Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Well the official club account tweeted pics of him wishing him a happy birthday yesterday and Lawell to my surprise waxed lyrical about him at our last AGM in November there.

I don't think Celtic would be any less willing to do a deal on a player with Leicester than with any other club if they were resigned to the player going.  In fact I'd argue the opposite would be the case given how swiftly Leicester paid Rodgers and his entire team's release clause for £9m mid-season when they could have waited until the summer and paid half of that.

Morelos is a walking time bomb, I'd steer well clear, he also needs 2 or 3 chances to score one goal, he'll not get that in the EPL.

I wasn't aware he keeps getting sent off for Rangers. Keep clear of him so. It was just that I seen him play a couple of times and he looks a decent striker.

That's a fair point about the release clause. But the Owners are no where near as wealthy as our owners. For that reason I think Celtic would be happy to sell 1 or 2 players to us.

But we may have to wait until the Summer.

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Morelos is a walking time bomb, I'd steer well clear, he also needs 2 or 3 chances to score one goal, he'll not get that in the EPL.

Time for Leicester to take one for the good of both English and Scottish Premier League's

Buy him, send him to OH Leuven

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I wasn't aware he keeps getting sent off for Rangers. Keep clear of him so. It was just that I seen him play a couple of times and he looks a decent striker.

That's a fair point about the release clause. But the Owners are no where near as wealthy as our owners. For that reason I think Celtic would be happy to sell 1 or 2 players to us.

But we may have to wait until the Summer.

I think between Denis O'Brien and Dermot Desmond their combined net worth isn't a kick in the back side off King Power, that's before you mention John Fisher of GAP who owns a significant stake in us.

Anyway, relative wealth of the owners is totally academic as that wouldn't be the reason Celtic would sell players to Leicester.  We could have Sheikh Monsour in charge and we'd still lose players and managers to Leicester and any other EPL club as they play in a better more competitive league and can offer far more money in terms of wages. 

• Like 1

Why are people confusing the Celtic owners with the Celtic fans? The owners fully sanctioned the Rodgers deal, in that regard we acted completely professional and did nothing to upset anyone. 

The club hierarchy have literally no reason to be annoyed with us. 

5 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Is this the Bergwijn thread or the other Scottish tenuous rumours thread? 

Happens al the time when the thread has no basis any more

in case anyone cares, the subject of the thread, yeah him , is still waiting for permission from PSV to go to spurs training ground as no fee agreed and possibly going to drag on through the week although some conflicting info saying fee agreed at €30m

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Happens al the time when the thread has no basis any more

in case anyone cares, the subject of the thread, yeah him , is still waiting for permission from PSV to go to spurs training ground as no fee agreed and possibly going to drag on through the week although some conflicting info saying fee agreed at €30m

Yeah but what about these Scottish players?

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ah well boys! Plenty more great wingers to be signed from the Eredivisie, like Stengs, Promes, Neres. 

Stengs please, or maybe Orsolini

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Levy with another masterclass to be honest. Sell Eriksen for 20 million pounds with less than 6 months on his contract and buy his replacement for less than 10 million pounds extra. 

Be amazed if he's half as good as Eriksen , I reckon he wanted out as soon as Brexit became certain . Spurs will find it hard to replace his intelligence and that of course is good for us.

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Levy with another masterclass to be honest. Sell Eriksen for 20 million pounds with less than 6 months on his contract and buy his replacement for less than 10 million pounds extra. 

Except that if he hadn’t royally pi$$ed off Eriksen and his agent he should have been looking at north of £60 mill for him and there was talk of an asking price of close to £100 mill when he doing well last season . So not quite so brilliant in that context