Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

If it’s true that he went for an illicit medical, then this is a disastrous turn of events for Tottenham?

Either

• they have to pay more
  • it gets called off
  • Stevie is forced to move elsewhere

:dunno:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

If it’s true that he went for an illicit medical, then this is a disastrous turn of events for Tottenham?

Either

• they have to pay more
  • it gets called off
  • Stevie is forced to move elsewhere

:dunno:

There is no evidence he has had a medical .....

simply that he has negotiated with spurs before a deal is agreed ( but that happens all the time) 

sky just said he isn’t actually in the U.K. ......... bit of a mess but generally if the player wants to go to a club a deal is worked out ....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Anyone speak Dutch? This is recent.

Someone on reddit posted this..

Good evening PSV fans, a lot was said about me, I've read all of it and I'm disappointed with how this went down. Nothing of it is true, I never refused to play for PSV and I would never do so in the future. I'm a boy from the club, PSV is in my heart. The media is twisting this whole story, I called the trainer this morning and he gave me the green light to play. He then wished me success, everything went fine and I did everything in a good manner without going behind PSV's back. Thank you.

• Thanks 3

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Mine’s a bit sketchy as I said before but I think the general gist is: “I heard that Spurs were interested in me and, because I am an ambitious player, I decided to try and force it through illegally in the hope that it would actually collapse the deal. Moving to North London would be career suicide so obviously I’m happy to stay at PSV until Job Rudkin can get his finger out of his arse and sort this out”

Yes my pidgin Dutch heard the same :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Someone on reddit posted this..

Good evening PSV fans, a lot was said about me, I've read all of it and I'm disappointed with how this went down. Nothing of it is true, I never refused to play for PSV and I would never do so in the future. I'm a boy from the club, PSV is in my heart. The media is twisting this whole story, I called the trainer this morning and he gave me the green light to play. He then wished me success, everything went fine and I did everything in a good manner without going behind PSV's back. Thank you.

yes that's close to what he said. The coach gave  him the green light to go negociate, not to play though... That bit is off.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll be pretty unimpressed if we don’t attempt to battle the likes of Spurs for this calibre of player. But I imagine Rodgers probably has his eye on that fella from Celtic. 

The problem is Brendan wants 3 or 4 from Celtic but has to be careful not to piss them off anymore. He needs to decide on 1 or 2 and get it done. They will sell for the right price.

He should also be chasing that young Striker Morelos at Rangers. 

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Be amazing if what followed Mourinho at United happens to Spurs. 

Guaranteed, it will.  The question is whether they’ll compress his three-year Bounce > Trophy > Meltdown cycle to just one.

Skipping that Year Two silverware would be as Spursy as it gets :D

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

The problem is Brendan wants 3 or 4 from Celtic but has to be careful not to piss them off anymore. He needs to decide on 1 or 2 and get it done. They will sell for the right price.

He's not exactly young, he'll be 24 by the end of the season. He's also a walking red card, would get sent off at least 4 times a season here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

"If Carlsberg did final tables" and they put themselves third hahahaha what an absolute knacker of a football club.

When your wildest fantasy is watching somebody watch somebody make love to the woman of your unattainable dreams …

you must be a Spurs fan

16 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll be pretty unimpressed if we don’t attempt to battle the likes of Spurs for this calibre of player. But I imagine Rodgers probably has his eye on that fella from Celtic. 

Edouard and Bergwijn are different sorts of players, the latter is a natural wide player whilst Eddy is a centre forward who could play out on the left at a push.  To sign him and play him as a winger would be daft however.

13 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Well the official club account tweeted pics of him wishing him a happy birthday yesterday and Lawell to my surprise waxed lyrical about him at our last AGM in November there.

I don't think Celtic would be any less willing to do a deal on a player with Leicester than with any other club if they were resigned to the player going.  In fact I'd argue the opposite would be the case given how swiftly Leicester paid Rodgers and his entire team's release clause for £9m mid-season when they could have waited until the summer and paid half of that.

Morelos is a walking time bomb, I'd steer well clear, he also needs 2 or 3 chances to score one goal, he'll not get that in the EPL.

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He's not exactly young, he'll be 24 by the end of the season. He's also a walking red card, would get sent off at least 4 times a season here.

Was sent off 4 or 5 times last season up here and two so far this season so on track for the same again this season and like you say would be the same down in England.  There's a reason Rangers have had one bid of 3m euros from him from Bordeaux so far and that's it, the guy is a head case.