Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

FoxesTalk Strava virtual running club

Decided to go against my normal routine and went out this morning - 10k would complete 100k in a month (realistically five weekend month only chance I’ll do it). New PB but I feel sore now after 10 on Saturday and training yesterday. 

I was hoping to squeeze in 5ks on Tuesday and Thursday with a walk up Snowdonia on Friday 

• Like 1

On 30/08/2020 at 20:56, Costock_Fox said:

Plodded out a 10k this afternoon to get my monthly miles up and went with the o/h. Apple Watch 6.34mile, phone 5.6 miles. Which is more accurate? It seemed slow so I’m inclined to say my phone.

Have you got really long arms?

Maybe your arms covered more distance than the rest of you.

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Milo said:

For the first time in years, I did my first 5k in less than 30 minutes yesterday - and did something horrible to my calf about 20 metres from home. Feels like I'm being stabbed just below the calf muscle every time I walk  :mellow:

Was looking to break 25 minutes this week. Ah well.

(Good excuse to enjoy several pints of shipyard instead)!

At least you don't have to feel guilty for drinking them :thumbup:. I get the same pains underneath my calf too later in the day after a run.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 10:51, Bob Weasel Fox said:

15 mile run completed yesterday

9 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

16.65 miles today, longest ever run so I’m chuffed really with that. 

Insane distances but well done BWF

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Last four 5kms (on treadmill)

25 mins 32 sec

25 mins 37 sec

25 mins 28 sec

25 mins 34 sec

I just can't break that bastard 25 min barrier and it's starting to piss me off!!!!!

Izzy my old mate - how the hell is your wiry old frame managing those times?!?!

I've never got below 28m + some secs

25 minutes is madness. Come to think of it, even 27 minutes would be madness!

BTW Did 8k today non stop (ie no run/walk/run/walk thing) before heading off to the KP for work and that felt great ... and then I see what distances and times people post and it feels somewhat inadequate! lol

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

25 mins 32 sec

25 mins 37 sec

25 mins 28 sec

25 mins 34 sec

I just can't break that bastard 25 min barrier and it's starting to piss me off!!!!!

It’s okay when you get there, it’s not fun. Feels like your lungs are about collapsing. 

I had a quick last week managed a new PB around the 23 min mark and then on Friday, went on a run with a serious runner from work; went surprisingly well - 8k, should have carried on as I’d have managed something like 52/53 min 10k

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Insane distances but well done BWF

Izzy my old mate - how the hell is your wiry old frame managing those times?!?!

I've never got below 28m + some secs

25 minutes is madness. Come to think of it, even 27 minutes would be madness!

BTW Did 8k today non stop (ie no run/walk/run/walk thing) before heading off to the KP for work and that felt great ... and then I see what distances and times people post and it feels somewhat inadequate! lol

@UpTheLeagueFox I think you are doing amazingly well, your distances are relative to how you feel and what you are capable of at that junction of your journey (so to speak) and @Izzy is doing fantastic also. All the runners on this forum are all amazing. 

keep up the great work

by the way my left heel feels horrendous today and just got to nurse it through the next 2 weeks until the big run  

• Like 4

13.6 yesterday, taking me just over 40miles for the week for the first time since February. Nice loop round to Swithland reservoir and back through Woodhouse Eaves to Loughborough, lovely fresh weather and back home before 8:30, great start to the day :)

The higher mileage of marathon training really seems to suit me well, so looking forward to getting stuck in to the regular 40+ weeks for the next few months. First race I'm booked in for is a 10-lap marathon round Oulton park circuit in December (lockdown permitting), and its nice having an actual target/date to work towards.

Still dealing with a few niggles here and there, but *touch wood* nothing major.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

@UpTheLeagueFox I think you are doing amazingly well, your distances are relative to how you feel and what you are capable of at that junction of your journey (so to speak) and @Izzy is doing fantastic also. All the runners on this forum are all amazing. 

Really good points made, I used to look at the times and distances people like yourself were doing on here and feel somewhat envious. Now I look back to where I was before and compare myself to the present day and feel really proud of my progress.

I set my first target doing the couch to 5k (which should really be called 'couch to 30 minutes), which I completed around a month ago. Then my next target was 5km consistently in under 30 minutes which I've achieved in my last 5 runs and now hitting around the 29 minute mark. Next target is to slowly build up to 10km runs and not worrying about my times and once I hit 10 km I'll start setting time targets.

It really is just about setting your own goals and feeling bloody awesome when you hit them. I'm 31 now and after 5 months running I'm probably the fittest I've been in my adult life.

Keep going guys, amazing work!

• Like 3

On 20/09/2020 at 22:39, Izzy said:

25 mins 32 sec

25 mins 37 sec

25 mins 28 sec

25 mins 34 sec

Top tip - run a bit faster and you’ll break the 25 min barrier

good luck 👍🏼 

• Thanks 1

On 10/09/2020 at 10:51, Bob Weasel Fox said:

15 mile run completed yesterday

today I feel very sore and can hardly walk

full marathon on October 4th to be done for Mind MH Charity

the pain will be worth it I think (only £200 ish raised so far though ☹️)

Put your link up to your fundraiser and I’ll sponsor you…

Ben