Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

Spurs!? That seems strange because they already have Son, Lamela, Lucas Moura who are similar types of players and if anything they need a true striker with Kane out injured. I suppose they could put Son up front and bring in Bergwijn in his place?

Still I find that quite a weird one. Chelsea I could believe as they have Pedro and Willian who are both the wrong side of 30, but Spurs seems like a bit of a weird fit. He doesn't replace Eriksen either who is the one departing.

If he is going there I hope we've at least put a bid in for him. Spurs are the one club from the traditional top 6 who we can probably match wages with.

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Someone make him aware he'll be mainly defending for the next few years under Mourinho.

Yeah it will be somewhat depressing if we've been gazumped after being in a cup semi final, odds on for Champions League football and playing sexy football and we still can't get him!

I think we've been trying to do the deal quietly, but someone from PSV has (understandably) informed other clubs and Spurs have acted on it. Ah well there are other targets and this player is far from guaranteed to be good, but he looks promising. One thing about signing a player now is that we could ease them in during the last part of the season so they are ready to make an impact at the start of next season. Could yet end up getting Hwang from Salzburg or someone similar, but that's Olmo and Bergwijn gone this window who would have been right up our street.

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah it will be somewhat depressing if we've been gazumped after being in a cup semi final, odds on for Champions League football and playing sexy football and we still can't get him!

I think we've been trying to do the deal quietly, but someone from PSV has (understandably) informed other clubs and Spurs have acted on it. Ah well there are other targets and this player is far from guaranteed to be good, but he looks promising. One thing about signing a player now is that we could ease them in during the last part of the season so they are ready to make an impact at the start of next season. Could yet end up getting Hwang from Salzburg or someone similar, but that's Olmo and Bergwijn gone this window who would have been right up our street.

Maybe he saw us play against Man City and Liverpool  ........then losing to Burnley clinched it for Mourinho ahead of Brendan !🙁

Edited by st albans fox

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe he saw us play against Man City and Liverpool  ........then losing to Burnley clinched it for Mourinho ahead of Brendan !🙁

If so, someone from the Spurs side has played a blinder hiding the table from him for so long!! lol

42 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Spurs!? That seems strange because they already have Son, Lamela, Lucas Moura who are similar types of players and if anything they need a true striker with Kane out injured. I suppose they could put Son up front and bring in Bergwijn in his place?

Still I find that quite a weird one. Chelsea I could believe as they have Pedro and Willian who are both the wrong side of 30, but Spurs seems like a bit of a weird fit. He doesn't replace Eriksen either who is the one departing.

If he is going there I hope we've at least put a bid in for him. Spurs are the one club from the traditional top 6 who we can probably match wages with.

My reaction as well. Balls.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/26/tottenham-psv-steven-bergwijn

"Bergwijn’s agent is understood to be in England to explore a move for his client, with Leicester also interested in a player who is a strong candidate to start for the Netherlands at Euro 2020. Bergwijn was a target for Sevilla last summer but he stayed put and signed a new contract, which runs until 2023."

It’s always been whoever we’re interested in you’ll always find Spurs or Arsenal sniffing around too a bit alike Tielemans etc we do the scouting they come and bully their way in didn’t week for Youri but we’ve lost a couple of targets in the past to them !!

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

It’s always been whoever we’re interested in you’ll always find Spurs or Arsenal sniffing around too a bit alike Tielemans etc we do the scouting they come and bully their way in didn’t week for Youri but we’ve lost a couple of targets in the past to them !!

I'm pretty sure spurs, arsenal and most top half premier League will have had a good look at bergwijn. He's not some Riyad Mahrez unknown gem playing the French 2nd divison. He's currently Holland's main man.