Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

1 minute ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Realistically even though we are in a semi final and odds on the get champions league I believe spurs will have more pull for a player. Hope I’m wrong! 

Does seem very strange.

Spurs have litterally achieved nothing absolutly nothing. Yes they have a nice stadium but that's really just about it.

Leicester in the last 10 years have won 3 league titles 1 of them being the premier league and are improving nearly every season.

Surely young hungry players should be looking at signing for teams like us now 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Does seem very strange.

Spurs have litterally achieved nothing absolutly nothing. Yes they have a nice stadium but that's really just about it.

Leicester in the last 10 years have won 3 league titles 1 of them being the premier league and are improving nearly every season.

In the case of Spurs and even Chelsea. It's location and the bright lights of London which plays a big part in where players choose to go.

Not in every case but in a lot where players have that Party instinct built in.

• Like 4

I think Kante said when he signed for us that he didn't even know Leicester had a football team, only knowing of the rugby team.

We've done at lot to redress that of late but I think we've still got a ways to go before we're thought of in the same category as teams like Man U, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and, to a lesser extent, Spurs.... but we're getting there.

• Like 1

30 mil. He's all yours Daniel. Sure that Mourinho will get the best out of him :fishing: given his experience with young players like Salah.

23 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Does seem very strange.

We're miles behind Tottenham as an attractive proposition for a player, wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Does seem very strange.

Are you really struggling to understand why a top player would choose Spurs over Leicester?

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

**** it, we've got way more cash than that tight-arse Levy would ever dare stump up.

Your right the "Guardian" said they were in talks. Levy master of negotiation and all that :whistle:

If he does go to Spurs that will be a terrible career move. This guy isn’t ready for the Premier League yet, he’s playing for a PSV side that admit they are in a crisis. This guy is not like Lucas Moura who was playing at a high level with many games for PSG. 

This is the sort of player that needs game time and coaching. He could be very good but he’s certainly not a short term fix. For that reason we’d be perfect for him but equally I wouldn’t be that upset not to get him. At the moment you are buying potential not proven quality. He could be a Maddison but he could also be a Gray / Amartey. Admittedly though at that price, being a Dutch international and coming from PSV I think he’s more likely to be good than bad!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If he does go to Spurs that will be a terrible career move. This guy isn’t ready for the Premier League yet, he’s playing for a PSV side that admit they are in a crisis. This guy is not like Lucas Moura who was playing at a high level with many games for PSG. 

This is the sort of player that needs game time and coaching. He could be very good but he’s certainly not a short term fix. For that reason we’d be perfect for him but equally I wouldn’t be that upset not to get him. At the moment you are buying potential not proven quality. He could be a Maddison but he could also be a Gray / Amartey. Admittedly though at that price, being a Dutch international and coming from PSV I think he’s more likely to be good than bad!

He’s ready for the Premier League!

(and he wants to play with Youri and Dennis)

It’ll all be fine.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Don't know this at all for certain but this reeks of agent chat.

I wonder whether our approach this window has focussed on loans with a view to a permenant. Maybe this leak forces us to go for a permenant deal?

Merely speculating.

Reports that he is at spurs training ground .....

Our profile remains way short of spurs for most players, especially those from abroad.

maybe if next season, we have a good CL campaign and finish top 4 again we could compete 

in the meantime, especially with Mourinho there, we have to shop elsewhere to them and the other ‘top six’ clubs. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Reports that he is at spurs training ground .....

Our profile remains way short of spurs for most players, especially those from abroad.

maybe if next season, we have a good CL campaign and finish top 4 again we could compete 

in the meantime, especially with Mourinho there, we have to shop elsewhere to them and the other ‘top six’ clubs. 

Hadnt seen that! Ignore that then.