blue and white instead of black would have been much more fitting imo. 

What's worse is that the club will have had to have made 4000 of them, in case every single person who is entitled to one went to pick theirs up. I'd guess that a big proportion of them went uncollected but given the circumstances there's not much they could do about that. But becasue they've got the date on them and they're not in traditional club colours, who's going to wear them again after next week? I'd guess at tiny numbers of them making an appearance at any subsequent matches. 

So we've made 4000 scarves, 50% of which will go straight in the bin at the KP having never been used and the vast majority of the ones that were collected being used once and then being stuck in a drawer. Then the club have the cheek to put an article on the website about how they're tacking single use plastic. lol 

If it were just a simple blue and white bar scarf or something similar, they would look more fitting in the away end, and would be used more than once. I get the sentiment but people within the marketing team get these kind of thing so wrong so often. 

Just my two cents, like I say I'll get stick for "moaning" and "being ungrateful" but it's all about opinions aint it. 

Another one who just plainly hates the owners and everything they've ever done for us. Outrageous. :whistle:

I do think they're very "novelty" in terms of colour and specific. I'll let them get away with it, though, just imo, because it's an occasion. Semi-Final match gives the specificity some legitimacy, a random league game and it's a no-no. Black is a bit somber, though, even if they are our colours for the match!

Mine will just end up stuffed in my collection of "free clothing I'll never use but never want to let go of" things tbf.

1 hour ago, Katy said:

I get what you’re saying but I still like it. It’s actually very nice quality for a change and after the event, if you wrap it round your neck as I saw others do last night you can’t see the writing. It then become a very fetching, warm scarf 😉

If you like it then fair enough, I just don't lol 

But as always you can't have an opinion that criticises the club! Unless it's the players, then criticise all you want lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Gunna get stick for this but whatever, no one is immune from criticism. 

These are horrid. Why on earth have we printed what is, in honesty, a half and half scarf? Also I get the idea of linking them with the kit that we're likely to wear on the day but making a sea of blue and white instead of black would have been much more fitting imo. 

What's worse is that the club will have had to have made 4000 of them, in case every single person who is entitled to one went to pick theirs up. I'd guess that a big proportion of them went uncollected but given the circumstances there's not much they could do about that. But becasue they've got the date on them and they're not in traditional club colours, who's going to wear them again after next week? I'd guess at tiny numbers of them making an appearance at any subsequent matches. 

So we've made 4000 scarves, 50% of which will go straight in the bin at the KP having never been used and the vast majority of the ones that were collected being used once and then being stuck in a drawer. Then the club have the cheek to put an article on the website about how they're tacking single use plastic. lol 

If it were just a simple blue and white bar scarf or something similar, they would look more fitting in the away end, and would be used more than once. I get the sentiment but people within the marketing team get these kind of thing so wrong so often. 

Just my two cents, like I say I'll get stick for "moaning" and "being ungrateful" but it's all about opinions aint it. 

What do you get from chatting rubbish on the internet about a marketing team who clearly love our football club, out of interest? 

30 minutes ago, FLAN said:

What do you get from chatting rubbish on the internet about a marketing team who clearly love our football club, out of interest? 

Marketing team who love our club? Lol why would the marketing team love our club?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FLAN said:

And there was me wondering what the Head of Marketing was thinking right now...

• Haha 3

I’m always grateful for the extra lengths our club and owners goes to, from clackers to doughnuts to mince pies to beer to chocolate coins, to Santa hats, to fairground rides (remember Everton!)... 

Have to say I was slightly taken aback by the colour but straight away thought well it’s black kits away then isn’t it, so that makes sense. Grateful too for the quality material - if we all had those Santa hats around our necks we’d be going to work the next day with inexplicable rashes!

Raise your scarves and sing like you’ve never sung before... and let’s get us over the line and back to Wembley 🦊 🏆 

• Like 1

I get the good intentions behind these giveaways, but must say I'm not sure about this. 

