Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Except that if he hadn’t royally pi$$ed off Eriksen and his agent he should have been looking at north of £60 mill for him and there was talk of an asking price of close to £100 mill when he doing well last season . So not quite so brilliant in that context 

He's been offering Eriksen 250k p/w for years now, nobody got particularly pissed off anywhere. He's tried to sell him at market value for several windows now, but nobody that Eriksen would sign for has been in for him, which complicated Levy's job. Considering the situation that they found themselves in I think he's done a great job.

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Be amazed if he's half as good as Eriksen , I reckon he wanted out as soon as Brexit became certain . Spurs will find it hard to replace his intelligence and that of course is good for us.

He's the unfinished product, I'd imagine his impact for Spurs will be a bit like Eriksen's initially, taking a while to grow into the team. He probably won't ever reach Eriksen's heights though yeah.

15 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's been offering Eriksen 250k p/w for years now, nobody got particularly pissed off anywhere. He's tried to sell him at market value for several windows now, but nobody that Eriksen would sign for has been in for him, which complicated Levy's job. Considering the situation that they found themselves in I think he's done a great job.

Is it not more to do with domestic issues ie Vertonghen and his wife? Must have been very difficult for Eriksson. 

15 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Except that if he hadn’t royally pi$$ed off Eriksen and his agent he should have been looking at north of £60 mill for him and there was talk of an asking price of close to £100 mill when he doing well last season . So not quite so brilliant in that context 

Agree.  £16-20 mill  for Eriksen a steal. But high wages....Bergwijn I doubt will start on same wages or reach that Level for awhile ....so books slightly  balanced..!

But Spurs,Not cashing in on a Top star,when it was obvious he Wanted away.....that is bottling it,big time.!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Depends if you believe the Sun or not. Basically, no.

Yes, it goes back a while doesn't it and there have been rebuttals of it in the papers. I don't know whether it was the Sun that actually first reported on it but a Tottenham supporting friend (I use the term loosely, perhaps acquaintance would have been more acceptable) stated that it seemed to have started from within the club to the extent that some small sections of the crowd started booing Vertonghen. Who knows eh? Just hope no one finds out about you and Rebecca Vardy 😱 I'm sure it's safe on here though.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Agree.  £16-20 mill  for Eriksen a steal. But high wages....Bergwijn I doubt will start on same wages or reach that Level for awhile ....so books slightly  balanced..!

But Spurs,Not cashing in on a Top star,when it was obvious he Wanted away.....that is bottling it,big time.!!

Not too dissimilar wages to Ericsson (which was the big problem) - €70k/week

+ bonus’

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

True, good point.

I mean I'm with you in heart, it's exciting isn't it and you want us to capitalise and make some great signings and push on and do even better. 

But with the head you have to appreciate the sense of not splashing out in January when what we have already is working.