Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

45 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hadnt seen that! Ignore that then.

Player has gone to spurs to negotiate (according to their coach) .  

Clubs yet to agree deal. Spurs @ €30m .  PSV want more. (According to PSV Twitter ITK)

irrespective of what we would pay, the player needs to want the move ..... more chance that Chelsea or Arsenal  hijack it than we do. 

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Player has gone to spurs to negotiate (according to their coach) .  

Clubs yet to agree deal. Spurs @ €30m .  PSV want more. (According to PSV Twitter ITK)

irrespective of what we would pay, the player needs to want the move ..... more chance that Chelsea or Arsenal  hijack it than we do. 

I don’t think we were ever in for him tbh 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Just to be clear: Bergwijn has received NO permission from PSV to fly to Spurs for a medical examination. And he called Ernest Faber himself this morning and said: I'm not playing. Bewilderment above in #PSV is big

Their coach says he has gone to speak to spurs but several sources say no permission given for a medical so I doubt one is under way ..... levy can drag out a deal! 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just to be clear: Bergwijn has received NO permission from PSV to fly to Spurs for a medical examination. And he called Ernest Faber himself this morning and said: I'm not playing. Bewilderment above in #PSV is big

Wow, that stinks for PSV and doesn’t exactly shine a good light on the guy.

• Like 2

Spurs is still likely to be more attractive to any foreign player unless we are offering daft wages….

It’s a huge ground, are generally there or thereabouts for top 4 and they’ve a historical prestige (whether we like it or not)

it’ll take a two to three years hitting the top 6 to start to get more recognition from foreign players with a choice…

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Their coach says he has gone to speak to spurs but several sources say no permission given for a medical so I doubt one is under way ..... levy can drag out a deal! 

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Wow, that stinks for PSV and doesn’t exactly shine a good light on the guy.

Sounds like a Mahrez style mardy arse. Not the sort of personality we like to hire these days. 

I’d piss myself if PSV sue them!

42 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

E54E8EEF-7160-4B0E-8C67-C3863240B221.thumb.jpeg.d824fe3fc4124c9120f0b7987044bd2b.jpegC79FC1BE-696F-43E8-9A30-0FC5B3F2B133.thumb.jpeg.02424f0c01499fec3634addde7af8dd3.jpeg

Always great when a fan forum bites at Twitter football fans. They maybe a bigger club, but they've had a poor season so far and aren't exactly in a place to be mocking teams above them.

Really want the top 4 to be blown apart to bring fans of bigger clubs down a peg or two. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Be amazing if what followed Mourinho at United happens to Spurs. 

One can only hope!

It's interesting that since taking over their possession stats are worse and they've gone to his classic 4231 that is well setup but lacks much attacking play. In fact Jose has always struggled to create an attacking style of play with any team, relying instead on individuals to perform within that structure. It was certainly effective in the past, but I feel these days Liverpool, Man City, etc are proving you have to play system football. My argument for that is that three of the most progressive teams in Europe this season are Leipzig, Atalanta and Leicester City. All three are "party crasher" clubs that aren't traditional powerhouses, but all three play a high pressing game and system football where the sum of their parts is larger than the individuals within the squad. Compare that to Man United and AC Milan who have blown vasts sums of money but remain mediocre at best.

But that said, Mourinho brought a new assistant manager from Lyon with him, and they have signed another young Portuguese player Gedson already this window. I wouldn't put it past Mourinho to change his style as he has expressed his admiration for both Man City and Liverpool on TV before. That said I just can't see them being as slick as even the way we play when on top form as that's just so not how he sets up his teams.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Have they got 15 new threads on him like we did when Mahrez went AWOL?

Can only operate Google Translate so fast

Standby....