All the away fans - or, at least the majority - wearing the same thing makes us look a bit corporate and touristy. A bit like a school trip or something.

Seems symptomatic of the time we live in. Individual expression discouraged for the collective brand.

Don't kill me...

28 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

I get the good intentions behind these giveaways, but must say I'm not sure about this. 

All the away fans - or, at least the majority - wearing the same thing makes us look a bit corporate and touristy. A bit like a school trip or something.

Seems symptomatic of the time we live in. Individual expression discouraged for the collective brand.

Don't kill me...

Well i defineatly ain't going to wear the same thing. I'm wearing my Man Utd shirt!

• Haha 1

If you feel that strongly about the scarves... do something about it.

Get a message on here and the multiple fan groups on Facebook. Also theres Twitter. 

Were turning the place Blue and White with balloons and other bits. 

Get the blue and white scarves out and swing the ****ers around.

• Like 1

Some fans are too good for freee scarves as they’re not original enough. If you don’t want your scarf, that’s fine. If you want your scarf. Also fine. 

Some people’s attitude on here to the situation and towards others is absolutely disgusting though and if that’s all they’ve got in their lives to worry about then I’d love to know the secret recipe to life. 

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

If you feel that strongly about the scarves... do something about it.

Get a message on here and the multiple fan groups on Facebook. Also theres Twitter. 

Were turning the place Blue and White with balloons and other bits. 

Get the blue and white scarves out and swing the ****ers around.

Well, I think most people will do this but it's a shame the club didn't instigate everyone to at least have one blue and white scarf.

Fully see where they are coming from by matching to our colours on the night, but it doesn't help the away end stand out unfortunately. Bit of a flop.

A nice scarf (and commemorative)? Absolutely. Just not what I was hoping the intention of the scarves were, to help create a sea of blue and white behind that goal.

I have plenty of blue and white scarves which I will be bringing along.

• Like 1

I suppose the point for me is the club are boasting about recycling and the re-use of glasses etc. 

They hand out a scarf which has a shelf life of a single game - which will be a memento for the collections I am sure we all have and that's probably it. (For example, I can't think if I have seen anyone with the Atleti scarves since the game)

The scarves are notably far better quality than others, even the Atleti trips scarves were a better material for the warmer weather. 

What they handed out for the recent Vichai memorial and the Palace game (blue and white) can be/they are being re-used

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Some fans are too good for freee scarves as they’re not original enough. If you don’t want your scarf, that’s fine. If you want your scarf. Also fine. 

Some people’s attitude on here to the situation and towards others is absolutely disgusting though and if that’s all they’ve got in their lives to worry about then I’d love to know the secret recipe to life. 

Quite simple really - don't worry about what people think. In fact, don't worry, period. Que sera sera. 

(We're going to Wemb-er-lee...)

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not sure anyone's argued on the contrary tbf. 

If think if anything, people that don't want them, get more stick than the ones that do. 

I’m really not bothered if people choose to have theirs or not. But why do they need to make a big statement on why they don’t want it or how disgusted they are with the club for offering out free scarves?

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m really not bothered if people choose to have theirs or not. But why do they need to make a big statement on why they don’t want it or how disgusted they are with the club for offering out free scarves?

Again, no one's "disgusted" at the club, it's just a few rational comments mainly about waste from the last couple of pages. 

But again on the flipside, why are people so quick to bootlick the club and just shout down anyone that makes reasonable suggestions for improvements? Like I say, I think the people that don't like them get more stick, which a few people in this thread have proved. 

• Like 3

I think if you don't want the scarf there are plenty of people who do want them. Just put them on here and whoever wants can make a donation to the vichai foundation (or another charity of that person's choice) and then everyone is a winner. To me that makes perfect sense? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I think if you don't want the scarf there are plenty of people who do want them. Just put them on here and whoever wants can make a donation to the vichai foundation (or another charity of that person's choice) and then everyone is a winner. To me that makes perfect sense? 

Suggested a exchange a few months ago, would be a good idea I think. 

• Like 1