Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

FoxesTalk Strava virtual running club

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Looks like you were caught on a traffic camera! 

One of my good pals saw me on route and took them.

He's lost over 3 stone since the summer from running, he couldn't do 100 yards without being out of breath at first - he's inspired me a lot, he's embraced it big time.

Didn't think I'd be able to move today but managed to walk down the stairs comfortably. Maybe tomorrow it'll hit home.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One of my good pals saw me on route and took them.

He's lost over 3 stone since the summer from running, he couldn't do 100 yards without being out of breath at first - he's inspired me a lot, he's embraced it big time.

Didn't think I'd be able to move today but managed to walk down the stairs comfortably. Maybe tomorrow it'll hit home.

Glucosamine

cod liver oil

i used to think they were supplements for old people!!!

hang on…. Maybe I’m old??? :unsure:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's been a strange old day...

Great stuff! After doing so many 5k runs flat out for so long I'm beginning to enjoy the longer runs a lot more.

Looks like you ran along my usual route (bridle paths along Mill Lane in Glen Parva) will give a wave if I see you in the future!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Due to lockdown restrictions/laziness I've stuck to running to and from my front door for a while, but decided to walk to a more pedestrianised route and run there for a change of scenery. 

Managed 10 miles in 1h15m, which I'm over the moon with. Even now I hate big inclines, so I'll put much of it down to having a fairly flat surface. Time to move to the Netherlands/Norwich city centre.  

20210206_132756.jpg

That's bloody impressive.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Due to lockdown restrictions/laziness I've stuck to running to and from my front door for a while, but decided to walk to a more pedestrianised route and run there for a change of scenery. 

Managed 10 miles in 1h15m, which I'm over the moon with. Even now I hate big inclines, so I'll put much of it down to having a fairly flat surface. Time to move to the Netherlands/Norwich city centre.  

20210206_132756.jpg

Superb 👏

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Went for a 10k today - bit of a challenging route as the hills immediately kick in but I enjoyed simply cruising rather than chasing a time 

It’s definitely a nicer way to run. I haven’t done longer than 5k for a while but will hopefully get one in soon.

I really enjoy running along the canal but that’s just daft near me at the minute, so muddy.

• Like 2

Didn't realise until I got an email a little earlier that today is London Marathon rejection day.

The service is down as it stands so I haven't received my result yet. I can't see it going ahead in any event, even come October. 

I was due to do the Paris Marathon last April and that was rescheduled 3 or 4 times before they, understandably, completely gave up. 

EDIT - Didn't get in. I think that's now failed attempt number 9. I'd love to get a charity place, but guaranteeing to raise £3,000+ during a pandemic isn't an easy task.  

Edited by David Guiza

On 06/02/2021 at 13:28, David Guiza said:

20210206_132756.jpg

When I was younger I used to seek out hills to run up, now when I plan my run I try and find the flattest

route possible.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Joined the group last week after taking running up more regularly this year. Completed my first 10km yesterday and really enjoying it, deffo my favorite form of exercise right now.

Yeah I also finally joined the FT group on Strava, hopefully it will increase my motivation to get out and run/walk even though it's still not something I enjoy.

• Like 1

Been out every-other-day 4 times now, dropped it back to a run-walk whilst I get some consistency back. Still a million miles off where I was before, but hopefully by the time the weather warms up again I'll be in a position to push on. Still got my eyes set on a sub-20 5k, but need to get back to comfortably running sub-25 first lol

Achilles have been the real issue lately. Absolutely fine before/after a run, and during the early stages, but after about 10 mins they both feel tight and sore. Putting it down to the cold weather and a few months of doing very little, so just trying to take my time and ease back into it without pushing too hard. It sucks, but just gotta deal with it best I can.

My entry to Manchester from last April is deferred to this October, and I've got a few other things pencilled in for over the summer, so hopefully my mileage will be back up in the 30+/wk soon enough...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yeah I also finally joined the FT group on Strava, hopefully it will increase my motivation to get out and run/walk even though it's still not something I enjoy.

Yeah nice to see other people’s routes. Went out today and it definitely felt more Spring like, hoping that it’ll be more enjoyable when it starts to get warmer.

34 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yeah nice to see other people’s routes. Went out today and it definitely felt more Spring like, hoping that it’ll be more enjoyable when it starts to get warmer.

I did 10k on Monday and 13.2k today - did not feel like Spring at all, especially when I got caught in a snow flurry in Blaby towards the end :S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I did 10k on Monday and 13.2k today - did not feel like Spring at all, especially when I got caught in a snow flurry in Blaby towards the end :S

You must have gone out at the wrong time haha. I got caught in a snow flurry the other day, it makes for an interesting run lol

• Like 1